Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-27-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

Outside/Slide TV Dropped Down on its own!!! HELP!!

Not sure what's going on. This morning when my kitchen circuits popped a braker, my outside/in-the-slide TV dropped down as if I engaged that switch for it to come down. Now that switch - which I haven't used for two years - will NOT get it to go back up. I've pulled and reinstalled all of the wires to the back of its switch. No change.

I have done all of the obvious things: 1, Check for a blown fuse - but I can't find a fuse for it; 2. Checked all of my circute breakers - all appear to be on and working

I'm in a camp ground and scheduled to leave. Obviously I can't.

Any assistance on this holiday would be enormously helpful. Other than "Spend another day camping and call for a mobile tech on Tuesday."
Just For Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-27-2019, 05:22 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
One of the tools I carry is a small 12V battery...hook one (or other 12V source) to the motor leads (reverse if necessary) and raise it back up for now.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:44 PM   #3

After feeling all alone and frustrated (I had to drive about 1/2 mile from my campsite just to get and internet connection) I decided to double check everything I did in attempting to solve my electrical problem. Long story short - I rechecked my circuit breakers. I flipped the "Entertainment Center" breaker fully off and left it there for several seconds (not sure if I was praying during that time or not) and then fully back on. I went back out to the slide raise/lower switch... YEP!!!!! MAGIC!!!!!! It worked!!!!

So even though I'd flipped that breaker on and off before, this time (????) it worked. What appears to be the problem is that I have a weak and or failing breaker that need to be replaced very soon.

Another lesson learned.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivylog View Post
One of the tools I carry is a small 12V battery...hook one (or other 12V source) to the motor leads (reverse if necessary) and raise it back up for now.
Interesting idea. Do you know where the motor for this "Entertainment TV" is?
Old 05-27-2019, 08:22 PM   #5

Out side TV

Hello, Is your TV in the front slide on the curb side ? Do you have a couch with a window in back of it in the front corner of that slide ? If you do is there a stone slab aprox 8 inches wide and the full length of the couch between the back of couch & inside wall ? If so you can raise the slab it is held with hooks like on your closet doors, and motor is there. We just had the same problem & I think we have same coach
Old 05-27-2019, 08:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerman View Post
Hello, Is your TV in the front slide on the curb side ? Do you have a couch with a window in back of it in the front corner of that slide ? If you do is there a stone slab aprox 8 inches wide and the full length of the couch between the back of couch & inside wall ? If so you can raise the slab it is held with hooks like on your closet doors, and motor is there. We just had the same problem & I think we have same coach
"Is your TV in the front slide on the curb (passenger's) side?" Yes.

What is a "stone slab?"
Old 05-27-2019, 08:42 PM   #7

Sounds like a bad breaker, change it out and see what happens.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:58 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
When a breaker kicks off, you can't just lift it to reset it. You have to push it down hard, to reset, then turn it on. Eddie Elk.
1998 Pace Arrow Vision 36' w/460, '03 Honda CRV, FMCA #388823, Gateway Getaways RV Club
eddieelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2019, 05:36 AM   #9

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
"Is your TV in the front slide on the curb (passenger's) side?" Yes.

What is a "stone slab?"
The "stone slab" is the piece of Corian under your window (like a window sill)behind the couch. Pry it up. The catches will release and you should be able to remove it. When I purchased my coach, the TV Slide Assembly was in the basement. I'm not sure that I have all of the pieces to it. If you or some other person could post a pic of the assembly, I might be able to figure out how to remount a TV in there again.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:08 AM   #10

T V

Hello Again It's like dverstra said when you lift the window sill up you will see the hole thing. Electric plug and motor J believe you can unplog motor and hook to ext. cord and should work. I found my problem so not sure when you plug in motor if it wjll power switch. BTW is your switch on door post left side as you enter
Old 05-28-2019, 10:19 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstra View Post
The "stone slab" is the piece of Corian under your window (like a window sill)behind the couch. Pry it up. The catches will release and you should be able to remove it. When I purchased my coach, the TV Slide Assembly was in the basement. I'm not sure that I have all of the pieces to it. If you or some other person could post a pic of the assembly, I might be able to figure out how to remount a TV in there again.
" Pry it up." That sounds like a rather scary comment!!

"The catches will release..." So is it held on my catches/latches similar to what we have on the door to our cabinets? Does it have a hinge at the back or does it simple lift off completely?
Old 05-28-2019, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerman View Post
Hello Again It's like dverstra said when you lift the window sill up you will see the hole thing. Electric plug and motor J believe you can unplog motor and hook to ext. cord and should work. I found my problem so not sure when you plug in motor if it wjll power switch. BTW is your switch on door post left side as you enter
"BTW is your switch on door post left side as you enter" The "switch" for the Entertainment TV is in the basement door immediately next to the switch for the power basement storage slide on the passenger's side.
Old 05-29-2019, 11:40 AM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just For Fun View Post
" Pry it up." That sounds like a rather scary comment!!

"The catches will release..." So is it held on my catches/latches similar to what we have on the door to our cabinets? Does it have a hinge at the back or does it simple lift off completely?
I agree. It was a scary moment for me also. Mine did not have a hinge on the back. Just the catches similar to the ones on the cabinets (I think). It is in for its annual service right now or I would lift it up and take a picture of it for you. I think that I inserted a flat screwdriver at one end and carefully rotated the screwdriver to pry up to see where the catches were located.
Old 05-29-2019, 08:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstra View Post
I agree. It was a scary moment for me also. Mine did not have a hinge on the back. Just the catches similar to the ones on the cabinets (I think). It is in for its annual service right now or I would lift it up and take a picture of it for you. I think that I inserted a flat screwdriver at one end and carefully rotated the screwdriver to pry up to see where the catches were located.
"I inserted a flat screwdriver at one end and carefully rotated the screwdriver to pry up to see where the catches were located." Gutsey person you are!!!!

Tags
slide