RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2018, 09:20 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Pads under my Hydraulic levelers

I have a 2006 class A holiday rambler 42 foot diesel pusher with the tag axle. I have three hydraulic levelers two in the back and one in the front. I have tried putting pieces of 2 x 12 under the pads on gravel and such. The one I have in the front just has too much weight and has split the wood. Looking for a plastic version or anything else any advice.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6118.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	382.5 KB
ID:	210902

allbrand1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #2

Full time for 12 years and never used anything til the last year. I started using something at the request of parks, many of whom say pads must be used under jacks. I currently use snap pads with are permanent and attched to your jacks. They are great as you donít have to crawl under your rv. The only problem with them is that road debris ( road dirt, salt, snow etc) fills them up and will likely promote corrosion on your jack pads.

netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:33 AM   #3

Slickest thing I've ever seen for inexpensive, durable and eco conscious choice for ground pads is stall mat material. Its vertualy indestructible. You can get it at tractor supply and cut it with a sharp box knife. Even the smallest mat is very heavy as they're made of recycled tire rubber about 1- 1/2" thick. There's a guy on YouTube showing how to cut them. You can get enough out of one piece that you could probably split the cost with a friend and have more than enough for two or more vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbrand1999 View Post
I have a 2006 class A holiday rambler 42 foot diesel pusher with the tag axle. I have three hydraulic levelers two in the back and one in the front. I have tried putting pieces of 2 x 12 under the pads on gravel and such. The one I have in the front just has too much weight and has split the wood. Looking for a plastic version or anything else any advice.Attachment 210902
Slickest thing I've ever seen for inexpensive, durable and eco conscious choice for ground pads is stall mat material. Its vertualy indestructible. You can get it at tractor supply and cut it with a sharp box knife. Even the smallest mat is very heavy as they're made of recycled tire rubber about 1- 1/2" thick. There's a guy on YouTube showing how to cut them. You can get enough out of one piece that you could probably split the cost with a friend and have more than enough for two or more vehicles. Slickest thing I've ever seen for inexpensive, durable and eco conscious choice for ground pads is stall mat material. Its vertualy indestructible. You can get it at tractor supply and cut it with a sharp box knife. Even the smallest mat is very heavy as they're made of recycled tire rubber about 1- 1/2" thick. There's a guy on YouTube showing how to cut them. You can get enough out of one piece that you could probably split the cost with a friend and have more than enough for two or more vehicles.
AKA...Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:41 AM   #4

https://rvjackpads.com/?_ga=2.377483...676.1529354018

Very stout!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #5

I have these and they're awesome!

https://andersenhitches.com/Products...ack-block.aspx
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 09:48 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oderus View Post
Likely not strong enough?
netjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 10:34 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oderus View Post
Unless that is solid plastic it wonít hold up. That heavy coach on one front jack? Impressive, I worry about our 22,000 lb coach on 2 jacks.

We use 2x8 double stacked but we donít have the weight you have on that one jack. We use them because it seems every site slopes to the rear and our rear jacks arenít long enough. I am going the route of stall pads for places that require a pad of some sort. Iíve seen how smashed up the plastic pads that arenít smooth get. I can use the rest of the stall pad to knock down the mud in front of the steps when itís parked at home.
Old 07-14-2018, 10:38 AM   #8

Instead of 2 X 12 lumber, make some pads out of 3/4" or 1" plywood. You could glue and screw 2 peices of 12" X 12" together.
Tough as nails !
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Instead of 2 X 12 lumber, make some pads out of 3/4" or 1" plywood. You could glue and screw 2 peices of 12" X 12" together.
Tough as nails !
Good idea. Make sure itís marine plywood or you use lots of screws.
Old 07-14-2018, 11:09 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by netjam View Post
Likely not strong enough?
6000 lbs each is a lot. I use 4 and my 5er is 10,000 lbs max.
Oderus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 11:37 PM   #11
JVH

rvsnappad.com
https://youtu.be/Qw1onkogxvE
JVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 01:19 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
Tough as nails !

Took the words out of my mouth.

Don't know where I'm going, spose I'll get there anyway.
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:05 AM   #13

Allbrand I work for an ele Company we use and make pads out of 3 layers of plywood 2 pieces of 3/4 and 1 piece of 1/2 in they are 14x14 we glue them together and we put a rope handle on them and I use a small metal rod with a hook on the end to push them under and pull them out. They work great and they will never break. We only use reg plywood and never have had a problem with rotting and there used everyday. That being said if you go to a local lumbar yard you probably could also get cut offs of laminated wood beams and use them as well might be over kill but I used a 2/12 once and the front jack over a couple of hrs finally busted through and sunk into the ground scared the hell out of us cause we were sleeping.
Cdr151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:29 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbrand1999 View Post
I have a 2006 class A holiday rambler 42 foot diesel pusher with the tag axle. I have three hydraulic levelers two in the back and one in the front. I have tried putting pieces of 2 x 12 under the pads on gravel and such. The one I have in the front just has too much weight and has split the wood. Looking for a plastic version or anything else any advice.Attachment 210902

This is what I use on our 2016 43SG Monaco Diplomat. Theyíre Quality Plastics Utility Blocks and made by Quality Plastics CMI

https://prodacostore.com/Product/Details/B00PX1KITE

I use them for not only the jack pads but also for leveling the coach when needed. Theyíre stackable and take anything I throw at them.

LabDad2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hydraulic, levelers