Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Well here we are in Harrisburg contributing to the financial well being of Monaco Coach Corporation. I have to say this place is impressive my only regret is that I didn't come here while still under warranty....could of saved a bunch of money. These guys are very professional and know what they are doing.

Now.....for the good stuff. We have paid the so called "Troll Toll" and escaped unharmed. The troll is indeed an excellent cook...Sacs you lucky man. Momma..helped us acclimate here at the center...in fact it is easy to think that she is in charge here...in fact I think she is the official laundry monitor and no one can get the door open since she left.

MM's departure was quite a site. This was her first solo drive of any distance. There were Monaco employess lined up on either side of the road cheering....not sure if that was to wish her luck or make sure she was actually leaving. Nita and I followed MM from the service center to her campground in Eugene. She wanted me to ride with her but I said no way....I'm not that crazy.......naw J/k we needed to get her car back for her. She did very well on the country road as well as the freeway. I'm sure that the vet can save the two cows she hit on the country road and they are already fixing the bridge support on the freeway that she knocked down. I'm not sure what happened after the bridge because my car only goes up to 90 mph and I lost her.

Ok ok...you know I'm kidding she really did very well. We really enjoyed meeting her and we hope we will get to meet Sacs one of these days

Nute & Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2008, 04:12 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Well here we are in Harrisburg contributing to the financial well being of Monaco Coach Corporation. I have to say this place is impressive my only regret is that I didn't come here while still under warranty....could of saved a bunch of money. These guys are very professional and know what they are doing.

Now.....for the good stuff. We have paid the so called "Troll Toll" and escaped unharmed. The troll is indeed an excellent cook...Sacs you lucky man. Momma..helped us acclimate here at the center...in fact it is easy to think that she is in charge here...in fact I think she is the official laundry monitor and no one can get the door open since she left.

MM's departure was quite a site. This was her first solo drive of any distance. There were Monaco employess lined up on either side of the road cheering....not sure if that was to wish her luck or make sure she was actually leaving. Nita and I followed MM from the service center to her campground in Eugene. She wanted me to ride with her but I said no way....I'm not that crazy.......naw J/k we needed to get her car back for her. She did very well on the country road as well as the freeway. I'm sure that the vet can save the two cows she hit on the country road and they are already fixing the bridge support on the freeway that she knocked down. I'm not sure what happened after the bridge because my car only goes up to 90 mph and I lost her.

Ok ok...you know I'm kidding she really did very well. We really enjoyed meeting her and we hope we will get to meet Sacs one of these days

Nute & Steve
Old 03-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'm sure that the vet can save the two cows she hit on the country road and they are already fixing the bridge support on the freeway that she knocked down. I'm not sure what happened after the bridge because my car only goes up to 90 mph and I lost her. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>This story keeps getting better and better as you tell it.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There were Monaco employess lined up on either side of the road cheering....not sure if that was to wish her luck or make sure she was actually leaving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure that they were just making sure she missed the employee parking lot on the way out...And I guarantee you that after having her there for 5+ weeks, they were cheering because she finally left!!!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">they are already fixing the bridge support on the freeway that she knocked down. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Please tell me she did not take that new Satellite Dish off the roof when she went under I-5 at her exit...I told her to slow down for that darn bump!!!
Oh yeah, I understand that it only took 1/2 hour and help from the resort employees to get her back into her space at Deerwood RV Park
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I forgot to mention that I got a 20% discount on my bill for finally helping free up space 28 @ the service center and helping remove the P.O. Box that had mysteriously appeared there. My wife was sooooooo impressed with MM's driving skills that she took the driving class today. Please folks be careful out there!!
Old 03-18-2008, 06:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Deerwood RV Park did confirm that MM is a sound driver. They said while backing into her space she waited until she heard a sound.

OOPS! No more pixie dust for me.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 06:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I bet MM was on cloud nine today. And I bet it didn't take that long to park! I bet the resort employees were just looking on in awe, and thrilled that she had returned.

The next big achievement will be driving the MH to get fuel! I don't think MM has pulled that one off yet! Today I fueled twice (@ $4.23 and $4.15) and the first was at a Pilot where I made the mistake of driving into the car entrance. I just circled the pumps, everyone stayed put while I made my way around and through, then out onto the street and then into the truck entrance. No problemo!

MM -- You do have one up on me. I still cannot figure out how to open the sewer bay, much less hook up the hose and dump the tanks.

Sacs -- Today the song in my head was "Driving along in my automobile..." (although it is before my time.)

Mic, of
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I was absolutely amazed. I didn't know you could drive a 40' coach on the freeway with the slides out. Wow......talk about a Wide Load.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 11:04 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">MM's departure was quite a site. This was her first solo drive of any distance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh... go ahead and tell them the only other distance I had driven was around the Camp Monaco Campground loop that you can see here. Now mind you...the loop is just circling the the two middle rows of rigs in the campground!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 12:36 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Momma..helped us acclimate here at the center...in fact it is easy to think that she is in charge here...in fact I think she is the official laundry monitor and no one can get the door open since she left. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>OKay... let me show you the reason why I was the "official laundry monitor" ...

...Yep that's the Dip..right next to the laundryroom. You can also see I had a long distance to drive to get to the dump station!
(I did have to drive the loop to get back around to park though!)
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">There were Monaco employess lined up on either side of the road cheering ....not sure if that was to wish her luck or make sure she was actually leaving. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Steve...You didn't hear them say "Stand Guard...don't let any of the customers near her! " ... They were just making sure I did not run over any of their customers who still had to pay their bills!
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">She wanted me to ride with her but I said no way....I'm not that crazy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Aww Steve...come on admit it...we would have been competing with each other to see who could out-talk the other!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2008, 05:09 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">oh... go ahead and tell them the only other distance I had driven was around the Camp Monaco Campground loop that you can see here. Now mind you...the loop is just circling the the two middle rows of rigs in the campground! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mama I apologise for the omission of the loop drive around....I remember now...I had to wait an extra day to get an appointment with the paint department....seems they were overwhelmed with a sudden influx of estimate requests for scatches and scrapes on a bunch of coaches that were parked in the middle rows. Seems that the trail of devastation led back to the laundry area

Quote:
Aww Steve...come on admit it...we would have been competing with each other to see who could out-talk the other Quote:

MM....no way could I compete with you...I know when I'm out of my league, just ask Nita...The dog has more say than I do.

BTW does it ever stop raining up here.sheesh
Old 03-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
We have an appointment at the end of April, but when I told Monaco we wanted the paint department to look at some clear coat over-spray on the wheels and some over buffing in a small area, they truly did say they were booked in the paint department until June. Could it be what nutensteve says is true?
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">seems they were overwhelmed with a sudden influx of estimate requests for scatches and scrapes on a bunch of coaches that were parked in the middle rows. Seems that the trail of devastation led back to the laundry area </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah! Nope! Never! MM would never leave a trail of evidence behind.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:42 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
MM, Our dealer, Guaranty RV in Junction City, wants to handle all our little issues so we have moved our appointment up a week to April 21.

Will you please consult your personal social secretary to see if there is an opening available for us to visit? I'm hoping that you give a little discount on the toll to this MonacoSister. Fixed income, you know.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:02 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Rick & Mic
I was told the same thing when I got an estimate on fixing some front end scratches....booked thru June. MM sure buried that department....nah just having a little fun....actually trying to get back in MM's good graces again.

Be sure to take the factory tour when you are up there...well worth it.