Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2010, 08:17 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Paint code help 05 Safari Simba

I can't seem to find the paint code anywhere on my rig. Two stickers beside the driver's seat....nope. Thought there might be a build sheet stuck behind a cabinet door like in all my past TTs...nope. Website seems to be no help. I need the green code....just want to get some touch-up paint. (here's a pic if that helps...LOL)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	New rig 1.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	42.7 KB
ID:	3355   Click image for larger version

Name:	New rig 2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	3356  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2010, 08:28 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Dave,

Look under the driver's seat for a tag. Good luck.

dreamer.
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
My local auto paint shop said that I would end up with a better paint match if I just brought in a panel with that paint color so they would computer scan it and have a perfect match. I took the water heater panel in to them and ended up with a spray can of paint with a perfect match. Don't forget to top coat the paint with a clear coat.
(Never mind why I needed it).
Old 03-11-2010, 10:05 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logthumper View Post
(Never mind why I needed it).
Hahaha....bit of an oops?

Thanks for the tips. I will check under the seat and if no go...I'll take off the fridge panel or furnace panel and get a match-up.

I'll tell ya why I need it: when I brought the rig back from Colorado about a month ago, I hit huge wind outside of Denver that tore the slide topper on the drivers side. We gave it the "Red Green" treatment (duct tape) to get 'er home. As soon as I got home I gently pulled all the tape off, but it pealed the green off of the trim between the roof and the side panel. It's not super noticeable...but the rig looks pretty good and I want to keep it that way.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
HMXDave.....Monaco used a laquer base paint to paint your coach. Most states in the U.S. are no longer allowing laquer base paints. Monaco used Sherwin Williams paint and I tried to locate touch up paint. I had the numbers, but Sherwin Williams could only identify two of the three colors. It became pointless. Finally, I took my refer door to an automotive paint shop and had all three colors computer matched. It was much cheaper and faster.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 PM   #6

Why not give Monaco a call. I did for my 2008 Cayman and they sent me not only the color code but all the individual colors/qty to mix your own. The paint on my rig is made by Diamont
rcsoarer is offline   Reply With Quote