Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2009, 11:18 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe we could start a "Sticky" of numbers for vendors who have parts we need.

SEA - Shower Enclosures of America 800-536-7324 ext 3110.
Shower door (Entire door) for '08 Diplomat SFT is 200-68-RDSA. There are only two types of rollers: Straight and hinged.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:56 AM   #2

Bud

When we get parts, whatever it is let's use something to give name of part, vendor name and contact and a phone no/email address...We all have to help each other...and I know we all will. The friends I have made on this site will all help me with whatever part I may happen to try and track down.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I like this idea a lot and here is a thought that may add to this good idea:

I think that a small database module added to this IRV2 web site could help us all. I am thinking for locating parts and maybe also for problem shooting topics.

You can find a lot of information just by searching in the forum, but this is not really an effeciant way to get information, and certainly not as efficient as a propor database.

I am not sure who owns this site today and if the owner would consider this, but what I do know is that database modules (even a small one that would be needed for this purpose) is not free to implement. I, for one, would be prepared to pay a small fee to get acces to such a database if this is what it takes to establish this kind of service. I do appreciate that user fee's are a delicate matter among many users, but I think that a database would solve a lot of problems for most everybody - especially if Monaco stops their sourse of supply.

Think about it, and MM - do you think the owners would consider such an addition? I am sure you know who to ask.

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Rex has started putting together a PDF file on the Monaco parts, its up to 85 pages now and available on the MONACOERS and MCOA sites on Yahoo in the file section, also if anyone has anything to add Rex wants them to contact him. I wont leave his email I will leave that up to him, he does post on this site as Rex 01 dip Foley AL.

Walt
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:48 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My concern is that, God forbid, Monaco goes completely under, we'll still need parts.

When I got my MH back from the dealer, one of the shower door rollers on the bottom was broken and the entire plastic roller part was missing.

On calling Monaco, they gave me the information that I posted. I'm afraid, however, that it is going to be much harder to reach someone at Monaco in the near future.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:51 PM   #6

even when monaco closes for good there are still the vendors to turn to (the ones that survive loosing monaco that is)... most of the vendors are very helpful and willing to get you taken care of... if there are things you need for your coach I would not wait around to get them as it just may be too late....its very unfortunate for everyone involved
PintailRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:11 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Rex has the right idea. Getting a list of parts and suppliers together and published is important. As long as you can get the correct parts easily you can keep them running, when it becomes difficult to tell what the correct part should be nobody will want them.

As an example besides the Dynasty I also own a 1978 GMC Motorhome which GM will barely admit they ever made. The GMC Motorhome International club publishes a Parts interchange list every year to enable owners to find parts to keep them on the road. Because of this (and everybody helping each other) 8,000 or so of the original 13,000 are still on the road.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:08 PM   #8

there are big distribution companies such as NTP & coast that already have parts lists for most manufactures.... all parts will still be aval. at most service centers that service class A coaches....
PintailRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #9

my biggest concern at the moment until i come up with a couple of hundred more is the possible replacement of front and rear caps. i know side skin and roof is just a gitter done vern kinda thing but a front cap could be quite a struggle to fabricate for even some of the best body people. after hearing this news the old brain is smokin! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally posted by BudtheDiplomat:
Maybe we could start a "Sticky" of numbers for vendors who have parts we need.

SEA - Shower Enclosures of America 800-536-7324 ext 3110.
Shower door (Entire door) for '08 Diplomat SFT is 200-68-RDSA. There are only two types of rollers: Straight and hinged.
Bud this is an excellent idea. Monaco owners need to get as much information as possible. The National RV owner’s forum on yahoo is the repository for the information supplied by owners. Yahoo enables the users to upload files within the forum web site.

While you may not get everything, I would start with bits and pieces, woods, cabinet makers, mold makers, hardware. You get the idea.

Sorry Rex, missed your comments in my rush.

Do what works.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #11

The front/rear caps are indeed a problem replacing, but they are fiberglass and I have seen boats repaired and you could not tell they were ever damaged. I think we could also get some possible help from the fiberglass shower/tub enclosure folks. They are going to be looking for work to replace the shower units that were being sold to the MH mfgs. It would also be nice if we had a injection molding firm that could make a cap that did not break when it was hit or chip when a rock hits it. The break down of Monaco and others MH mfgs. will make opportunities for others. The listing of part suppliers will be a great source for all of us.
Oh-one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:52 PM   #12

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Oh-one, I was talking to "The Paint Department", Chino CA, they assured me any fiberglass shop worth being in business can repair an almost destroyed front/rear cap or compartment door. The job is easier if the customer saves as many of the pieces as possible.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Hey guys, sorry I didn’t get here sooner. I have already started a Parts List and have it in PDF form. It will be updated as new information becomes available.

The list is in the files section of the Monacoers Yahoo message board and is some 85 pages and growing.
< http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/...p/Monacoers/messages >

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/...p/Monacoers/messages

Please send your information, part numbers, sources, phone numbers or what ever you have that you wish to be in the list. Send it to rbdtanasi @ yahoo.com (remove the extra spaces) and I will add it.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Rex Darley 01 Diplomat Foley, AL

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:07 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rex...the only problem I see with accessing your list is that you have to be part of the group to access it. Is ther eanother way to folks to access it besides there?

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote