RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2007, 05:10 AM   #15
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Mama, there are no "Off Topics" in any thread I start. Just drag up a chair, git you a good chew and a spit cup and let'er rip.

The Ducks are doing good!

Geaux Ducks!

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2007, 06:44 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The Ducks are doing good! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bama...Do ya think!!!
Geaux Ducks!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 10:22 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, well. When there's no topic in the topic to announce the topic, I guess that doesn't mean there's any way the topic could get off-topic, topically-speaking. So let 'er rip.

I can certainly attest to the feelings 'Bama must be having, what with us down here in Central Florida right now, enjoying 82F, light breeze and no-clouds. I'll raise a cool one to ya, dude.

Wasn't all smiles getting here, tho. We'd planned to stop in LA (that's Lower Alabama) Gulf State Park for some Lambert's Throwed-Rolls, Billy's Shrimp and LuLu's Restaurant (that's Jimmy Buffett's sister, BTW) before working our latest trade-show in Orlando when Phoenix (our German Shepherd) decided to change the plan on us. There was signs all over about messing with alligators but not a one about Water Moccasins, so we ended up infusing some major capital into the local economy with 24-hr emergency vet-treatment, antivenin, etc. All's well now, but a few scary moments for awhile. Love the Park, but beware.

Sorry, never followed football that much. I always had the same luck as in Las Vegas: bet the opposite of what I do, and you'll get rich. But set and will chew-the-fat with y'all for awhile.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:35 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Ron,
Sorry to hear about you pooch but happy all is well. Man, I hate water Moccasins. Very ill tempered and very aggressive. We live on a lake in East Texas (Tyler) and have more than once "popped a cap" in one. We had one try to crawl in the boat but an oar took care of him.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 03:52 PM   #19
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry to hear about the snake bite. Hope he is OK.

I agree sixpack, poppin a cap on a moccasin is very rewarding.
Old 11-04-2007, 04:08 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
"Geaux Ducks"... I get it!

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 04:19 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RonNBama:
....is this thing on? OK people, you need to get out there and go camping. I cannot live vicariously through discussions of technical repairs, interior redecorating and engine oil drips. I need to smell the campfire smoke. I need to see the scenery. I need to feel the coach rolling down that 5% with the PacBrake holding her at speed. Go Forth and Camp my

children! Tell me of your adventures so I may slave a little longer keeping your International Space Station in orbit and the toilets in building 4732 unclogged (I have a wide range of responsibilities). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speaking of camping, its a cool 45 degrees here this morning in Cordele, Ga at the beautiful Georgia Veterans SP. Nestled in a large campsite back right up to Lake Blackshear. A roaring campfire daily , lots of shade and beautiful weather.There is golf course on the property, lots of fishing. Sorry no 5% grades tho.
Our next destination this weekend is in your neck of the woods, a quick trip for a Sat. wedding and back on the road. Hope you dont slave to hard.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 AM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">before working our latest trade-show in Orlando </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Ronboc...what are you selling at these trade shows?

Hope Phoenix continues to mend ...I am sure either one of my two dogs would have been dead from the bite in short order. Guess I will have to find out where the vets are when making reservations down south...

Old 11-05-2007, 03:30 PM   #23
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
Hey crudeman, that sounds like my kind of camping. No golf for me, well, perhaps around hole 19...

We were going to try for a site at Desoto SP this weekend, but it's full already. Backup is Guntersville SP. I'll take the RV and critters over early Friday to secure a good spot and TOWMBO will drive the toad over after she gets off work. I'm pacing myself with frequent coffee breaks, walking inspection of facilities and basic procrastinating and wandering aimlessly about to make sure I can last the week.

Where's the wedding?
Old 11-05-2007, 04:51 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
lol...Ron I am not sure where the wedding is at except in Huntsville. Guess I should ask huh?
Yep Desoto SP always seems to stay full on the weekends. We will be at Point Mallard Park in Decatur.
Oh if ya'll ever get the time drive on down to Georgia Vets SP, and take the Sam Shortline excursion train ride sometime. Its really a enjoyable trip and a nice park. Enjoy your camping weekend.

06 HR PDQ 40'
crudeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:35 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Mama,
Don't ask the question unless you can stand the answer. I have it on good authority that Ron has watched every Cheech and Chong movie.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 05:39 PM   #26
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club

ROTFLMAO....
Old 11-05-2007, 08:14 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
We are planning a long weekend to the Sedona area to escape the 85-90 temps near Phoenix, heading north where it's supposed to be in the cool 70's. Lot's of peace and quiet and getting to know our motorhome better.

Got the coach back from our "new" dealer (Robert Crist & Co RV) and took it last weekend to Apache Junction for a shake-down. We're really happy with their service. Only one, well maybe two, issues remaining. We have hope that all will be resolved (still under warranty) and will probably post later asking for advice on these known issues.

Anyway, we're looking forward to a long restful weekend in the beautiful red rock area. We'll have a cold one as we grill the steaks, and think of you, RonNBama.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #28
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
WAAAAAA...my post I typed out disappeared... but I am tired enough that I am NOT going to repost tonight!
Good Night ya'll!!