RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2007, 04:37 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
When on the road I use the onboard compressor. It will pump to 120psi. I have a 50' air hose that takes up little room and use the saved space for adult beverages.

2005 Monaco Knight
Richard Pelletier is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2007, 05:05 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Richard...I have never used the on board compressor, as I was told it was inadequate. I will try it out....

teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 06:37 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I do the same Richard, only I have my air governor to set for 125#, not to slow for me but I generally dont need but a couple pounds if any in each tire.

Walt
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:32 PM   #18

I'm using my Porter Cable pancake style that I bought with my framing nailer. I keep it plugged in a middle bay. Can reach all 6 tires and with one of those coil plastic hoses added to the main one I can reach the rear tires on my dolly toad.
Turrable Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 12:56 PM   #19

Home Depot is now selling small pancake style "kit" with brad nailer for agout $49.00.
Outfitted mine with a "lock on" hock so I can stand away from tire while inflating, and don't have to squat for extended period. Mine pumps to about 100 psi which is fine since I only run 90 in my 19.5's.
Dave Phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #20

For what its worth. I use my on board compressor and it works fairly fast up the the 110# I use. That said. The first time I used the system I could have made two pots of coffee trying to get a few pounds in the tires. Found out that I had a bad air chuck. Bought a trucker style air chuck and haven't had a problem since.

Yet another Ron

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Ron:
I was originally told the on board system was inadequate, but though these postings, I find that many find it works fine, soooo, I will try it out before I go buy something.
thanks for the feedback.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:15 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
There is a 12 volt mini compressor being sold at Costco that claims to inflate large tires to 120 lbs. I was wondering if anyone had checked it out
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:21 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> There is a 12 volt mini compressor being sold at Costco that claims to inflate large tires to 120 lbs </div></BLOCKQUOTE>We returned it!!! It did not work well at all.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
JC2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
A lot of people have bought this one from Sears and like it. It runs on AC so it if your were on the road and needed it, you would have to fire up the genny and plug it in. I plan on buying one the next time they are on sale.
http://www.hollawayhome.com/RV%20Stu...Compressor.htm
Old 08-02-2007, 04:32 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks that just saved me 50 bucks and a return to Costco. I guess I will just continue to use the onboard compressor it works fine. I just seem to need air when I am up on jacks and have dumped the air. Oh Well
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry, got lost there for awhile when we all stopped for Margaritas.

I'm thinking it's not the pressure so much that we're after for these big roadway-abrasion protectors and noise-abatement devices (aka 'tires') as the cubic-feet-per-minute, or CFM, ratings. It must put out a high-pressure as well as high-volume air. The way I see it, suppose I had a compressor that could pump to 500 psi, but could only do it a tiny amount of volume. That would be essentially useless, because our tires do have a lot of internal volume - as well as a relatively-high pressure.

Similar example would be our water-pressure regulators... Most are set at the typical 45-50 psi but what if it only provided 2cfm of water? You could get soapy, but it would take forever to rinse-off.

Or is this all a buncha hot-air? (get it? hot AIR? huh?)

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Or is this all a buncha hot-air? (get it? hot AIR? huh?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
.. ...like you being full hot air!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 08:10 AM   #28

Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
I just bought and returned a Sears compressor model 25310, which was supposed to go up to 135#. Problem is, it wouldn't top about 119#, so no flow into my tires which are to be set at 115#. I didn't find the Sears model shown earlier in this thread. Does anyone else have any other solutions. BTW.....The on-board compressor won't do the trick, either.

slabman is offline   Reply With Quote