RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Want to buy a portable air compressor to check and inflate the MH tires....any recommendations.

teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2007, 06:03 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Want to buy a portable air compressor to check and inflate the MH tires....any recommendations.

Old 07-03-2007, 07:49 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bruce,
I will look to see which one we had when I get home this weekend...and let you know. I do know we got one before that we would NOT reccommend also...
I talked to SacsTC a bit ago and the power had gone off at the house- so I am not sure he will come back online before tomorrow...maybe he can chome in before I get home

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Mama: Thanks. I appreciate that.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:43 PM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Bruce....I bought the Sears 120 volt compressor. It was recommended by several posters on another site. It's backpack size and will pump to 125 psi. I tried it on my coach and it inflates about a pound every 13-15 seconds at 90 psi.

It's more powerful because it's 120 volt instead of 12 volt. On my coach, I can plug it into the storage bay outlet and reach all 6 tires with the supplied hose and cord. It has a clip on inflator and built in gauge that's fairly accurate.

I bought it in the automotive section at Sears. I think it was about $90.00. I'm very happy with it.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:41 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I bought my air-compressor from a Holiday-Rambler dealer about two years ago, and it came with a free motorhome (was a very expensive compressor, tho).

Are you looking for something besides the built-in compressor? I got 2 of those plastic coily-hoses (plus an assortment of fittings) for mine, and can reach all 6 tires and more.

Admittedly, it (and any others that pump to 110-125 psi) will take a while to fill a tire, but they do work well. To fill much faster, one would have to go to a professional model with a lot more capacity and pressure.

HTH

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Ronboc:
Yes, I have not used the built in, but was told you can grow old trying to add air with it. I thought a powerful portable would be a better option?????
Old 07-04-2007, 11:58 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Good point, Bruce. I haven't tried my big garage-compressor on the tires on this coach, but assumed they'd be similar to when I was trying to air-up my old coach-tires (it had 19.5's and a bit less pressure). Still had time to make a pot of coffee while waiting.

I'd be very interested to hear what you come up with as a better solution (besides, I drink too much coffee as it is).

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:08 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Mama said they have one that works well....after she's done with the pitchers of Margaritas, if she's still standing, she may share the name with me
Old 07-04-2007, 01:14 PM   #10
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
CLICK HERE to see the 150 psi compressor I use.

It works well considering my front tires carry 110 psi.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 01:29 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Dirk.....
Old 07-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey...I'm NOT home so I can't check till Saturday....BUT these Margaritas sure hit the spot! I will remember to check on Saturday ...not that I will remember after today-but becasue I made a note to check it when I get home!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:14 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like another victim of the dreaded "CRS" syndrome....I have it toooooo. Have a great 4th!!!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:05 PM   #14

I'm using my Porter Cable 110V pancake style compressor that I got with my nail guns. I have it in a middle bay and can reach all 6 tires easily. With a plastic coil extension, I can go all the way back to the rear tires on my toad.

Turrable Terry is offline   Reply With Quote