RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Mama. Do you have a favorite campground around Portland? Best would be west of town a little, We want to visit the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Museum. From there we will be going to Longview, WA then east to Yellowstone. This wont happen until spring.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:20 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hey Mama. Do you have a favorite campground around Portland? Best would be west of town a little, We want to visit the Spruce Goose at the Evergreen Museum. From there we will be going to Longview, WA then east to Yellowstone. This wont happen until spring.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 01-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Where is Mama or SacTC? Hope they are ok

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 01-05-2008, 08:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Sixpack98...
we are fine...the biggest problem here is that I STILL WORK!! ..and when Sacs is here... my attentions go elsewhere FIRST before the board when I get back home to the rig!(Please don't tell rebelsbeach...He may think I am not paying enough attention to the forum during that time! )

Ok....you want to see the Spruce Goose...I know Pacific Shores (over on the coast) is about 2 hours away. I am going to tell you that I am new to here so I am going to find info that folks like Garbageman and Gordon has posted, and lump that info together for you. They have been up here sooo long and I am sure they know the primo spots for that area. Give me a week ...and what no one chimes in with .. I will have found and gathered for you!
I do know I loved the coast and the drive along it ... so make sure you have a day you can take off in the toad to enjoy that spectacular sight all along the Northern coast!
Will watch this post and come up with more info soon for you!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:50 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Mama. We will be spending about a week in the area.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 01-06-2008, 07:43 AM   #6

You will find a campground in McMinnville OR and it is beautiful. It is right next door to the museum that holds the Spruce Goose. We stayed there for a week last summer and it was one of the nicest parks around. The name of the park is Olde Stone Village, I do not think you will be sorry. Make reservations as soon as you can, they fill up quickly.

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Whippetmom..
Welcome to iRV2!! I love to see the first post of someone that has the info someone is asking for! I hope you continue to post often here on the forum...it certainly looks like you will be able to contribute a lot!

I am sure you can tell this forum is the best one on the web for RVers looking for help...and looking to help...
Please continmue to participate ... and once you are familiar with the site... you may also want to edit your profile and put the type of RV you have ...
Again...welcome to iRV2!!

MM

Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Whippetmom,
Thank you for the tip on Olde Stone Village, I appreciate it.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 01-06-2008, 01:58 PM   #9

Thank you MonacoMama, we live in southwest WA so we do like to get down to Oregon during the summer. Since we have a HR Endeavor we know all about the Harrisburg OR Monaco service facility and have also been to the park you are at now, and really liked that one also, very nice park and people.
Sixpack98:
Since you will be going to Longview, if you need a nice park around there, I can recommend Brookhollow RV Park in Kelso, WA. I certainly hope you enjoy your stay in Washington, it is a nice state, and if you look hard enough you can find quite a few things to do here.

Old 01-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Thanks Whippetmom. My Mom's side of the family is from Longview/Kelso/Castle Rock. I was born in Longivew and thanks for the tip on the RV park in Kelso.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Old 01-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
When we were in Portland just a few weeks ago, we stayed at a very nice park in Willsonville, OR...Pheasant Ridge.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:43 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">we live in southwest WA so we do like to get down to Oregon during the summer. Since we have a HR Endeavor </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Whippetmom...Ok.. I now have one more invitation...please allow me to add "Monaco Owners Forum Member" under your Whippetmom log in signature on the left side. I would certainly be pleased to have you join this crazy family of Monaco Owners...(Ok I may be the only crazy one... but they have allowed me to stay...so now I lump them with me! )

Anyway...please give me a holler anytime you are down this way... and if you read the "Troll" pposts here..then you will know where to find me!

MM

Old 01-07-2008, 05:38 AM   #13

Hi MM;
Please do your majic and add "Monaco Owners Forum Member" under my login. I will be down there sometime this summer I am sure, so we will look you up and pay the Toll Troll. I have been lurking on here for quite awhile, so I know there are some wonderful CRAZY people on this forum. Now I know I will fit in !!!! I am also looking to see how to make your wonderful Chicken Strips, I hope it is not a secret recipe.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:15 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
A and an extra little and now you have your Monaco moniker!!
The chicken strips recipe is around on this board somewhere I think...I will search for it and find it ...or post it in the Cook's section down below this week...and I am soooo glad we have found another "one" that I will fit in with!!
Welcome aboard, my new friend...I look forward to the day you pay the toll!

MM