Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2009, 05:43 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Exclamation Possible Elect Problem???

For anyone who has the newer EMS system by Intellitec.

If I turn off the breaker at the main breaker box Labeled "Front A/C", the Intellitec EMS panel goes nuts. You can hear it trying to set up its load properly and all the lights flash as it goes through its routine over and over again. If I turn off the breaker Labeled "Rear A/C", it does not react at all.
Does anyone elses system do this?? Just happened upon this as a closet door that was off track happened to turn off some breakers.
Lets see, Robin, Luke, Bud..I know you guys have the same set-up, and so do many others I am sure.
Any answers out there?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hi SacsTC,
On my EMS I know that I have to have the washer dryer CB on or nothing works. I have also found that sometimes when switching from Gen to Shore the EMS gets lost. The fix is to remove the CB panel cover and put the fuse out of the EMS unit. This resets everything and all is well again. Hope this helps. I just checked and when I flip off the front AC CB all the relays on the EMS cycle and they cycle again when I turn it back on. When I turn the rear AC CB off and back on there is no relay action. Are you asking because something is not working right or just want to know why the relays cycle.

itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:29 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
I just checked and when I flip off the front AC CB all the relays on the EMS cycle and they cycle again when I turn it back on. When I turn the rear AC CB off and back on there is no relay action. Are you asking because something is not working right or just want to know why the relays cycle
I am trying to figure out why the Front AC breaker would cause the EMS to cycle continuously when the rear does not have the same effect. I would think both should have the same reaction from the panel???
Everything appears to be operating properly or at least as it always did. Don't know what it is supposed to do.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We had a similar problem and it drove me nuts. I finally disconnected the shore power and reconnected after about two minutes-everything back to normal. The problem has not returned in the last two months??????
Old 04-10-2009, 09:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
SacsTC;

I haven't tried any breakers. Was the front air on when you flipped the breaker? Were you connected to shore power or was the gen set running?

What was up that you were testing the breaker?
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:46 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Was the front air on when you flipped the breaker
No...
Quote:
Were you connected to shore power
Yes I am...At the moment, I am connect to 30 amp service
Quote:
What was up that you were testing the breaker?
Accidently hit the breaker while working back in the area. Both HP's were on and running. When front breaker was tripped, the rear HP shut off. Reset units and tried it with the rear breaker, rear HP shut down just as you would expect it to do. Front continued running as expected. This was with generator power.
Today, was back there again re-aligning closet door that keeps jumping out of track and remembered this unusual action and decided to turn off Front AC breaker to see what happened. Nothing was running, just should have turned off power to unit. Instead, the EMS continually tries to go through its start-up routine. This is what I believe happened when I accidently hit breaker the other day, but with noise at the time could not tell.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Sacs,
This has nothing to do with your electrical question. Did you notice on your mirrored closet doors that there is a stop to prevent it jumping of the track? If you look from the inside at the top (not easy to do) there is an adjustable stop next to the roller that you can move up to prevent the roller from jumping off the track. I had to do that on mine.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:45 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutensteve View Post
Sacs,
This has nothing to do with your electrical question. Did you notice on your mirrored closet doors that there is a stop to prevent it jumping of the track? If you look from the inside at the top (not easy to do) there is an adjustable stop next to the roller that you can move up to prevent the roller from jumping off the track. I had to do that on mine.
Yes, I did. I never had looked at how they were mounted before since "Monaco techs had been taking care of it" One of them had broken in two pieces, so I got out the Super Glue Gel, put it back together and adjusted the rollers and stops correctly. We'll see if it holds now.
Thanks for responding Steve
Ron

But I wish someone would just go out to their coach and turn off the breaker for the Front AC and see if their EMS goes nuts like mine does
Old 04-11-2009, 12:00 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Sacs,

I've got 30a power where the Dip is stored. I want to get over there in the next few days to finish up my cellular data setup (similar to yours). While I'm there, I'll try what you did and see what happens in my coach.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Sacs,
Turned on front AC and let it run for a few minutes then flipped the breaker. No change on the EMS readout....all normal. I am hooked to 50 amp shore power.

Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:06 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
Sacs,

I've got 30a power where the Dip is stored. I want to get over there in the next few days to finish up my cellular data setup (similar to yours). While I'm there, I'll try what you did and see what happens in my coach.
Thanks Robin, Everything works as is, but if for some reason I had to turn off front AC Breaker, I would have to shut down entire coach and this does not seem like something I would expect out of ANY elect supply I have ever seen
I saw your pics of the data setup you are doing. The only diff is the smaller antenna. Beck had already bought all the stuff while she was up here in OR. We did not have to drill an extra hole in our roof by doing it the way we did, but could not seem to route the antenna wire forward to the front cabinet. Thats why it got put in the side over the passenger.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:56 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacsTC View Post
Thanks Robin, Everything works as is, but if for some reason I had to turn off front AC Breaker, I would have to shut down entire coach and this does not seem like something I would expect out of ANY elect supply I have ever seen
I saw your pics of the data setup you are doing. The only diff is the smaller antenna.
I suspect that the Inellitic EMC and breaker panel are tied together in ways that we can't begin to conceptually understand. Does seem odd, but my guess is that there are probably some cost saving shortcuts in the circuitry that enable it to work properly only when all the breakers are on.

We both have the same Wilson Trucker cellular antenna - just mounted differently. I had the dealer mount the antenna, as I don't have the tools needed and didn't want to drill through the roof into the front cabinet. He trimed a bit of the plastic/rubber cone off the base so the antenna does look shorter. That's fine with me, as less chance getting it hung up on tree branches. I cut a hole in the side of the cabinet to get to the TV recepticle. Plugged in the power strip and then brought the TV cord back through the hole and plugged that into the power strip. I'll post a complete write-up with pix when the job is finished. Still have to install the booster amp.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutensteve View Post
Sacs,
Turned on front AC and let it run for a few minutes then flipped the breaker. No change on the EMS readout....all normal. I am hooked to 50 amp shore power.

Steve
Thanks Steve,
I am hooked to 30 at this site, but I don't think there would be a difference. Yours does what I would expect it to do. In short, turn off power to the AC/HP and not bother anything else.
My HP is turned off at the control panel and if I go flip off the breaker, it constantly flashes all the lights on the power status bar. (Approx 10-15 times maybe more. Long enough for me to listen to it and then move from the rear of the coach up to see what is happening at the panel.) It then shows no lights and stops flashing, but at this point, does not show what the incoming power supply is.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I read your initial post this AM before going to my coach that is in storage to replace the windshield curtain. When I got there, the generator would not start. I had the 12 volt switch at the front door off. When I turned it on, it still did not work. I tried it several times and it finally worked.

Started the generator and my wife went to the back of the coach and noticed that the EMS was going nuts. I shut off everything and started it all back up and it still did it. I shut everything down the second time and turned everything back on and it worked.

I think it could have something to do with the 12 volt and maybe the switch. How ironic that mine did it after reading your post. Maybe it's psychic!