Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Power Awning Prewire

I'm planning to change my manual CoC awning to an electric Travelr and would like to know if any other HR owners have done this. My front fuse panel has a 15A labeled for a Pwr Awning and was hoping there might be a pre-wire run over to the curbside wall. I got my hopes up for things like this when I learned from another member that the roof was pre-wired for a satellite receiver. That made the install much easier. I searched for this to no avail, so thought I'd ask. TIA
garyschuetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 05:50 AM   #2

Gary-

Can't say for sure, but our 2008 appears to have the wiring for a power awning switch. Look inside the sink cabinet, the forward outside corner. Another way to get to the wiring is by removing the switch plates on the cabinet exterior, to the left of the entry door.

I have no idea of how to get to the wiring from the switch to the awning. It probably has a connector, buried in the wall behind the cabinet over the sink. The exterior light wiring follows the same path, I think.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:46 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
THX Mark. The wires going up to the porch light are a good suggestion. I'll use my tracer tool with a tone on the wires to see if one of them are there. Hope they did and this will be fun.
Old 11-14-2019, 10:21 AM   #4

Gary-

Drawing attached- may or may not apply to your coach.

The reason I say our coach (and maybe yours) could be prewired is because in that bundle of wires under the sink are some fairly large gauge wires (10 or 12 AWG), attached to some unused connectors. There aren't many calls for that much current in that area, except for a motor- such as an awning would take.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 38091371_A_(DIAGRAM, AWNIN.pdf (112.1 KB, 16 views)
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:58 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Your diagram is very useful showing where Monaco put the dash switches, connectors and the roof harness / connector. i did note that your 2008 diag shows the floor harness F-415 which corresponds to my fwd basement fuse panel relay C415(F) labeled for a 15A fuse #59 for a POWER AWNING. good place for me to put my wire tracer signal and then go searching behind the dash panel. I know there a bunch of open ended connectors in there, so this is a good start. From there it may lead me to the roof bundle / connector.

Where in the world did you get that diagram for your mh? I'm a diy'er and would go to some effort to get the diagrams for my 2005 HR Admiral-se 37 PCT. THX again Mark

Tags
awning, power