Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2016, 05:17 PM   #1
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
Power Gear Jacks will not retract

We have a 2006 Camelot 40 PDQ (1 day new to us) I thought I would level it and check all fluids, etc. Coach is in street in front of house.

I used Auto Level and it seemed to be working. All 3 jacks lowered to ground, front (which was low) came up and it appeared to be level front to back but leaning to the curb, but then curbside rear continued up, farther than needed.

The street side rear is slightly raised but not enough. Both curbside wheels are off the ground! which suprised me. Especially when I saw the right rear off the ground.

Jacks will NOT retract. Fuses seem OK, and no oil leaking.

Front light blinks and left light solid

Control panel seems OK, but no buttons do anything except power up.

http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...g-82-L0502.pdf

But these jacks are the larger round cylinders and no retraction springs.

I found the right manual, and learned of MOVs but these do not allow any retraction.

I suspect the front jack may be overextended or the piston is binding in the cylinder and that the problem was caused by the left rear jack not operating

Is there some reset function not in the manual?

Thanx in advance!

Rich and Lyn

2006 Camelot 40 PDQ looking for a toad

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #2

I keep a 5' 2x4 for such emergencies. Works better than a jack for a little assistance. I have had the problem with power gear and then w/ HWH. The HWH turned out to be the jack. I replaced it and no more issue.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:48 PM   #3
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
Are you suggesting I nudge teh front jack a bit?

I have jacked up (floor jack) the street side rear lowest of all 3 and see the jack is not on the ground now, so I added fluid, but still no go.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:18 PM   #4

I keep a 7ft piece of pipe just for that.. If the retract system shuts down they will not move no matter how hard you try to physicaly raise them.. Hit the retract button and hustle out and then pry them up with pipe.. I hope to get mine fixed under my extended warranty this winter in Tucson, where I purchased the coach.
HR2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 06:33 PM   #5
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
To Clarify: The front and rear passenger side tires are off the ground! No prying needed. The driver rear jack is not exerting pressure on the street.

It's like maybe some valve is plugged such that the oil can not flow back into the tank?

I have disconnected most electrical and reconnected and retried.

Front light still blinks and left light on solid.

Seems like the system needs to be calibrated, but I need to get the coach back on the ground!
Old 11-04-2016, 10:22 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, I had the same problem this past summer. I called a Mobile RV guy and here's what he did to raise the jacks. He called Power Gear customer service and they walked him through how to raise the jacks and I watched how he did it. (I'm writing this from memory, ya know how that goes)

Open the doors to were the pump is located.
I saw 3 round knobs on the side of the pump, he turned them counterclockwise, then he found 3 round cylinders on top of the pump (I think there was a wire attached to each cylinder, if so pull them off) he inserted a slim screwdriver type rod down into the top of each cylinder and as he pushed down, the jack associated with that cylinder came up. He did all 3 cylinders like this and all 3 jacks came up to where they belong. I hope this is of some help to you, call Power Gear customer service and I'm sure they can walk you through this procedure. It only took about 4 to 5 minutes to complete this procedure. Good Luck!
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 10:41 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Do you have house 12v power? Seems some of the rv's the jack pump is on house power yet the control panel is on coach power.. After you get the jacks up re programming the auto level is pretty simple. Doug.
Old 11-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #8
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
Flamebuster, thanx for steering me in the right direction. As I checked, some other things did not work (power cord reel). I found a 20 amp resetable breaker in the rear cabinet next to the batteries that had tripped.

Coach is now on the ground!

Thanx to all!
Old 11-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
RGL, can you tell me if that breaker you found... is that a normal breaker like what's in a breaker box? Or is it some sort of other type of a push button breaker. I've been trying to find that breaker because I have NO Power to my Power Gear leveling control panel by my driver seat. I have a picture of what I found inside my battery compartment, please look at it and tell me if this is what you have or is yours different?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8872.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	143588  
tomd85208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 11:46 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tom I believe your coach is similar to mine..The fuse for the control panel should be in the first bay below the drivers seat. Large black box against the back wall that has 3 wing nuts holding the cover on..The lid will give you the location but it is a little confusing. Mine is the 5th fuse in the long line of fuse's and a 15 amp. fuse. Sometimes I have just used a continuity light tester and checked all the fuses of the listed amperage, in this case the 15 amp. to find the bad one.
It is possible for the connector to fall out of the control panel too since it just hangs from the bottom of the board..Hope this helps.Doug
Old 11-06-2016, 12:22 PM   #11
rgl

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is different, with a yellow lever on a 120 amp 12 volt circuit breaker. You can see this is located just after a place where the house circuit breaks into 4 pathways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1478456433678.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	143682   Click image for larger version

Name:	1478456461631.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	143683  

Old 11-06-2016, 12:26 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...-Tip-Sheet.pdf
RGL here is a link for recalibration of leveling hydraulics controller, in case you need it.This is for the auto type of controller by Power Gear. There are other tip sheets for semi auto and manual types too. (plus I am trying to figure out how to post information. next I will try and learn how to post pictures...lol.)

Tags
jacks, power, power gear