Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-07-2018, 07:55 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Power Gear leveling

Hi all any help would be great. I have a power gear leveling system and when I put the AUTO button it just beeps. I have to level my coach manually a pain in the butt. I always go the wrong directions when trying to level the coach. Any ideas on how I can get my auto button to start working again. Thank you in advance.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0809.JPG
Views:	66
Size:	686.9 KB
ID:	206134
allbrand1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2018, 09:00 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allbrand1999 View Post
Hi all any help would be great. I have a power gear leveling system and when I put the AUTO button it just beeps. I have to level my coach manually a pain in the butt. I always go the wrong directions when trying to level the coach. Any ideas on how I can get my auto button to start working again. Thank you in advance.Attachment 206134
A common issue is the nason air switch under the brake plunger.

When you apply the parking brake (plunger), does the parking brake light on the dash light up? (also on your Valid control panel?) If not, likely the nason switch.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:02 AM   #3
YC1

I got tired of punching the wrong direction on my pad and rebuilt the panel it was mounted in. Now it faces the right direction.

Can't help on the auto feature much though.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 09:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I got tired of punching the wrong direction on my pad and rebuilt the panel it was mounted in. Now it faces the right direction.

Can't help on the auto feature much though.
Deja Vu. I did the exact same thing years ago. Forgot about that until you mentioned it.
Old 06-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
At the risk of exposing another "Duh!" moment about myself, I am curious about y'all saying your pad/panel being oriented in the 'wrong' direction. My '08 Camelot (air-only) seems ok to me, or did i miss something ?
Old 06-07-2018, 10:47 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
At the risk of exposing another "Duh!" moment about myself, I am curious about y'all saying your pad/panel being oriented in the 'wrong' direction. My '08 Camelot (air-only) seems ok to me, or did i miss something ?
My key pad (similar to the OP's picture, but I have air only leveling), had the front of the coach pointing towards the drivers window. I'm guessing same as YCI from his description. Not a big deal, but a PITA to level it and push other functions. My brain had a hard time translating it, I guess.

I removed the key pad, and rotated it 90 and re-install it so front of coach on keypad was facing the front of coach That was my 'dah!' moment. I had to cut plastic panel the key pad was in once rotated. I ended up making a sheet metal template to cover the old hole in the plastic. I used that 'hammered' look paint you can get in the spray can to paint the sheet metal (krylon or Rust Olem?, not sure which brand, but available at HD or lowes).
Old 06-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Gotcha, many thanks, Bill. Guess they figured out which way was supposed to be the front by the time they got to me .
Now, if they could have reversed the switches & logos for the slides, I'd be set. The panel has the forward switches run the bedroom and the aft switches run the living room slides (Sorry for the OT)

Following the main thread with great interest... understanding the nuances of the leveling system is like rocket-science to me. I hope you get a solution!
Old 06-07-2018, 11:40 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
FWIW, I gave up on 'auto-leveling' on both my hydraulic-jack previous Endeavor and the current air-only Camelot.

The hydraulics were way too abrupt in their movements jerking the coach around, worrying me that they might break the windshield. And both systems seem to end up leveling way the coach too high, often making that first step a big leap.

I can understand having everything work, and work right, so we'll just keep trying.
Old 06-07-2018, 11:54 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
FWIW, I gave up on 'auto-leveling' on both my hydraulic-jack previous Endeavor and the current air-only Camelot.

The hydraulics were way too abrupt in their movements jerking the coach around, worrying me that they might break the windshield. And both systems seem to end up leveling way the coach too high, often making that first step a big leap.

I can understand having everything work, and work right, so we'll just keep trying.
If you just drop the coach all the way down manually then hit the auto, will it still raise it too high?
Old 06-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Most definitely would on the Endeavor. Maybe there was some adjustments somewhere in its brain to 'take it easy and slow', but it never ever self-adjusted to what I'd call a reasonable height. Hmmm... Used to spend a lot of time dry camping in West Texas - perhaps it had a built-in "Anti-Snake Mode" I didn't know about

Still getting used to the one in the Camelot (gotta admit -haven't been that many places yet that weren't almost spot-on to begin with), but it also seems to prefer to aim high when it can.

With the Camelot, I manually drop it down flat, and then tweak just the low side(s) only til it's level. Auto-mode seems to add some air to everything and then decide which is low and compensates from there.

Maybe it's me??
Old 06-07-2018, 01:10 PM   #11

[QUOTE=RustyTools;4229392]
Now, if they could have reversed the switches & logos for the slides, I'd be set. The panel has the forward switches run the bedroom and the aft switches run the living room slides.

Tell me about it. I was always hitting the LR slide switch for the bedroom slide, and vice-versa.

I reversed the slideout control switches, then relabeled with a matching white-on-black label tape. Unless you look closely, you can't tell I swapped the switches.

Also, this past Winter I added two interlock switches ahead of the slide-out switches. It reduces the likelihood of accidentally moving the slides, or of moving them with the locks in place.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 11:15 PM   #12
YC1

I wonder how many use those locks Mark?

Tossed mine many years ago. Never have had an issue and I promise I have been on the worst roads in America.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #13

Myron-

I hear ya'... but you have an air-ride coach. ;-) I've had our coach throw stuff out of the upper cabinets going across some gas station aprons.

The interlock switches provide two other helps:

1) It reminds me to check that the driver seat is not in the path of the living room slide

2) It reduces the chance of an accidental bedroom slide activation when one is looking to turn on the water heater in the dark. The water heater switches are directly above the rear slide switch. Both my wife and I have hit the incorrect switch once, while the other was in bed. You wake up real fast when that slide starts to come in!

And that's all I'll say, because I've already taken this thread
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:39 AM   #14

Power Gear leveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by allbrand1999 View Post
Hi all any help would be great. I have a power gear leveling system and when I put the AUTO button it just beeps. I have to level my coach manually a pain in the butt. I always go the wrong directions when trying to level the coach. Any ideas on how I can get my auto button to start working again. Thank you in advance.Attachment 206134

All brand when you press auto, do you get a red flashing indicator on the power gear panel? That’s means your outside the auto level feature for leveling from your existing position, typically from ride height. Press and hold auto button it now will search for best possible level position.
What others said if you don’t have that light on, Nadine valve next, let us know. Again I have only air leveling. Looks like you have both.

Tags
leveling, power, power gear