Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonno View Post
Power gear only provided the bottom support so I used a strapping kit to keep it from lifting up. Again thanks go to Bob (nodine) for the suggestion.
Bob,
Darn, that tank assembly is sure clean. You wax it too? Good idea on clamp assembly.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:57 AM   #30

Country Coach Owners Club
Rva?

The RVA pump-valve-tank configuration in my 2001 Diplomat looks similar to the Power Gear installations shown here.

Since RVA is not mentioned here can I take it that the very cunning fix engineered for the Power Gear tank is not required for the RVA-made system?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:10 PM   #31

Darn, my tank is to low to put a hunk of steel under it without causing extreme stress on the weld. Will have to figure out some thing that will cradle the tank on the underside for support and at the same time over the top to prevent movement upwards. Mine was sure full of fluid but not able to see where it is coming from yet.

Ed
Old 08-03-2009, 08:00 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
Darn, my tank is to low to put a hunk of steel under it without causing extreme stress on the weld. Will have to figure out some thing that will cradle the tank on the underside for support and at the same time over the top to prevent movement upwards. Mine was sure full of fluid but not able to see where it is coming from yet.

Ed
Ed,

I would expect your 06 Endeaver to have the tank mounted the same as our 06 Diplomat. Are you sure your tank is not sagging down? Maybe the bolts that screw into the bottom of the pump are loose. I know they were on ours. Try lifting up on the tank to see if it is loose.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:23 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Ed,

I would expect your 06 Endeaver to have the tank mounted the same as our 06 Diplomat. Are you sure your tank is not sagging down? Maybe the bolts that screw into the bottom of the pump are loose. I know they were on ours. Try lifting up on the tank to see if it is loose.

Bob
Could be the cross member the pump is attached to is the problem. Mine had a little slant to it and the cross member was the cause. Placed a shim under the pump to true things up.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 AM   #34

2001 Diplomat RVA Tank Hangs Below Frame

From the pictures in this thread it looks like our RVA unit has a smaller pump. Therefore since it is the pump that is fastened to the coach the whole assembly sits lower. That, in turn, has the tank positioned lower and below the plane formed by the two rails that support the cross-members to which the pump/tank assembly is mounted.

My unit is not loose and is parallel to the supporting rails and yet the tank bottom is below the tops of the rails. If I had to guess I'd say about 0.25" to 0.375".

There is some oil/dirt residue on top of my tank. Sort of like that which would accumulate near PCV valves on older car engines.

All of this is why I asked above - has anyone had a problem with RVA (vis-a-vis Power Gear) pump/tank assemblies cracking, breaking, leaking, etc.?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 08-04-2009, 05:07 PM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiplomatDave View Post
From the pictures in this thread it looks like our RVA unit has a smaller pump. Therefore since it is the pump that is fastened to the coach the whole assembly sits lower. That, in turn, has the tank positioned lower and below the plane formed by the two rails that support the cross-members to which the pump/tank assembly is mounted.

My unit is not loose and is parallel to the supporting rails and yet the tank bottom is below the tops of the rails. If I had to guess I'd say about 0.25" to 0.375".

There is some oil/dirt residue on top of my tank. Sort of like that which would accumulate near PCV valves on older car engines.

All of this is why I asked above - has anyone had a problem with RVA (vis-a-vis Power Gear) pump/tank assemblies cracking, breaking, leaking, etc.?

Thanks,

Dave
Dave,

I don't know if the RVA suffers from the same problem as the Power Gear. The Power Gear tank is welded to the pump. When than tank bounces up and down it eventually breaks the weld. If you would like to brace your tank I would suggest you shim the pump to raise it. You could also fashion a support that would meet the tank from the bottom and bolt to the underside of the coach angle iron.

Bob
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 AM   #36

Thanks, Bob. I'll look further into it.

Best,
Old 08-08-2009, 11:34 AM   #37

Power Gear bracket

Great idea. I just bolted a flat bar that I had laying around for another project and added a 1/4" thick piece of rubber between it and the tank to cushion the tank. I did not physically attach the tank. It works great. Thanks for your idea.

Neil
LIFE ROCKS WHEN YOUR LIVING ROOM ROLLS.
2pedersens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Power Gear Tank Support

I too had a leak from a crack at the weld on the bottom of the the reservoir tank. Thanks to Bruce for suggesting JB Weld to seal the crack. Worked like a charm.

To support the tank I mounted a bracket above the tank and used a threaded rod to connect it to a hose clamp around the tank. A Z-shaped flat piece connects the threaded rod to the hose clamp. Below is a picture of the completed support. Hope this helps others.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04482.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1670  
millerpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 06:47 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Nice pics Bob...I had a leak and had the tank replaced under warranty. I also fabricated a cross bracket with circle clamp to support it when I got it back. Two years with no problems after the modification.
Old 09-10-2013, 05:19 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
I hope this helps someone.

Bob
I hope it helps me!

Sorry to dig up a really old thread, but I wanted to thank Bob for a great design. I just made and installed this bracket yesterday. The plans are perfect! The only change I made was to drill 1/4 inch holes in the ends of the tabs so I could bolt it down to the coach frame rather than use clamps.

A year and a half ago, my tank developed a crack on the bottom where the neck joins the tank. I welded it up to fix it, and put it back with no support. Recently, it started leaking again in pretty much the same spot, along the edge of the weld. Looks like the bouncing around flexes the tank, but the thicker weld didn't give, so it cracked right at that juncture.

The tank is now welded for a second time, and hopefully this will be the last time, since the tank is now properly supported thanks to Bob's great design.

Many thanks, Bob!
Home base near Buffalo NY, often on the road to a dog show
ShapeShifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShapeShifter View Post
I hope it helps me!

Sorry to dig up a really old thread, but I wanted to thank Bob for a great design. I just made and installed this bracket yesterday. The plans are perfect! The only change I made was to drill 1/4 inch holes in the ends of the tabs so I could bolt it down to the coach frame rather than use clamps.

A year and a half ago, my tank developed a crack on the bottom where the neck joins the tank. I welded it up to fix it, and put it back with no support. Recently, it started leaking again in pretty much the same spot, along the edge of the weld. Looks like the bouncing around flexes the tank, but the thicker weld didn't give, so it cracked right at that juncture.

The tank is now welded for a second time, and hopefully this will be the last time, since the tank is now properly supported thanks to Bob's great design.

Many thanks, Bob!
You are very welcome ShapeShifter. Glad to be of help. I expect you will not have to weld it anymore with the added support.

Bob