Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2014, 10:46 PM   #1

Power to Aladdin and GPS gone

I usually can handle simple issues with my 2007 Monaco Executive, but this one has me stumped. Both my GPS and Aladdin quit at the same time. I can't fine anything in my information as to where I might find a blown fuse. Looked in the forward fun box, but no luck. Got any ideas?

Bill

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2014, 11:06 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
There is a rocker switch somewhere in the cockpit area. Over the years it was labeled: VM...Aladdin...Video..who knows what else. Mine is in an overhead cabinet, some were on the dash. It's there somewhere, probably the switch you always wondered "what's this for?"

Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 07:40 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is in the cupboard above the door, if yours is in the same place, maybe when you put something in there you bumped it? Randy
Old 05-21-2014, 10:02 AM   #4

Try the rear "fun" run box, fuse #4 on board #5. It may be a 7.5 amp fuse. Board #5 should be the bottom, left board in the box.

Good luck.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:52 PM   #5

I'll let you know.

I had not considered the rear run box, but I surely will now. I thought rear run was chassis. I'll let you know.

Thanks to you and the others referring to the reset toggle for the Aladdin.

Bill
Old 05-21-2014, 11:53 PM   #6

PS: I just noticed you are from Boise. I'm in Eagle, ID

Hello neighbor!
Old 05-22-2014, 08:41 AM   #7

Battery Basic Single Line Diagrams

People are always looking for fuses and breakers, so this may be helpful for some owners. The Dynasty's, Exec's and Sig's shared a lot of features and systems, as do some of the coaches in the other Monaco lines. Our coach is an '06, and that appears to have been around the time when numerous major changes were made, such as the wide implementation of the Intelitech lighting and system controls. So there should be at least some value for some owners.

I do NOT guarantee accuracy, however I've made this to be very highly representative of what we have on our particular coach. Some major loads are missing, such as the engine air heaters, but I've not positively identified where they are actually tied into the system. So it's not 100% valid information, but it may give you somewhere to start. 😊
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Domestic Battery Basic Single Line.pdf (79.3 KB, 53 views)
File Type: pdf Chassis Battery Basic Single Line.pdf (54.8 KB, 55 views)
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #8

Excellent! Every Monaco shop in the country will be downloading both documents. I certainly am and will surely be using it.

BTW. Your instructions were correct but, unfortunately, not blown fuse. I have since learned I have an intermitting "open" that is being very elusive to find. I'm thinking on relocating the power feeding plug #35-? (I think - memory at the breakfast table is unreliable) to another source. The wiring under the dash is like a bowl of noodles and is impossible to physically trace. Oddly, it is the ground side of the plug that is "open."

Thanks again for the great job on the wiring diagram!

Bill (in Eagle, ID)

Tags
gps, power