RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally posted by nutensteve:
Quote:
Wasn't that what the first 700 billion was for, to help banks keep making the loans so that the economy would get jump started? That's why I think we should try my idea and see where it leads us....At least that way I can get some of my tax dollars back... .
The first $700 billion was to make sure all the banks and wall street guys got their bonus checks. LOL

I read that there is a demand for RV's but the credit market is still locked down and even folks that can afford the payments can't get loans. Until the credit market opens up the RV industry will stay in the dumps.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2009, 05:10 PM   #16

Personally, and as rediculous as this might sound, I think that if each middle class family were delt 28,000.00, this economy would be in much better shape. I think all would agree that there is no better classification that would be better suited in giving or redistributing that money back into the economy. I think most familys would use 20 percent of those funds to pay down debt or clear up debt (that money would go directly to the banking institutions). 50 percent will be sourced back into the economy for either household upgrades, a long awaited and much needed family vacation and the remainder put into some sort of savings/investment. I figure that this 28,000 per middle class family would equate to about 80 Billion dollars rather than the 700-900 billion that would considered a "cash burn" by everyone else but the hard working american family. By no means am I for socialized programs, but this approach would need no clarity or oversite what so ever because you can rest assure that the middle class will spend it in the best appropriate mannor, and just by accident, it would stimulate the economy.

The reason why the above won't fly, would be just shearly do to the fact that the middle class is not the people that make the large donations to the democratic or republican partys. It is the big corps that are the ones that make those generous donations and therefore they will be delt out the money. That bullcrap you see in congress, the scolding of these big execuitves is just a dog and pony show for the people to watch on thier boob tube. The fact of the matter is, prior to the scolding and right after, they are either playing golf with each other or hamming it up on a junkett together.

Old 02-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #17
dcmrblueridge.com

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Andy, you got that right. Just look what happened to Martha Steward, make an example out of her. What has happened to any of the wall street boys including Mr Madeoff with billions?
He didn't get "caught" for so long without having friends in the halls under the dome.
https://www.dcmrblueridge.com/
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 06:16 AM   #18

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
The first $700 billion was to make sure all the banks and wall street guys got their bonus checks. LOL
Mark, you and the other posters that ID'd this as an issue are dead on. How can the gov't help us when they can't even control what they give to the banks...no one knows what happened to the first 350 billion.

I think the President was in Elkhart IN when he brought up the RV Industry wasn't he? It would make sense to speak about it (the industry) there, as much as it would make sense to talk about the steel industry in Pittsburgh or the housing market in Naples, FL....just good political sense.

In any case we're in a real mess and I'm not too sure anyone has any idea what to do about it.
Hope our favorite industry can turn around, but as was previously said, the demand has to re-emerge.
RVRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:12 AM   #19

The bottom line, when the smoke all clears, it is our goverment that is to blame for the lack of oversight and transparency during these times of hand outs. Thier dog and pony show is to make all and every attempt to devert blame on the banks and wall street. Can we really blame the banks or wall street for getting in line for thier handout? Morally the banks are wrong and so is wall street, but you can't blame a child for shooting another child if his parents handed him the gun. The biggest joke is that the goverment expected/assumed that the banks and wall street would "do the right thing".

If you hand out money and you insist on certain conduct or obligations to be consistant with the money delt, than you better attach strict guidlines in writting signed by both parties. The rush to get this money out was thier biggest mistake and now it is gone. NO OVERSIGHT AND LACK OF TRANSPARENCY, AND THIS IS NOT THE END OF THIS WARPED GOVERMENT BUSINESS APPROACH, THE WRITTING IS ON THE WALL ALREADY FOR THAT SAME LACK OF OVERSIGHT, TAKE TWO.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:44 AM   #20
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis

This thread is drifting far away from the topic of the RV industry.

Political discussions are not permitted by our rules.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:49 AM   #21

100% behind cb5300 and have been since before the first bail out. I still think it makes the most sense to get our economy going again
Old 02-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I'm afraid the RV industry has not seen the bottom of the current economic crisis. When I was at Holiday World in Dallas yesterday I ran into the salesman who sold us our coach. He said the credit market is so tight that even well qualified potential buyers either cannot obtain financing or the terms are obscene and walk away. In addition to the dealers closing their doors and returning stock Monaco is really putting the squeeze on existing dealers to move stock. Further, Monaco is running out of money from the credit market is almost nonexistant and very difficult difficult to find. Monaco has had problems paying suppliers and that has caused yet another set of issues. I think the light at the end of the trouble is a train and not daylight. I've also heard of folks trying to sell their RV helping out with the down payment for a buyer. Unless the credit markets open up, and soon, not only will the RV industry go belly up but so will many other businesses and industries.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:34 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I thought it was neat that Obama made reference to the RV indu (and there are tons on the lots) and the dealers are not willing to deal at all - especially if there is a trade-in involved. Sure would help if the credit market eased up a little.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:54 AM   #24

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
I thought it was neat that Obama made reference to the RV indu (and there are tons on the lots) and the dealers are not willing to deal at all - especially if there is a trade-in involved. Sure would help if the credit market eased up a little.
Along this topic, a friend of mine pointed out that it looks like the Economic Recovery Act has a provision to deduct vehicle sales tax from your taxable income. I believe it not only applies to cars but to RV's as well. Any move in this direction, big or small is certainly welcome.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:42 AM   #25

Take it from me Ron, your friend reads up on these things ...any vehicle or RV purchased in 2009 as it stands right now, will have the sales tax come right off your income (whether you itemize or not)...but my wife told me that there may be a cap on the gross purchase....the bad thing about this is that I purchased my 2009 in 2008 and paid the sales tax in 2008...one of the cars is paid for...and my toad is at 0%....what a bummer....
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Stu,
At least I didn't take credit for knowing this one first...LOL I just wouldn't use your name without permission...