Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2011, 04:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Primary Fuel Filter Micron Rating??

I am buying a spare primary fuel filter for my 2004 Monaco Signature with a Detroit 60 Series engine. Every filter dealer I went to today gave me a different story, anything from 30 microns to 10 microns for the primary and 2-3 microns for the secondary filter. What are all of you using and where are you getting them from??? How often do you change them also???

Thanks
Dave

2004 Monaco Signature
Detroit 60
2011 Honda CR-V
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2011, 05:20 PM   #2

With a double filtration system as used on your Sig the primary filter size is actually specified as 25 microns by Detriot but nobody makes one so they use a 30 micron. For the secondary fuel filter a 10 micron is called for by Detroit.

Do you still have the original Racor Primary water separator unit that came with the Sig? If so you need a WIX 33621 filter for that. The secondary fuel filter is a WIX 33120.

Dave, I had to change my primary fuel filter/separator unit but I have two brand new WIX 33621 still sealed in plastic that I can make you such a deal on and I will pay for shipping. Email me. I can also email a complete filter listing gor your Sig.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 07:56 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, the dealer changed my filter head because the Racor setup sucked air in the solenoid to drain the water and I lost prime and broke down on the Interstate, NOT FUN. Now it has a Baldwin BF1259 primary filter, but I can't find the micron rating on the web site or the filter. The Sig only has 1000 miles on both fuel filters, I was just looking for a spare primary to carry with the spare secondary Detroit brand filter I have. I don't think your primary will fit now (DARN).. Thanks anyway, I bet somebody else will be interested.
The BF1259 is a water separator but does not have the glass bowl to check for water but does have a twist drain on the bottom.

Thanks
Dave

2004 Monaco Signature
Detroit 60
2011 Honda CR-V
Old 05-16-2011, 08:10 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
WIX Filters : Filter Look-Up

The BF1259 crosses as the Wix number in the link above. Click on the number for the specs...listed as 14 micron. You are fine.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #5

Wow, that is 100% the same as what happen to my Sig. At 65 mph on I-12 coming into Baton Rouge my engine sucked air through that solenoid and stopped. No power steering and I managed to get it over to the shoulder had four grandkids with me. Cost me $$$$ to find out what it was. I just installed a Racor 700 Series filter/water separator with a clear bowl and hooked right into the Monaco plug for the water detection light on the dash. Cost me $250 but it has a electric priming pump and the control panel replaces the one that was originally installed.
http://www.parker.com/literature/Rac...700_Series.pdf

I read that the Baldwin BF 1259 is a 10 micron filter. Does it just screw onto the original Racor unit? I am not sure about having two 10 micron filters in series. i guess it can't hurt but the first one is probably going to block up faster.

Twomed, the WIX is 14 micron but the Baldwin is 10 micron.

If you want the Baldwin then it is available through Amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Baldwin-BF1259.../dp/B0015RHTD8
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote