Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2008, 05:52 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2007 Knight and everytime I try to level it using the auto leveling it raises the coach in jerking motions and ends up way too high. It does show level. I find that by using the manual levelers, I can get it level quicker and keep it low to the ground.
Do you agree or am I missing something?
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2008, 05:52 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 2007 Knight and everytime I try to level it using the auto leveling it raises the coach in jerking motions and ends up way too high. It does show level. I find that by using the manual levelers, I can get it level quicker and keep it low to the ground.
Do you agree or am I missing something?
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I definitely agree. I gave up using my hydraulic auto leveling system after about two months of owning the coach. The overly abrupt movements scare me, and I found that with the 3 point leveling system it was extremely easy to level by hand, and I could do it much more smoothly. In addition, I knew by making sure the front jack was firmely planted first, that I always had a good "pivot point" to protect the big one-piece windshield from torque.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Hi Corvette Man

Just a thought relating to your comments about jerky motions:

Are you maintaining the telescopes by lubricating the moving parts? I imagine that "dry telescopes" could cause the system to "stick".

Hope you solve this

The Great Dane

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Our 2006 Diplomat ends up to high unless we dump the air bags before leveling. We hold down the air bag dump switch while the leveling is going on to keep the air bags from pumping back up. I think the jerky motion is normal. Notice that the auto level will raise the front quite a bit before leveling. I think this is to keep the rear jacks from twisting the body and causing the windshield to pop out.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the advise. The telescopes are clean and lubricated. I also dump the air before trying to level. I can level the coach in about one minute using the manual method. I just don't like the auto method due to the jerking.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:53 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Like others that have posted, I only manually level now. I am convinced that the auto levelers jerky movement contributed to one edge of my windshield popping loose and yes, I do clean the hydraulic arms clean.

mark

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:08 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same complaint, our motorhome turns into a bucking bronco when I hit the auto switch and it lifts to high. I now use manual.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We had the same problem and all that was required was to reprogram the leveling module. It was done while at Monaco but I am sure you could call the jack manufacture and they will tell you how to do it. I met a guy a last year that called from the CG and they had it fixed in 5 minutes. Worth a call.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 07 Knight also and find that the auto level is to much. The second time I used it I poped the windshield out. Only use man. now and have had no more problems.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:04 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
We had the auto-leveling adjusted by the factory techs in Elkhart when it was new, and then again two years later by the techs in Wildwood, and levelers always lifted our coach way too high with ALOT of force! We've been leveling manually since the beginning and have gotten quite good at it. Don't use the auto feature nor do we miss it.
AkTrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 07:28 AM   #12

What is everyone using to keep the jacks clean and lubricated? I would expect something that would not collect to much dust.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:51 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
This is an interesting topic and I have a related question. I am a new owner of an 04 Diplomat with four sliders. I read the owners manual and it said to extend the sliders before leveling, I have been leveling first and then putting out the sliders. What do you guys do related to leveling before or after extending the sliders.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:57 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Our jacks seem to be okay or we've gotten used to the jerky motion. Sometimes it's worse than others. One thing that we've noticed is that after the MH has auto leveled and the level light comes on, we still seem to be a little low on the rear driver's side. We then have to put it in manual to elevate that side. We use the bathroom door to check level. The level light does not go out and we don't have to do it very far. Maybe that would be fixed with the afore mentioned adjustment....?

Tom