Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I am trying to figure out how to use my coach propane to supply my Weber Q grill. Inside one of my storage bays there is a access to what looks like a line tied to the coach propane. But, I can't figure out what I need to go from the 1/2" pipe connection on the coach to the connection on the Weber Q which is set up to use small throwaway propane cylinders.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2006, 06:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I am trying to figure out how to use my coach propane to supply my Weber Q grill. Inside one of my storage bays there is a access to what looks like a line tied to the coach propane. But, I can't figure out what I need to go from the 1/2" pipe connection on the coach to the connection on the Weber Q which is set up to use small throwaway propane cylinders.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave -

You should be able to find a device at Camping World (and similar places) that has gas-grill fittings and ones to install in the main propane-line, and should include a 10-12 ft length of hose so you can use your grill over on the curb-side.

I don't know how to attach an imbedded link to it on here, but look for their "Stay Flow Plus Kit".

HTH,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

THIS is what you're looking for....

HERE'S a great place to order it...
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #5

Hello,

We found the fittings necessary to connect from the coach to the Weber Q, but found that there wasn't enough pressure/flow present to give more than a marginal flame around the burner. We then tried removing the regulator, and "plumbing" directly to the control valve, and still did not have enough pressure/flow to cook, satisfactorily. We finally gave up, and are back to the portable bottles. Sorry about that.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by K7JV:
Hello,

We found the fittings necessary to connect from the coach to the Weber Q, but found that there wasn't enough pressure/flow present to give more than a marginal flame around the burner. We then tried removing the regulator, and "plumbing" directly to the control valve, and still did not have enough pressure/flow to cook, satisfactorily. We finally gave up, and are back to the portable bottles. Sorry about that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't imagine why the Marshall Brass set-up wouldn't work for you. The T fitting has to be between the tank and the regulator. What is the control valve you are refering to?
If your grill will work off a portable bottle it should work off the mh tank as long as you have it hooked up correctly.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Since all you get from the LP fitting on the curb side is low pressure why did Monaco put it in?. If you connect a grill to it you get to low of a flame. In order to run a grill you would need to T off of the tank before the regulator. What am I missing ? Why put a grill fitting on the curb side if it can"t be used?
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Indeed - the useless gas stub

I ended up putting the Stay-A-While T on the tank, and I run the hose under the coach once I am parked. Would be nice to run it permanently, but the supplied hose is barely long enough to operate the BBQ away from the side of the coach (and away from the water heater vent). I will possibly look for a longer hose that I can run through that compartment from the tank.

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Makes no sense to me either. I went through modifing my grill so I could use the low pressure LP. Took off the regulator and added a quick disconnect but it was a pain. Could it be they don't want to run high pressure LP far from the shut off on the tank?
Dave
Old 07-12-2007, 12:59 PM   #10

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I do not know about the Weber Grill, but I use the Monaco provided Gas stub with a quick couple and a 12 foot gas line and use my portable gas stove all the time. I use a two burner cast iron gas stove I got from Cabela's and have had no problems.

Stove from Cabela's

Best to all - Glenn
Old 07-12-2007, 01:08 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Well at least it can be used for something, as long as it does not use a regulator. Maybe it is a code issue- everything that they connect has to be after the regulator?
alan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:09 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Glenn,
I looked at your link and I can see why it works. The Cabela Stove do not have a build in regulator link most protable grills that are built to use a disposable propane tank like the weber Q. Like I said on mine I removed the regulator and installed a quick disconect I also added a quick disconnect to the LP stub on the passenger side. Now use a hose to connect the two.

Hope this helps explain what's going on

Dave
Old 07-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
When I was going through the PDI on my Camelot, I questioned the tech about this very subject. He said I would have to tap between the tank and regulator. He had no answer to my question about the purpose of running the line to the curbside.
psc907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 01:43 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itdave:
I removed the regulator and installed a quick disconect I also added a quick disconnect to the LP stub on the passenger side. Now use a hose to connect the two. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dave,

Did you make any provision for a control valve to adjust the flame, or do you just run it full open from the low-pressure connection point?
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote