Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2013, 02:32 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Propane hose replacement

OK, I started to install my extend a stay fitting adapter on my propane tank I than re installed the hose and now I have a leak at the other end where it attaches to the pressure regulator.The hose is bad. I looked everywhere for a replacement hose I even called Monaco parts and the hose is no longer made. I went to 3 propane suppliers and a welding supply house no luck I found one at RVupgrades.com The only problem is the end which fits in the pressure regulator is to small. I was wondering if I can use a elbow and have one end reduce down to the smaller hose. Its before the regulator so I do not think there should be a problem with low pressure but I am not sure. Any advise would be appreciated, we are leaving on a trip in two weeks and need heat.
Thank you,
Ron Egidio
regvett is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2013, 02:39 PM   #2

GOOD luck finding the fitting. It will work and work with correct pressure. Hoping you have a better variety of parts houses than we did. Had to get mine from a mobile home parts place.
trackman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I had that hose to start leaking on my 02 Diplomat. I took the hose off and took it to my local Motion Industries hose shop. They primarily do heavy equipment hydraulic hoses. They custom made one while I waited. I don't remember the price but less than $50.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:55 PM   #4

Take your hose of and to a LP dealer/company.
The LP sales/service company in my hometown made me one for $15.

Or ask any RV repair place...... if they don't make them they will get one for you, or send you to the right place.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, replacement