RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #1

The wealth of knowledge on this forum is immense,and I am hoping to tap in on it.
We are planning to go full time and purchase a 1 to 2 yr. old Monaco, Camelot, Scepter or Dynasty 42 ft. with tag axle. Our present RV is a 28 ft. 5th wheel, that we have been living in about 50% of the time and touring from Vancouver to Florida.
Our Monaco will probably be purchased at Demartini in Sacramento,CA or Guaranty at Junction City, OR and imported to Alberta, Canada which will be our home base.
Any insight, suggestions, or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pat l is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2008, 05:45 PM   #2

The wealth of knowledge on this forum is immense,and I am hoping to tap in on it.
We are planning to go full time and purchase a 1 to 2 yr. old Monaco, Camelot, Scepter or Dynasty 42 ft. with tag axle. Our present RV is a 28 ft. 5th wheel, that we have been living in about 50% of the time and touring from Vancouver to Florida.
Our Monaco will probably be purchased at Demartini in Sacramento,CA or Guaranty at Junction City, OR and imported to Alberta, Canada which will be our home base.
Any insight, suggestions, or recommendations would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pat l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 07:49 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 2008 Monaco Camelot 40PDQ which we love dearly. It was purchased at Guaranty RV in Junction City but I have some complaints about the way my deal was handled. My PDI and walk through cost me 800 bucks and I knew more about my coach than the 800 dollar guy did. The coach is awesome but the dealer left a bad taste in my mouth. I had it in writing they would fill the fuel tank but it was only a quarter full when I took possession so I complained. I was told the dealership didn't fill tanks any longer it had become too expensive. Check out DeMartini, I wish now that I had.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 09:28 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
pat l...
first of all...welcome to iRV2! I noticed that you have been a member for a long time...but this is your first post...so this is a privilege.

As far as the dealers you have chosen...I am a HUGE fan of the DeMartini family and the way they run their dealerships.
I can think of one person who has reported a bad experience after the fact...and as we have all learned... there's always two sides to the story.
There is another new member who just purchased from DeMartini and took their new to them coach to Canada also... maybe he will weigh in soon also!
Give the DeMartini's a call...I doubt you will be disappointed.

Again...welcome to iRV2 and good luck with your purchase!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #5

My vote goes for the Dynasty and DeMartini. Heck it is not my money, and I would LOVE to have a Dynasty, nice rig. The main thing is get the floorplan that fits your lifestyle and you will be happy with.
I have not heard one negative thing regarding DeMartini, they seem to deal straight and no pressure. I have been to Guaranty, I would not return, just my .02 cents worth. Whatever you get, enjoy it. Monaco makes a nice rig and from my experience has always been positive to deal with if there are any problems or you need additional information regarding anything on the rig.

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 06:24 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hi pat l,
If you do go to Guarenty RV in Junction City, deal with Mike Grablowski. Nick name around there is "Grabber". He's a good man and will work with you. We had absolutely no problems with him and he made our buying experience pleasurable. Say hi for us.
We're going back up there for some work to be done in a week and a half.

Here's Mike Grablowski's e-mail: Mike.Grablowski@guaranty.com

Good luck Pat,

Tom Brickwell
Old 04-23-2008, 07:09 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
pat1 -- I`m probably the one Mama is refering to about being a disatified DeMartini customer -- I don`t heap praise,nor do I bash anyone or anything, if it is not warranted -- I`m not going to get into details,& no,I don`t have "Buyers Remorse" -- The Camelot we have is the 8th motor home we`ve owned since 1980,so we do have experience in what to expect -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:04 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Hey BigskyBob,
I just got 08 camelot 40PDQ at Simi Hills. I was very happy with service and price. Was wary at first because small dealer but no problems. What was PDI charge? Also didn't get full tank.Coach batteries seem to drain quickly.Any ideas.

Craig

02 Suzuki XL7 toad
blackpool bertie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #9

Hello,

I just got our 04 Dynasty home to Alberta and am waiting on the RIV papers to arrive. Once they are here it is matter of 2 inspections, one is the RIV and the other is a Out of Province inspection. We bought a 2004 Dynasty at DeMartini's, got a fair deal, naturally we all want them for a lot less but overall the experience was a good one. I would certainly recommend getting in touch with them. I had shopped around locally, did E-Bay and Craig's List, also got in touch with Guaranty in Oregon. I have say that Jon and Tim at Demartini were the best and gave a decent price quote immediately. Other dealers would only give general prices even though I had indicated that I was serious, price ranges varied from the 200's to the low 300's on some of the used units I was looking at. What I found frustrating with these dealers was the refusal to give a firm quote. I found the folks in Grass Valley to be pretty much straightforward and would highly recommend them.

The Fossilhound
Fossilhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:51 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Pat1, If you're looking for a nice Dynasty, check with James at Carolina RV in South Carolina. I traded a 2007 Dynasty "Diamond" floor plan in on a 2008 Signature. The Dynasty has almost every option that you could get, and it only had 16K miles on it. I still have some pictures and a copy of the MSRP if you would like to see it I can email them to you.

Actually, Mama has some of the pictures somewhere.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We are currently at Guaranty RV in Junction City for our scheduled warranty issues. We purchased our Cayman from Mike Bassett at the Monaco rally. I have a longer post started about the very good experience we are having with them, but would like to say that they are treating us very well. They are resolving our issues, everyone is very polite and professional, we did get the promised full tank of diesel at the stateline when we took possession, and the Monaco jackets. And they have a technician working with us for hours 1x1 to answer our questions and walk us through all the systems. (We all agreed that we would resolve these issues here, not at the rally.) They signed us up for their Guaranty Travelers club and worked to return to us a couple items we accidently left in our trade-in that went to Yuma. Ooooops! The service manager here, Tim Cooke, has also been around to make sure issues are being resolved as expected.

Our salesperson, Mike Bassett, mike.bassett@guaranty.com, 541-953-8509, works at the Luxury Lot here in Junction City. (In addition, Dan Myrick at the same location has been instrumental in the delivery and follow up service. Not sure of everyone's title.) Mike was recommended by a neighbor who has purchased MHs from him before, most recently an Executive. At the rally we spoke with other dealers who could not begin to give us a price. What impressed us at the rally was that Mike quickly got back to us with a price and we didn't have to fool around with the back and forth stuff. We knew what we wanted and he met it.

Another thing we like is that they are located very close to the Monaco facilities here in Oregon. Rick also noted today that the owner of Guaranty RV is very involved with the local Boy Scouts. Rick is an Eagle Scout and he mentioned that he was glad to see that they are giving back to the community.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:53 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I`m probably the one Mama is refering to about being a disatified DeMartini customer </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Nahhh...Willard... you had told me in the beginning you were quite happy with DeMartini...you only became unhappy with them when Jon couldn't force Monaco into taking care of your paint issues. There was someone else who bought a much older used rig that had isssues with the unit.
I still stand behind my dealership buying experience...

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Mama -- You must have me mixed up with someone else -- I`ve never been a DeMartini fan -- They "did not" PDI my coach & problems started the first day because of that -- I did not rush them on delivery, in fact, I called them from Lodi CA. & informed Jon that if they needed more time to prep the coach,we would stay in Lodi till it was done -- I know not to rush PDI`s -- Jon said the coach was finished, come on up -- A far as trying to get Jon to force Monaco to resolve issues, that is not the case -- When I was in Coburg, talking to Dan Deering about the paint, he informed me that DeMartini buffed our coach unded warranty -- What I called Jon about, is to inform him about my disappointment with the issue -- I`m not going to sugar coat this,& yes, Jon & Tim are nice people -- However, they are salesmen -- I worked in the RV business for many years, & have known countless RV salesmen - One of the biggest mistakes I`ve seen buyers make, is to think that their salesman, is their FRIEND - Those two words should never be in the same sentence -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:34 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Location: Full-Timer (Thousand Palms RV Resort - Inverness Fl)
Good and Bad comments on most dealers for sure. I bought from DeMartini and picked up my Monaco at their Indiana location. Not a perfect PDI but very well done and it appears they really did some Pre-PDI on their own as the only problem I have had to date was a cargo heater (they sent me a new one no questions asked) and the handle on the bedroom closet broke (they told me they more than likely would) - new one received in about 2 day from JD (service manager). We have been to Florida and back twice and the insignificant issues I called DeMartini on were handled quickly. My biggest complaint is that when the factory installed my GPS/DVD player and distribution panel in the compartment over the driver's seat they left a mess of wires that look like a backlash on a bait casting reel. Called DeMartini and found out that installation is done at the factory - they said they will straighten it up when I run by there this fall for the 15k service. I can't complain at all.

MCPO Ret is offline   Reply With Quote