Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2014, 12:09 PM   #1

Talking Proud new owner of a new to me 98 Dynasty

Now i need to know EVERYTHING about it from ya'll experts

quite a lot more buttons and gadgets than my old 5th wheel
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	motor home.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	492.6 KB
ID:	57005  
duane124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats on the new Dynasty Duane. I'm pretty sure you're gonna love the coach. You've come to the right place for answers. I've had my Dynasty for a little over a year and there are lots of great people with lots of experience ready to share information.

So with that said, let the questions fly.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:47 PM   #3

thanks... 1st question is what do i need to look at on the front leveler not working...i can hear it trying to cycle but wont go up or down?

i bought this unit as is knowing some things needed fixing
Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #4

Looks great! Try to see if part of the assembly is froze.
homeless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:29 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Congrats on the new to you coach. The Dynasty is a great coach. I'm sure you're going to really enjoy it.

Regarding the front jack. Try checking the hydraulic oil level in the tank. To get to the tank, open the front generator door, and the tank should be in front of the firewall on the driver's side. (At least that's where it is on mine.)

If the oil level is OK, then maybe one of the valves is stuck. They're right there on the tank. Play with each on of them a little, even tapping on them lightly with a hammer.

Good luck.

Jim
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:43 PM   #6

thanks... ill try when i get back to the unit... i didnt really think this out and have to bobcat my driveway a little wider and cut down a few trees before i have her on hand...

another Question... i have a bunch of the manuals and even have the wiring spec book however some of the information contradicts itself.... on the inverter/converter, i have a remote station for it... should i leave the actual unit off or on to control it with the remote station? also, what receptacles etc should come on when sole power is through the inverter?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 PM   #7

to add, though no service records came with it.. it has a pretty complete set of manuals and specs both for the unit, cummins power plant etc.... down to replacement parts numbers etc..... i will happily share any and all info i have
Old 02-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by duane124 View Post
thanks... 1st question is what do i need to look at on the front leveler not working...i can hear it trying to cycle but wont go up or down?

i bought this unit as is knowing some things needed fixing
Congrats, try turning your key to the ACC position not On. took me a while to figure that out on my 97 Windsor
Quicktree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:32 PM   #9

went over and piddled with it some today... i need someone on the switch while I'm underneath to really figure out what is going on.... i did figure out the inverter remote stuff.... it was a misprint in one of the manuals

i soooo wanted to just stay overnight in the thing lol
Old 02-27-2014, 01:52 PM   #10

another question on that front leveler...i know its hydraulic however is the switch penumatic? i swear i hear air hissing when im trying to get the thing to work
Old 02-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Do you have hyd jacks, or air leveling? My 98 Dynasty has air leveling and is a HWH system. eight air bags.
CutieFac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:38 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieFac View Post
Do you have hyd jacks, or air leveling? My 98 Dynasty has air leveling and is a HWH system. eight air bags.

errr thats what im trying to figure out...

i bought the unit "as is" so the only thing i know bout the unit is what i have figured out on my own

HELP lol
Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #13
Retired Senior Member

I have nothing constructive to contribute. I can only say from experience that the '98 Dynasty we had was a great coach. Took awhile to figure out where and what but you have a well built and well designed coach in the Dynasty. I did find that the manuals (electrical in particular) seemed to be a sort of generic package. You really cannot believe what you read in those.

Fix the big things and piddle at the little things while enjoying the coach.
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:50 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Duane, does your control panel looks like this? If so, then you have an air leveling system, not jacks.