Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
we have it all set up as a film production rig. We use it on film shoots so even though it may have little resale value, its worth quite a lot to us. We need the second "daytime" office more than we need a big bed.

As to the slide situation, yeah i've been looking at that. I think it will work with a sofa closed up in route.

cheers
geo
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2011, 08:04 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
we use this as a film production vehicle and a mobile office, as much as we use it for "fun"... We have a lot of gear installed on board and we generate revenue from its use, so its "value" and investment is much higher than one would consider due to age alone. We'll run this unit for at least another 5 years. We have more than the cost of the coach's purchase invested in gear and systems for our business, so another couple grand is a drop in the bucket.

As to construction... yes i'm aware of the design issues. We've already made some mods to the coach, so we're not worried about the plan physically. With the sofabed installed and in the "sofa" position there will be considerable room with both the slide extended and closed in the room as the sofa only extends 3' at max and the bed is closer to 7'. When the room is opened at a site and the sofabed is in the "Bed" position it takes up almost exactly the same footprint as the bed does now. Leg extensions for the bed when opened is a no brainer.

I've slept on rocks that were more comfortable than our current bed, and i've slept on many sofa beds in my film career, so yes, we are well aware of the issues with a sofa bed and there are a number of ways to assure a good sleeping situation with a little ingenuity.

The only thing i'm working out now is how to mount it securely. Looks like we're going to keep the existing rise in the floor so that the sofa is secure when the side is closed and opened, but removing only about 1/2 of the base of the existing bed and redoing the carpet and floor.

thanks for all the feedback... keep it coming!

cheers
geo
Old 08-15-2011, 08:22 AM   #17

King size Select Comfort from Camping World. Best investment I ever made. No weight easy in and out.
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote