Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2010, 07:54 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Purchasing '06 Camelot

We are thinking seriously about purchasing a 2006 Camelot PDQ. I have a couple of questions.

1) Are parts still available?
2) Can I get wiring diagrams and other information on the plumbing, water system, etc?

The unit I'm looking at has the remote key locking system that also locks/unlocks the storage bays. Does this system only work with the ignition key turned on? When the key was off I couldn't lock the front door or open any of the bays. When the key was on, engine running, then they would work.

Just one of probably a dozen questions I'll have if I buy this unit. So please be patient with me.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Very nice coach! In fact we're set up next to one for the entire month of November. I'd be really surprised if the remote locks only worked with the key on/engine running. Had the rig been sitting for a while and the house batteries run down?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Bob , That's one heck of an upgrade. One of my favorite rigs.

Mike
Old 11-06-2010, 05:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
My buddy has an 07 that he bought new and is very happy with it. And yes, parts are readly avaliable for it. Call Monaco 1-877-466-6226 to verify. You can also go on to the Monaco web site and pull up an archived 06 brochure.

http://monacocoach.com/archive/2006/...?model=camelot
Old 11-06-2010, 08:42 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We have an 06 Camelot 40PAQ. We're pleased with it. There were the usual teething issues associated with all new coaches that took sometime to sort out.

The remote key door and storage compartment system works well. I really like being able to unlock or lock all the storage compartments with the push of a single button. And, yes, it does work with the engine off. It will however, not work if the house batteries are down or turned off.

Good luck.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:00 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Well we did it. Signed the papers on the '06 Camelot and are now part of the group of Diesel owners. Traded our '04 Pace Arrow.

I really like the way this thing drives. The 400ISL engine is a brute. The dealer is putting two new tires on the front, and getting it re-aligned for us. So we should be good to go in a few days.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Congradulations Bob, many happy miles to you. Join the Monaco owners forum.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:17 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
That's GREAT! I'm sure you'll love it.

Mike
Old 11-07-2010, 01:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
Well we did it. Signed the papers on the '06 Camelot and are now part of the group of Diesel owners. Traded our '04 Pace Arrow.

I really like the way this thing drives. The 400ISL engine is a brute. The dealer is putting two new tires on the front, and getting it re-aligned for us. So we should be good to go in a few days.
BOB...CONGRATS and welcome to the Monaco Forum!! I took the liberty of adding u to the forum club. I no longer have the power to remove the Workhorse Club - but you can ask for help if you cannot figure it out.
I am sure you will find everyone here especially helpful.

Again..Congrats!!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:28 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks MM, I was going to ask how to join the Monaco Forum Club.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:37 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hey guys, anyone willing to tell me approx. what they pay for full-coverage insurance on their Monaco Diesel Coach?

I was reading some of the posts on this forum regarding what insurance company was recommended and about 80% of them said Progressive. According to the 80% Progressive was cheaper and saved them quite abit compared to their previous insurance company. So I did an on-line quote with Progressive and wow, it came to $3,200.00. Is this another surprise I get for buying a diesel? That's more then triple what I was paying on my '04 gas Pace Arrow. I've got a good driving record, no accident's, no ticket's. Needless to say I'm a little surprised.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #12
JWT

Alpine Owners Club
I did an on-line quote with Progressive and wow, it came to $3,200.00.

Something wrong with this picture....
Old 11-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
Hey guys, anyone willing to tell me approx. what they pay for full-coverage insurance on their Monaco Diesel Coach?

I was reading some of the posts on this forum regarding what insurance company was recommended and about 80% of them said Progressive. According to the 80% Progressive was cheaper and saved them quite abit compared to their previous insurance company. So I did an on-line quote with Progressive and wow, it came to $3,200.00. Is this another surprise I get for buying a diesel? That's more then triple what I was paying on my '04 gas Pace Arrow. I've got a good driving record, no accident's, no ticket's. Needless to say I'm a little surprised.
Hi Bob,

I have found Progressive to be the highest quote I have ever found. When I purchased my first MH I had progressive for the first year because it was sold by the dealer. After the first year we got a quote from Good Sam that was 40% less for the exact same coverage including full replacement cost. I am still with GMAC and pay $1300 per year for full coverage and full replacement.

Shop around
Old 11-07-2010, 11:41 PM   #14

Bob, I have an 09 40ft. H/R Scepter (by Monaco) which is equal to your beautiful Camelot and I pay $1,050/yr. with full replacement from National Interstate Insurance. They came recommended from a RV site and I found them to have the best rates. Check them out.
RARN
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote