Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-31-2015, 06:14 AM   #239

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Bob Nodine showed us his new shock mounted door hinge. Looks like a very nice mod Bob. Now back to work unloading the motorhome and then taking the MH to the filling station to top off the fuel tank. Sanford
Sanford,

I believe you have me confused with Drifter (Mike). I am certain we were not there at Q but wish we could have been.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-31-2015, 08:09 AM   #240

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Sanford,

I believe you have me confused with Drifter (Mike). I am certain we were not there at Q but wish we could have been.

Bob
Yes I did have you confused with Mike (Drifter). Maybe we should have the "Quartzsite Drifter Badges" with our name on them. Sanford PS Mark makes some powerful chile.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 09:36 AM   #241

We were notable to make it to the show but are in AZ. now and are headed there today so see the lay of the land and plan for next year. Might AD well enjoy the area with the gem and mineral show. So better late then never.
usplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:07 AM   #242

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Yes I did have you confused with Mike (Drifter). Maybe we should have the "Quartzsite Drifter Badges" with our name on them. Sanford PS Mark makes some powerful chile.
We had name tags for those that arrived on a timely basis...
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 06:15 AM   #243

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry I arrived at the best time I could, and I didn't notice anyone wearing a name tag. Who made them or gave them out? In the future those who don't arrive on a "timely" basis could use their other club name badges. Of course this might be sour grapes on my part as a cover up for a bad name memory. Sanford
Old 02-07-2015, 02:15 PM   #244

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have asked moderators to remove the Sticky from the Quartzsite post, as we have done in the past. You can still do a search if you need to comment on the post.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 04:21 PM   #245

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to CruisinCondo
Hi all, Been home for one week and finally found time to update the blog. First a big thank you to Mike for adjusting our door, we were the 50th. It was really great to see all old and new friends. Have some pictures here CruisinCondo Click Quartzsite 2015.
Old 02-07-2015, 06:42 PM   #246

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice pictures Mark. Sanford
Old 02-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #247

Monaco Owners Club
Here is the drone video of the Monaco Owners Group encampment. Quite large at 644MB. Hopefully it plays OK.
Attached Files
Old 02-15-2015, 12:14 PM   #248

Monaco Owners Club
Very nice drone video shooting Mike. Sanford PS if you make up a part to replace the bent washer, and longer clamp could you put them in the mail. I will install them.
Old 02-15-2015, 05:34 PM   #249

Monaco Owners Club
Still thinking about the best design. When I come up with it I'll send you a note.

Thanks for the compliment on Pauls drone video.
Old 02-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #250

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike and your Watts-Link works beyond expectations. Another successful Quartzsite get together. Sanford
Old 02-15-2015, 09:54 PM   #251

Lest I slight anyone, I must say that Craig F and Mike H have added more to the solution of Monaco handling problems than *I* could ever have expected. Both these guys have a deep understanding of WHY your coach wanders, and WHAT needs to be done to fix it. Craig F works wonders on his back in the dirt of an RV storage facility near his condo in Atlanta. (He is one of the "urban poor". LOL)

Mike lives in a "compound" in the CA highlands, and works wonders with extremely limited resources. Mike H does some of the highest quality fabrication I've ever seen. (He is of the struggling "nouveau riche".) If either of these guys offers to help you, you may rest assured it has nothing to do with the "profit motive", any more than it had to do with me. These guys just enjoy helping other Monaco-brand owners.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:20 AM   #252

Monaco Owners Club
Van if it wasn't for your "pipe" tail mover we would still have a wondering coach. That was the start of the major corrections in my opinion. You were the one to suggest to Craig to look into changing the steering box, and fabricate the first Watts Link using a cad drawing by one of our thread bloggers. Mike took the Watts Link design to a higher level of precision fabrication. Craig hit a home run with his steering box swap. Monaco and Navistar denied that was the problem. Instead blaming wondering on tire pressure, chassis height, shocks and whatever else they could think of. They told us thats the way it is with a short chassis. My favorite is "why don't you buy a more expensive coach with a tag axle? Now with all the added IMPROVEMENTS on my "short" coach I now have NO wonder and a very easy driven RV. THANK YOU Van, Mike and Craig. Sanford

Tags
quartzsite