Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Quartzsite 2017

Here is a thread we can all use for info on the up coming get together in Quartzsite, Ariz. Feel free to post what's on your mind. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 08:21 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'm bringing this post to this thread for Quartzsite 2017 from the 2016 thread currently active:

On or about the 25th or maybe the 26th of January at our Quartzsite get together I have made contact with ARP the company that makes a special safety device for owners of Norcold 1200 and Dometic absorption refrigerators. If the group agrees we can plan our Pot Luck dinner on the day Paul can conduct his seminar on his ARP unit. Below is some information on his product. Sanford

absorption refrigerator protection control unit
ARP Control unit

The ARP refrigerator control is a patented automatic control that solves the long felt need of RV owners, providing protection from off-level damage to their refrigerators, thereby improving reliability, highway safety, and reducing environmental impact.

The ARP control was developed by Paul Unmack, a control systems engineer and avid RVer. His family had been using a vintage Dometic refrigerator for 35 years, when he decided to replace it with a more modern unit. After the new unit ruptured after only 5 years, he decided to study the problem. After researching the type of cooling unit used in RV Gas Electric refrigerators built by Dometic and Norcold, and studying the operation characteristics, he devised a unique solution- the Absorption Refrigeration Protection system- an advanced electronic sensor feeding an intelligent control using his smart software, which reacts quickly to off level and unsafe operating conditions, and intelligently resets itself, allowing safe operation when it would otherwise be impractical, and greatly increasing the lifespan of the refrigerator.

P.S. I personally believe that this unit can save lives of your loved ones and your pets. For those who haven't heard about ARP please google their website and read personal reviews. You may not want to camp without this safety device. Sanford........ see you in Quartzsite.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:14 PM   #3

I'm in also it's my Birthday weekend! What time to share with friends on IRV2!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 09-08-2016, 12:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
Thanks for restarting the thread deSanford. This will be my first time there during the rock show. I was thru there in June on the way to Phoenix to see grandkids. It was 120 deg. We will be there shortly after Thanksgiving to practice boon docking. We have not done any boon docking in this DP. We did some in the prev 30' gasser.
I am expecting to be a lot more comfortable in the DP.
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 08:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quartzsite in January is AMAZING wherever you look you will see motorhomes of all shapes and lengths. At night the campfires burn on every hill. I started camping here over 45 years ago when there was no rv show. We would just pull of the highway and join a group of rvers on the BLM land. Exploring the area with my 3 kids was lots of fun. We discovered old gold mines and holes in the ground where the indians dug for gold. They used to use wool blankets to toss the dirt up in the air and the wind would blow it away while the heavy gold dust would remain in the fibers of the blanket. I first learned about Quartzsite was when my science teacher took about 25 of his students out there to look for "rocks". There wasn't any restroom facilities so I took a cardboard box and cut a hole in it and went over to the other side of a hill to use my makeshift "potty". That cardboard box got a lot of use. At one time Quartzsite became in my opinion one of the largest outdoor swap meets in the world. You could find almost anything there. Of course the rock show was huge. Now it is mostly RV related after several RV dealers saw the potential for making sales they purchased some prime locations to set up there winter business. There is one dealer who offers free breakfast at 4 corners. Before there was a stop light at that corner you could get stuck in traffic for a loooong time. These days at Quartzsite my DW and I enjoy the Thrifty ice cream outside the BIG WHITE TENT. See you there..........Sanford
Old 09-08-2016, 12:29 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
This is where the group camped last year - La Posa South. Drifter has always posted the coordinates and very good directions. We still have time......and if anyone wants to volunteer to have a signup sheet for a potluck breakfast or dinner go for it. Sanford PS there is a dump station with usually long lines.

________
Old 09-09-2016, 11:07 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I see Sanford is after the potlucks right off the bat. LOL
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Luckyd I see you are from Kamloops, BC. My family and I visited your area and had lots of wonderful memories. I remember walking out on a marshy area to "Uncle Tom's" Cabin and on the way over there seeing all colors of frogs. Those were the days. As far as food goes YES I'm a big fan of "Potlucks". It is a food festival for sure. RVers are some of the BEST chefs around. I've even seen special LARGE camping plates for RVer's. Oh well back to my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Sanford
Old 09-09-2016, 08:15 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Tough not to like a good potluck. Looks like we may stop by this winter for a few days at least.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:06 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Trap we might meet up at Catalina Spa in Desert Hot Springs. That is where Linda and I fill our water tank to the top and make sure all "holding" tanks are completely empty, before we head on down the road to Quartzsite. Pencil in January 25th and 26th for Potluck dinner and breakfast.....not sure at this time which day will be one or the other. Your advice about the dog's bed is true. Give them a very nice one and they will use it instead of yours. Sanford
Old 09-10-2016, 03:52 PM   #11

We'll be there again this year, our 3rd year. We tow our Manx dune buggy and explore all the other camps, what a kick that is. Bluebirds, Bluegrass, and even nakeds. We love talking to all the people from all over the country. The pizza at Silly Al's is worth the trip to Quartzite.
kiethco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 08:30 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Trap we might meet up at Catalina Spa in Desert Hot Springs. That is where Linda and I fill our water tank to the top and make sure all "holding" tanks are completely empty, before we head on down the road to Quartzsite. Pencil in January 25th and 26th for Potluck dinner and breakfast.....not sure at this time which day will be one or the other. Your advice about the dog's bed is true. Give them a very nice one and they will use it instead of yours. Sanford

I'm there save a spot! Can't wait to meet you and Harry

Old 09-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Save a spot for us too! Hoping to be in that region around that time.....
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 10:00 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Save a spot for us too! Hoping to be in that region around that time.....

Finally we will meet!

Tags
quartzsite