Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #127
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
You missed are post # 27, wont been till the 18th

Rich & Joan
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #128

Has everyone but me changed their air dryer filter?
ACOMA1889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:28 PM   #129

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chiefsRus View Post
Well Drifter, now that Dave (ChiefDave) and I (2chiefsRus) have finished up our JOBS at Amazon, we are starting to have some time to catch up on our reading. We are really looking forward to getting to Q soon. We are looking forward to showing off our new MCD shades. We did the house windows ourselves but are having the front windshield/cockpit area done at MCD in McKinney, TX next week.

I took the liberty of compiling the following list of those who have posted an intent of attending this year after reading the entire 9 pages of the thread. Also their intended arrival date if specified.

Drifter - 17th
ChiefDave - 17th
GoneFishin - 16th
Lukeaa - 2nd
The Danes - 18th
ITDave - 21st
DennisZ - 18th
DeSanford - 17th
Coma
HMiller
HappyCarz
WindsorDave
Stink - 17th
MFire1339 - 17th
MissContessa
E8Seabee
Spa48 - 18th
DJHinds - 16th
Olylen - 19th
Waynes1
BiggerJer
Stevepkam - 20th
CruisinCondo - 17th
MCcrob - 20th

please excuse any typos! I will be baking cookies before we arrive. I don't know about any room for firewood though - we would have to take out the sewing machine.
CrazyKnight - 17th
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #130

Monaco Owners Club
EXCELLENT compilation Craig and Angie. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:35 AM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Q Vendors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
Jon, Our group of IRV2 Monaco people are meeting again at the same place as the 2012 gathering that you were so kind to come to see us and I hope that during the 2013 show, that if possible you could come and see us again. It seems that we will have a larger group this time as the interest is growing on our gathering. It's always nice to have a first class operation to refer our members to.

Mike Fetter (Drifter)
586-212-6670
Mike,

We also thoroughly enjoyed your group last year! This year we are working with Redlands Truck & RV so I will need to check with them about what the schedule allows to get out there. If nothing else, I can make a quick visit one of the evenings just to answer questions folks may have and make appointments for work anyone wants to get done.

Thank you for the invitation!!!

Regards,

Jon

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
I also have RV Glass Solutions coming in on the 18TH to install a new windshield for us. What better place to get a windshield, but in front of expert eyes of our Monaco friends.

Motorhome Windshield Installation Service, OEM Recreational Vehicle Windshields

Old 01-02-2013, 11:14 AM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
You know the wet bay heater that came with your Monaco when you bought it? The one that stopped working the 2nd time you used it?

Here is the one I am referring to. Take a look at the price - is that silly or what

Did any of you who are attending this years event ever take one apart and got it working again?

If so, I would be pleased if I could "pick your brain" about this subject

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #134

Country Coach Owners Club
Good idea, Mike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
I also have RV Glass Solutions coming in on the 18TH to install a new windshield for us. What better place to get a windshield, but in front of expert eyes of our Monaco friends.

Motorhome Windshield Installation Service, OEM Recreational Vehicle Windshields
Good idea, Mike! Ask them to bring their rock-chip repair kit too. Though I do not have a chip yet, by the time I get there it's nearly a sure thing that we'll have one. Ooops... we wont be there until about the 20th, give or take, depending on weather. But I'm sure someone will have a chipped windshield.

Speaking of vendors - I think it was year before last, several of the group negotiated a volume-discount deal to get satellite antennas installed. Anyone remember what the price was? Anyone who did it still happy?

And ACOMA1889, I've recently changed my dryer cartridge but will have the strap wrench with me. If you have not bought yours yet, you'll surely be able to find one in or near the Big Tent.

Good job, Kathy, on the list. Thanks for the work. (From the other Cathy and Dave)

See you all in ~18 days.
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
Dave. Harry worked the deal and I think they installed eight of the Winegard Travelers @ 1800. each out the door and they came to us for the install. Could be cheaper now though.

Old 01-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
Last year we got a deal on the tire pressure remote reader etc. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #137

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2chiefsRus View Post
Well Drifter, now that Dave (ChiefDave) and I (2chiefsRus) have finished up our JOBS at Amazon, we are starting to have some time to catch up on our reading. We are really looking forward to getting to Q soon. We are looking forward to showing off our new MCD shades. We did the house windows ourselves but are having the front windshield/cockpit area done at MCD in McKinney, TX next week.

I took the liberty of compiling the following list of those who have posted an intent of attending this year after reading the entire 9 pages of the thread. Also their intended arrival date if specified.

Drifter - 17th
ChiefDave - 17th
GoneFishin - 16th
Lukeaa - 2nd
The Danes - 18th
ITDave - 21st
DennisZ - 18th
DeSanford - 17th
Coma
HMiller
HappyCarz
WindsorDave
Stink - 17th
MFire1339 - 17th
MissContessa
E8Seabee
Spa48 - 18th
DJHinds - 16th
Olylen - 19th
Waynes1
BiggerJer
Stevepkam - 20th
CruisinCondo - 17th
MCcrob - 20th

please excuse any typos! I will be baking cookies before we arrive. I don't know about any room for firewood though - we would have to take out the sewing machine.
2chiefs,
My DW and I are at Quartszite now at Holiday Palms RV park, is there anything I can do to help you get things going or whatever here? We do plan to visit the gathering to meet some of you. I have been a member for a long time. If we can help you with anything here let me know. We had the coach fitted with the MCD shades at MacKinney in Oct. before coming to Az. We love them. Looking forward to meeting you all.
Bill O.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #138

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACOMA1889 View Post
Has everyone but me changed their air dryer filter?
I have changed mine three times. I have a 06 Endeavor.
Bill O.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
We will be there the 15th at the Rose dry camping for service from Roger Burke. We have a spot in 88shades from the 18th to the 25th. We will either bicycle down one day or stop by on the 18th for a bit. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #140

Monaco Owners Club
Quartzsite Report

We arrived in Quartzsite on Jan. 2nd. I ran out to our site in La Posa South yesterday. The only rigs parked in our area are the old prospector and a new prospector. There are more rigs in the area than at this time last year. Weather is running 65 day and 34 night.

Propane was $3.03/gal with tax, at the Pit Stop. Diesel is running $3.85/gal. around town. Several new restaurants are open.

Desert Gardens Gem, Mineral & Jewelry Show is up and running with a full complement of rock dealers.

The QIA Pow Wow is Jan. 23-27th.

Tyson Wells Rock & Gem Show is Jan. 4-13th

Tyson Wells Sell-a-Rama is Jan 18-29th

Big Tent is Jan. 19-27th

Big Tent Craft Show is Jan 30- Feb. 3rd

Big Tent Classic Car Show Feb 2&3rd

Tyson Wells Arts & Crafts Fair Feb. 1-11th

New this year is a GPAA Gold and Treasure Expo at the QIA building. They have over 30+ vendors signed up and will have various classes on prospecting, dry washers, metal detecting, etc. Looks like a good addition.

There is a lot more entertainment scheduled in town.

The is a new restaurant in Blythe that looks good. It has been open two months and has four stars on Yelp. www.redcactusbarandgrill.com It is in the old Maria's building on S. Lovekin Blvd.

If anyone wants any specific info before you get here, let me know.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite