Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2014, 03:50 AM   #239

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Steve
We'll certainly try to be at Q next year. See you then, if not sooner.
Lloyd
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #240

got to Q late

We finally got to Q the day after the show was over. I was really surprised that nearly all the IRV 2 people had also left. The weather there was still good and better than many places. I wounder were everybody hurried off to? We finally left as well and now are back home here in Washington-- got here just in time to almost get into a multicar pileup on I-5 near Albany ore. Was spared however and after spending one night in a Costco parking lot did the last 2 hours drive safely home. All this was due to a sudden snow storm that was a day early.

Loren
Old 02-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #241

Monaco Owners Club
Some of us headed over to Tucson for the Gem and Mineral show. Weather has been great, but it is up to 85 today. Time to wander back to the coast.

Luke
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 03:02 PM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
Some of us headed over to Tucson for the Gem and Mineral show. Weather has been great, but it is up to 85 today. Time to wander back to the coast.

Luke
I admire that report. Sounds much nicer than here, but guess we need the rain for the April flowers, right?
Old 02-14-2014, 08:02 AM   #243

Monaco Owners Club
Headed out to Goodyear for a week hooking up with friends food visit and too much food. Then to Lost Dutchman park for a few days and now to Coolidge for more visit time. Now where to next????

LEN
Old 02-15-2014, 08:54 AM   #244

goodyear-- not sure what or where that is. Is it connected to auto racing in some way? That is something I have wanted to do-- go get my mh into or beside a race track and watch one live. I know it's not for every body but for me at least one time would be fun!

Loren
Old 02-17-2014, 10:46 AM   #245

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyKnight View Post

Thank you Lloyd for the recipes and for the WONDERFUL meal you shared with us all. Congratulations on your new coach, it looks beautiful, we know you will enjoy the extra room.

Safe travels,
Aloha :-)
Craig and Angie
Craig
I may take you up on your offer to help me install solar panels. If the offer still stands I would like to plan ahead for Q next year do I can come prepared with the necessary components to be able to charge my 8 house batteries.
We are in Tucson now but will travel up to our home base in Portland, OR in March. We will drive on I-5 so we'll pass Springfield, OR where I believe AM Solar is located. Isn't this where you ordered your stuff?
Aloha,
Lloyd
Lloydu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 12:34 PM   #246

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loren Rice View Post
goodyear-- not sure what or where that is. Is it connected to auto racing in some way? That is something I have wanted to do-- go get my mh into or beside a race track and watch one live. I know it's not for every body but for me at least one time would be fun!

Loren
Goodyear is a city on the near west side of Phoenix. Named for the Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. who in the early 1900's purchased a few thousand acres to raise cotton for tire cords (long before oil based synthetics). It's not far off the south end of Luke AFB where the citizens at that time were forced to listen to me converting kerosene to noise...
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #247

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Craig
I may take you up on your offer to help me install solar panels. If the offer still stands I would like to plan ahead for Q next year do I can come prepared with the necessary components to be able to charge my 8 house batteries.
We are in Tucson now but will travel up to our home base in Portland, OR in March. We will drive on I-5 so we'll pass Springfield, OR where I believe AM Solar is located. Isn't this where you ordered your stuff?
Aloha,
Lloyd
We have not decided if we will make Q next year due to our sons wedding later this year.

Just in case I did not tell you these websites in Q.

HandyBob's Blog « Making off grid RV electrical systems work Good general solar information.

Solar Panels, Power and Solar Kits Very competitive prices on solar panels.

Cool Gadgets, Electronic Gadgets on Sale, Free Shipping for all New and Cool Gadgets at MiniInTheBox Great prices on LED lights and bulbs.

Enjoy designing a great system for your coach, I found this was a an enlightening process. I had fun with it but then again I really enjoy the technical details when it comes to projects.

I hope to see you in Q. Let me know if I can help in ANY way.
We hope you both are enjoying your new coach.

Safe Travels !
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 05:26 PM   #248

solar panel lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydu View Post
Craig
Aloha,
Lloyd
I don't know if you noticed while at Q. There was a guy there parked across the road and slightly toward the dump from where the Irv2 people gathered at q. He was in a old un-pretentious mh but he had a great solar setup. He had bought some 12v actuators so he could raise his panels to the desired height with out ever going on his roof. Nicest application I've seen. wish I had taken a picture of it. If I ever add any more panels to my rig I would like to do it that way, as I don't see myself going on the roof for other than an emergency away from home.
Bthw I live in Vancouver, if you're interested in this setup, when you get back to Portland, private message me and perhaps we can get together and I can describe this solar setup.

Loren

Tags
quartzsite