RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #155

Some action here tonight in la posa south a felon held up in his trailer about 15 sheriff and police didnt end well someone went in a ambulance Click image for larger version

Name:	20180109_180536.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	188216

crabmaster48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabmaster48 View Post
Some action here tonight in la posa south a felon held up in his trailer about 15 sheriff and police didnt end well someone went in a ambulance Attachment 188216

Oh that canít be good, no rain, Iím leaving rain! Would like me to get the coach polished and detailed. Any recommendations from mobile folks used before?

Old 01-10-2018, 04:27 AM   #157

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
May want to try rapping on the zone valves with a plastic screwdriver handle, in case it's just a stuck valve, before replacing pumps.
Thanks 96 Wideglide, I will give it a try this evening.
PastorRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 04:32 AM   #158

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R&J View Post
I 2st the rapping on the zone valve.
You will need to remove the front cover of the Aqua-hot to gain access, look for brass valves. If you look close at the pumps you can see the impeller turning hi speed or just feel the pumps.
Mine bedroom one has stuck before and by ripping on it started working.
Thanks R&J, that is a big help, I am going to check it out this evening. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Thanks Again
PastorRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 10:55 PM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
First time visitor

If we do not arrive till the 23rd will it all be over except picking up trash?
Just want to get a taste of the Big Show.
Old 01-11-2018, 11:04 PM   #160

Monaco Owners Club
leveling issue

Our leveling controls started beeping and lights flashing the day we started to leave home (Dec 19). Everything appears to work ok, jacks come up, etc.
I unplug the wiring from the back of the control panel while traveling.
Will there be techs on site that might diagnose this?
Old 01-12-2018, 05:00 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanha Pieru View Post
Our leveling controls started beeping and lights flashing the day we started to leave home (Dec 19). Everything appears to work ok, jacks come up, etc.
I unplug the wiring from the back of the control panel while traveling.
Will there be techs on site that might diagnose this?

A common problem is the hydraulic fluid in the tank for your leveling jacks is low. There is a float in the tank to sense the fluid level. When the jacks are raised the fluid is drawn back into the tank and the float rises. If the fluid is low the float will not go high enough to make the switch. When you place the transmission in gear your jack system thinks the jacks are down and starts flashing all the indicator lamps on the control panel and sounds an alarm. At the same time the system automatically raises the jacks. It could be you have sufficient fluid but a wire is broken or has come loose.

Another common problem is the parking brake position sense switch is going bad. A very common failure on these coaches. When you place the transmission in gear if the parking brake is set you will get an alarm. The parking brake could be off but if the switch is bad the wrong signal is sent.

There will be a number of folks at Q familiar with these problems.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 11:28 AM   #162

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My lesson learned was to ensure that I wait long enough for the jacks to retract. Early on I would visually see that the Jack's were raised but wouldn't wait for the Jack's down light to go out. Someone posted that a little pressure remaining in the line would cause that symptom. Sure enough if I wait for the jack down light to go out I have very little problem. On a very rough road I will sometimes get an alert. From LA to AZ I had the alert once for a second.
jpsageusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
Vanha, the 23rd will be right in middle of big tent RV show. So, you are good.
I assume you have hydraulic leveling. There is a bay door on the driver's side that when you open it, you will see a small radiator, which is the dash A/C condenser. There are two latches that you turn and swing the A/C condenser toward you. Behind the condenser is the hydraulic pump/reservoir. With the jack fully retracted, fill the reservoir with any ATF to about 1 1/2" from the top of the tank, not the fill tube. Hopefully, it just needs a little fluid to raise the float and turn off alarm.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 01:56 PM   #164

Monaco Owners Club
Final reminder: ARP install and questions also POT LUCK

It's getting that time again in the desert of Quartzsite, Arz. Due to the interest in the "LIVE" install of Paul's ARP unit and questions during and following the propane safety device installation Paul (https://www.arprv.com/purchase.php) will start at 1:30 P. M. on the 24th of January. Our Potluck will start soon afterwards around 4:00 P. M. as it gets dark around 5pm. Chief's choice of contribution to our evening dinner. Firewood and tables are needed (tables for the food). Warm jackets may be required along with a flashlight if desired. Yes everyone is invited so your friends with SOB are also welcomed. Please don't park your rig parallel to the center of the circle (you might not be able to leave). There is now a banner by the road showing you where the Monaco's are parked too the right. If you don't know where we are parked or need a map please check out some of the earlier posts. I can be reached by cell phone if interested please send private message. Drive safely and keep the greasy side down.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:53 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
We plan to be there on the 19th and looking for advice/help with my rear monitor camera. On our way to Phoenix now and it went out, still get camera when signaling left or right and when I back up but only randomly does rear camera work when driving. I'm thinking it's a loose connection at the camera in the rear or corrosion. Open to suggestions and looking to borrow a step ladder to get up to the camera if anyone has one.

See everyone soon.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:12 PM   #166

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
We plan to be there on the 19th and looking for advice/help with my rear monitor camera. On our way to Phoenix now and it went out, still get camera when signaling left or right and when I back up but only randomly does rear camera work when driving. I'm thinking it's a loose connection at the camera in the rear or corrosion. Open to suggestions and looking to borrow a step ladder to get up to the camera if anyone has one.

See everyone soon.
I've got a ladder. Track me down. I'm hoping to get there the 19th as well.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:02 PM   #167

Monaco Owners Club
Thx.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 PM   #168

Should be there on the 18, last years live demo went well 1:30 should be good.
Yes a circle with a way out and in. It was pretty large with fire pit in middle. Gives room for Mike H to move coaches for Watts Link too.
I have a large table to be used with pot luck.

Tags
quartzsite