Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 04:13 PM   #141

Complex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldcaster View Post
Newer RV'ers here, been lurking/reading for about a year and a half, sounds like these shows are the ticket for meeting like-minded folks and learning something about these impressively complex machines we tool around in. Would love to attend for some/all of the show. Is there a sign-up procedure? Or just show up? Pets allowed?

If you all need help with anything such as reserving places or setting things up, we are only about 90 minutes away from Quartsite so the offer is there.

Is this like a 7 day RV show? Do the manufacturers show up? Would really love to find the show where Monaco has classes/demo's on RV related topics.

Anyway, thanks in advance and we really look forward to meeting some new people.

Thank you in advance
Brian
As I understand the folks here, it's just show up. I think it might be helpful to the organizers, if you say that you are for sure showing up. They'll know how big the circle needs to be. :-) We'll be there for sure, assuming no unforeseen circumstances. You know. There's always something.
theBeav is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-04-2019, 08:17 AM   #142

We are planning to be there. Hope to arrive 17th-19th.
I will have my truck and trailer along with the MH. Will there be room to park the truck and trailer somewhere close to the group. Truck and trailer are 70 feet long and will not need any electricity or water.
From what I have read, we will not have any electricity, water, or sewer where we park, but water and sewer are available fairly close. Is that right?

Thanks, Greg
Pezetel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 10:06 AM   #143

KZ RV Club
Looks like we'll be missing the show this year. I've been fighting some health issues and I'm not quite ready to boondock yet. We hope to see you all next year.

Jerry & Marilyn
JerrySat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:01 AM   #144
R&J

Monaco Owners Club
Yes there his room.
R&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 08:33 AM   #145

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBeav View Post
As I understand the folks here, it's just show up. I think it might be helpful to the organizers, if you say that you are for sure showing up. They'll know how big the circle needs to be. :-) We'll be there for sure, assuming no unforeseen circumstances. You know. There's always something.
We plan to be there by the 18th or 19th. This will be our first time. Looking forward to it. Is there anything special we should bring?
Old 01-05-2019, 09:29 AM   #146

Ok, thanks. We will be there.

Greg
Old 01-05-2019, 01:50 PM   #147

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANDD View Post
Me again.... there is a post in the Boondocking section with info that states anyone without a previously purchased permit will not be allowed to stay in LTVA and will be cited/ticketed by law enforcement. Anybody know any thing about this? TB
I've read that as well but cannot see them ticketing / punishing people that are unable to buy a pass because the government is shut down. Assumption would be they will ticket you for the price of a pass or something along those lines, but I could be wrong. Anyone have any better information on that?
Oldcaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 01:56 PM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
I've also seen that some folks will be bringing some trail riding toys, just wondering if I should pull the car up or hook up the rock crawler and go have some fun, does anyone know if there are some good trails to go drive?
Old 01-05-2019, 02:04 PM   #149

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Thanks for letting me know the expo has been canceled. Now I'll plan to be there around rv show opening.

Have any of you done much riding around Q? I ordered a book about the local trails and another that covers the whole state. It looks like there are many easy and moderate trails but only a few challenging or difficult trails. Dad and I tend to gravitate towards the harder trails. If anyone has similar tastes I'd like suggestions on the more difficult trails or anywhere else in AZ we may want to check out. We'll likely spend 4-5 days riding around Wickenburg on way down, then Lake Havasu and onto Glammis on the way to Tulare. I'm not a big dune fan but I figured being that close to Glammis I'd check it out. Thanks
We'll go run around in our Jeep with you, the nastier the trail the better, if you're going to be down by Wickenburg, look up the back Trail to Crown King, it is a bit south of Wickenburg, there's also a great Trail area on Highway 74 by Lake Pleasant, milepost 14.5 it's an ORV area on the hieroglyphic mountain range. Lots of awesome trails and well-marked. Finally there is the Table Mesa ORV area, look up the trail called Terminator if you're really up for a challenge, would advise having spare parts LOL. Enjoy.. Message me if you want more information we live at the northwest corner of Phoenix.
Old 01-05-2019, 06:42 PM   #150

Well, rock crawlers make this trip even better. I will be bringing 2 and will be looking forward to to see some new terrain.

Greg
Old 01-06-2019, 04:55 AM   #151

Monaco Owners Club
For off-roaders, click here for a Jeep trail website with lots of Q area trails and GPS tracks that you can download in advance.

As long as the weather forecast is good for the week we'll be heading down and bringing the Polaris. Probably be there for about 4 days and looking to do some trail riding when were not walking the big tent. I recently added the app LeadNav to my iPhone and will be giving that a try for my GPS.

Looking forward to seeing the folks that were there in 2015 and making some new friends.
Old 01-06-2019, 07:16 AM   #152

Where here at la posa north with z force 800 . If you know of some good riding . Pm will go make or find some
Roadglide54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 07:26 AM   #153

Business is up by 40 percent the . The show is 12 days off and traffic is getting thick , campers are everywhere . There is no rangers or park host . It maybe free blm this year . Down the road is water and dump $5. Where I'm at the dumpster are empty . at the only blm dump station the dumpster where full last week.
Roadglide54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #154

Hello. Thinking of stopping at Monaco camp for a day or two. Are the GPS coordinates to the camp in first post?
sfeenstra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quartzsite