Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2017, 07:53 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question about air plumbing on 2006 Diplomat?

Does anyone know if the air input chuck at the front near the generator is before the air dryer or after? I would hope any air injected there goes through the air dryer before reaching the air bags and brakes but you never can be to safe with these Monaco snowflakes.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #2

Your air dryer uses 12v heating element to help dry the incoming air as to clean is for storage. Besides the air supply line going into the dryer from the compressor Should Be a braided Stainless steel line, DOT compliant. Nothing ties between the 2. Come in just after the dryer in the supply line and be sure to drain the tanks at regular intervals.
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #3

Bob, that air input Chuck goes direct to your wet tank and NOT through the air dryer.

The purpose of that input Chuck is for a class 8 wrecker to supply dry air from the wrecker to feed your air suspension system and to release the parking brakes.

Also, if your coach has an air leveling system, your ignition must be turned on and the leveling system placed in travel mode. If that can't be done, the coach can't be towed and must be put on a low boy.

Frank M
08 Dynasty
fcmcelr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:57 AM   #4

Straight to the tank, not through the dryer on mine as well. just a check valve.
Old 09-11-2017, 01:32 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt Averill View Post
Straight to the tank, not through the dryer on mine as well. just a check valve.
Thanks guys. I knew the purpose of the air chuck was for towing the coach. Was just hoping it went thru the air dryer first. I use that chuck in my garage to air up the bags without starting the engine. Guess I had better put a dryer on the air compressor.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air, plumbing