Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-14-2010, 10:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Quick THANKS to Diplomat Don

I was reminiscing about last year's stay in Quartzsite and wanted to thank Diplomat Don for the small wood gadgets that he shared. The rectangular slotted pieces of wood allow us to open the vertical sliding windows only a small bit and we've used them all summer. So small yet so helpful. Thank you also Don for the oodles of advice and help that you offer everyday on this forum.

Is anyone else starting to plan for Quartzsite in January 2011? The dates of the RV event are January 22-30.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-14-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
We're trying to book our regular spot at a campground near the RV show, but they don't take reservations until October. If we can't get in, we'll probably stay out with the rest of the group. We'll be there from Thursday evening through Monday on the last weekend of the RV show.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
Cheri and I are planning on making it, they changed the dates which should be better, we are talking about hanging around until the car show in Feb.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Depending on the weather, Ruby & I will probably be there -- I`m bringing plenty of cookies, because I have alot of work for HappyCarz -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:25 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Well, I'll be bringing all that firewood I took home last year. Now I just have to get Terry to put it in his Jeep, as I now have a Smart car and the pile of wood is bigger than the car.

Bill, I'm leaving all my tools home. Just kidding. Last year we had to rehang a entrance door that the wind caught and bent the hinges. And, then I changed 9 air dryer filters while there. Of course Bill W. had to wait until he went home and then called me to come to his house to change his. And also we had the slide topper awning tightening party, as we found many of them loose.

I had better start my diet now, because if this year is anything like last year, I know what 5 dozen cookies can do to a waistline. Last year chocolate chips were the rage, with a few Oreo's thrown in. I was amazed that so many RVers had cookies with them. And many home made. Yum.

I hope Lukea has no new gadgets this year, as I had to get an iPhone after seeing his. I figured if he could tame that thing, I could. After which, I started calling Monaco Moma "Droidless" instead of "MM" until she broke down and got a smart phone and joined the herd. See what you caused, Luke.

Hopefully, we will have some new faces joining us this year. We sure have fun at Quartszite.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 12:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Happycarz! If I remember right you and Sheryl had a few new gadgets too. And I think we owe you a few more cookies from all the tasks you preformed last year. And we probably owe a balance of something to Drifter 'cause I know he's been involved in many of the modifications to our moho. For anyone who hasn't made it to the iRV2 group event at Quartzsite, it's one big "share what ya know and help thy neighbor" festival.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Mic,
I think we are about even. Each year Rick tunes up my computer, remember. But, just in case, bake some cookies.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Jean and I will probably be at the campout this year. We have been members of this group for about two yrs. but never been to the campout. We will be at Yuma Proving Ground from the 1st part of December but will pull up stakes and come there for a while. Looking forward to meeting a lot of you, especially but not only Diplomat Don.
Bill and Jean
Old 09-28-2010, 05:21 PM   #9

My husband and I had an opportunity to meet Diplomat Don in Quartzsite last year. He is a wealth of info regarding everything to do with RVS. Not as knowledgable on RV cooking and the experience of homemade lettuce wraps on the go!!
Linda in the Meridian
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4X4
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Just so everyone knows.....Gary CA is my sister and brother-in-law. My brother-in-law does nice finish work on his motor home, usually after I design it.

My sister has a habit of buying budget food when she cooks. Her own kids still haven't forgiven her, 20 years later, for making chocolate chip cookies and using carobs in lieu of the chocolate chips. Just an example of her cost savings when cooking.

The lettuce wrap reference comes from a meal where she tried to feed my wife and I (while on a two week trip) one slice of lettuce with two tablespoons of meat as the main and only course. It was a lettuce wrap kit from Costco for two anorexic people and she tried to feed four. I ended up putting salad dressing on the tablecloth and eating it to keep from going hungry.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:33 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary CA View Post
My husband and I had an opportunity to meet Diplomat Don in Quartzsite last year. He is a wealth of info regarding everything to do with RVS. Not as knowledgeable on RV cooking and the experience of homemade lettuce wraps on the go!!
Linda in the Meridian
OMG!!!! I have met Gary CA ad Linda in the Meridian (by the way, Linda...YOU need to sign up on the forum..and I love your screen name "Linda in the Meridian"!) and I can confirm to you that Linda and Don are in fact siblings ...but I cannot confirm the fact about the lettuce wraps! Don...I am not stating it never happened..I am just saying that I was not there

I would like to get back on topic and state that Diplomat Don truly has a great wealth of information in regards to many things-including RVs and I am one of many fans...so thanks Diplomat Don for hangin' out here on the forum with us~

okay...I did just think of one pet peeve ...just why is it that you won't come hang out in the BLM area with us?? It really won't kill ya to bring your toad and drive to the "Big Tent" one year!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote