Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Shown below is the SunSaver Control Panel for our 200 watt roof Solar Panel. The panel is shipped from the factory to Monaco with the jumper (far right in photo) in place, and Monaco didn't remove it on our Camelot. If you have wet/flooded batteries, the jumper needs to be removed. It's very difficult to even see the jumper, and I didn't discover it until I took the photo. I did confirm from Monaco Tech Support that our jumper did need to be removed.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #128

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by Camelot Camper:
Did someone say Monaco doesn't have wiring diagrams?
There are no electrical diagrams available for 06 and 07 coaches that were made in Indiana. The Camelot is now an Oregon coach and did have the manual published.

I was told by April Klein that Monaco will resume publishing them for the Indiana coaches, but I don't know if 08 models have them, or if it won't happen until 09 model year. (MM, please let me know if you find them available for the O8 Dip/Endeavor. I'd like to buy one of those, if they exist.)
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:00 AM   #129

Monaco Owners Club
I tend to agree with SacsTC on the hose-question.

The physics of the design lend themselves to having the hose come over the top for easy rolling as well as when unrolling. Otherwise, it will tend to jump off on spooling up and/or be more prone to kinking/jamming since th hose has to 'pull' itself into position rather than simply lay on top of its neighbor.

Mine came with the hose from the bottom and it was frustrating - to say the least. It wouldn't stay flat and often jammed on the backside. I talked to the mfgr of the reels (TDI Products) and they said they specify the hoses (as well as the electric reel) such that the hose/cable comes over the top as they'd designed it. I flipped mine around and no problems at all now.

Not sure I understand why the reel would have more space being installed one way or another, either, unless you mean for backside access to it?

I also made that itty-bitty access hole bigger so the hose wouldn't get scraped as much on the hard/sharp plastic.

Let us know what you decide.
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:55 AM   #130

Monaco Owners Club
Ron,
Thanks for your in depth response, and I would prefer that the hose reel from the top as you suggest, but my photo from my 5:43pm post yesterday shows that the drain plumbing blocks the top aft side of the reel.

From your comments, I may be better off leaving well enough alone. I'll discuss it with the service manager before I make a final decision. Please know that your comments are weighing very heavy. Thanks again Ron.
CC
Old 01-18-2008, 06:14 AM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
I just received word from TDI Products (Todd Blaudow) who recommends the water hose reel be reinstalled so the water hose feeds from the bottom instead of the top to avoid the plumbing.

Looks like we're going with his expert advise. We'll let you if it works better or worse.
Old 01-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
On mine the 4" vertical pipe from the black tank was in front of the reel blocking half of it. The hose would wrap itself on the left side of the reel until it jammed or jumped off. I turned mine around and now it exits below the horizontal portion of the black pipe and also below the white plastic facia. No more hang-ups. I'll try to post a picture. As I have to learn how to do that, I may have to wait until I get back from Quartzite.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #133

Monaco Owners Club
Harry,
Thank you so much for your post. I was looking for someone that had the same issue. I'm really glad to hear that this fix is going to work.

CC
Old 01-20-2008, 02:06 AM   #134

Monaco Owners Club
Ahhhh-haaaa, now I see the offending pipe blocking part of the reel/hose. Guess what works, works.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:51 AM   #135

Monaco Owners Club
I posted a picture of my service bay in the pictures section. Now all I have to do is figure out how to post the picture in the body of a post. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:52 AM   #136

Monaco Owners Club
Happycarz, I'll try to help with inserting a photo in a post. This is how I do it.

Start your post and type your words. When you get ready to insert a photo (already uploaded to the iRV2 photo gallery), go to the photo, select it so it is showing as large as possible in the viewer, right click on the large photo, go to Properties, select all of the Address URL, right click and copy it (you can close that window), go to your posting and select the Display Image button second from right on the menu bar. Once you select the Display Image it will allow you to right click and paste the URL of your photo. You don't need to align image. Select the tiny OK button. You can continue typing more words. Good luck! Mic
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 PM   #137

Monaco Owners Club
Besides turning my hose reel around, I eliminated the white plastic on the right. What a pain trying to stuff the Sanicon hose through it. I used a piece of it to cover the original water exit hole.

Old 01-20-2008, 04:48 PM   #138

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to Gonefishing and Monaco Mama, I was able to post a picture per their instruction. Thank you for making it so easy. Next question. Is there a way to size it, as it seems a tad too big?

Old 01-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #139

Monaco Owners Club
Harry,
That's a good photo and also a good idea on the SaniCon panel removal. I have the same problem.

Would you please post a close up photo of the bracket that holds your SaniCon hose end vertical to the aft side of the bay. Mine has no bracket and was just tossed in on the bottom of the bay.
Thanks,
CC
Old 01-20-2008, 05:38 PM   #140

Monaco Owners Club
The Sanicon holder is just one of the old fashion spring loaded broom clamps from the hardware store. It came from the factory with it. On the left side, I installed the fresh water hose hanger to keep the hose end clean. That was from the local Ace hardware store.