Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-07-2012, 04:17 AM   #379

Red face Aladdin system

I am new her in this chat room. Own a Dynasty Bishop III 2006. Had a short sircuit in the sending unit from main DC cable close to main DC switch causing burn out of interface module beside Video control unit in dash. Navistar has terminated production of parts, and can not supply wiring diagrams anymore. Undertsand from your messages that you have qualified knowledge of Monaco systems. maybe you can help me with where to get parts and wiring diagrams? I am located in Norway and no expertice awailable her so I need to solve all problems myselv. will be happy for all help.
Regards
Heliboy
Thor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Some things I did:

* I added a manual automatically retracting water hose reel to my coach. I plumbed the water line into the utility bay with PVC and put an on/off valve (similar to the lever type for the fill/city water valve) just before a built in regulator. I added a 3' water hose to the regulator and put a brass quick connect on the other end. I put a brass quick connect on the coach water fill and one on the tank flush. Now when I connect to the campsite spigot I leave the on/off valve I installed off and turn the campsite spigot on. Back at the utility bay I disconnect the short hose from the city water fill and turn the valve on. It allows me to flush the line. I turn the valve off, connect the hose and turn on again. No runnng back and forth to the spigot. When I'm ready to dump, I turn the water valve off, disconnect city water connection and move the hose to the tank flush quick connect. Turn the valve on and flush tank (back flow valve protects water). This all makes dealing with water connections simple. The biggest thing here s to add quick connects to all of the hoses to make life easier.

* I hated how close the throttle is to the brake pedal and that they are both at the same level. I often found myself looking down to make sure I didn't have my foot on the corner of the brake pedal. I added a spacer/block to the wooden center console directly across from the throttle pedal. Now when I move my foot from the brake to the throttle I keep sliding my foot to the right until I hit the metal plate. My foot is now centered on the throttle and not catching the corner of the brake.

* I added back-uplights under the rear bumper and wired them to the docking lights.

* Changed out the headlight high and low beam bulbs to all high beam bulbs using Sylvania Silver Star

* Rplaced the stock fog lights with Hella FF lights

* Removed the screw holding the fuel filler bay doors closed and added latches. Now have access to storage above fueltank

* Removed floor in washer dryer closet and added hinge to access unused storage area.

* Added Thinlite two bulb outdoor patio light just under awning and above efrigerator access. Powered by 12v refrigerator connection. Great for lighting patio area.

* Added "Flag Pole Buddy" flag holder brackets to rear ladder to fly flag. Added a clip to the corded engine light in the engine compartment. When flag is being used I clip engine light to flagpole and illuminate flag at night.

* Added 32" Sony LCD to overhead cabinet without modifying wood....looks factory.....lightened cabinet and reduced bounce.

* Replaced front shocks with Koni's and eliminated jarring from road ruts.

* Added wireless transmitter to rear TV and front DirecTV box so DirecTV could be changed from bedroom.

* Added (plug-in) 110V switch to microwave plug so that it could be turned off when dry camping with inverter. Just flip paddle switch instead of trying to unplug.

* Changed all of the rocker switches on the dash to the new style so they're easier to read, exhaust brake switch to red.

* Added a plastic storage box to the dead area just above the nose of the generator, directly behind the generator door.

* Moved the chrome exhaust tip hose clamp around so the screw portion is out of view....cleaner look.

* Added the quick flip battery caps to make filling batteries easier and reduce battery acid venting.

* Welded a 2 1/2" wheel to the underside of the hitch receiver for dragging driveways.

* Adjusted the fuel sending unit to be more accurate.

* Added third piston to rear bed to assist in lifting. Added a bar on a hinge that drops into place when bed is up.

* Was able to acquire electrical schematics for coach on CD. Had them printed on 2' x 3' paper at Kinkos and have them onboard if needed.

* Found a piece of matching colored felt (interior colors) the size of the dinette table. Cut to fit and store in a tube. We cover the table with felt to play games such as Rummy Tile or Mexican Train.

* Added spacers behind the top of the thermostat screws to angle it down and make it easier to read. I also keep a credit card sized magnifying lens next to the thermostat so I can read it.

* Added an indoor/outdoor wireless remote to the interior. Mounted the outdoor wireless unit on the bottom of the livingroom slide. When driving it's protected. When stopped, it's in a shady place that takes an accurte reading.

Okay....is that enough stuff to start. My coach is my "Hot Rod" and I like doing projects.

September 2008...

It's quiet at work so I decided to update my list...

*Added the rear Koni FSD's

*Added a Pioneer AM/FM/XM/CD/GPS system to the dash and threw away the Magnadyne

*Bought a Gentura and then made a custom bracket to support it without attaching anything to the exterior of the coach.

*Added a wire rack high in the storage bay for more stuff.

*Added a sewer hose storage tube in the upper edge of the pass thru bay that I store my 6' collapseable ladder in.

*Changed the coolant out to O.A.T in the engine and generator.

*Replaced the HUGE rocker recliner with a more comfortable Euro Recliner.

*Adjusted the wipers on my two piece windshield so that they touch the center bar and give me more visibillity.

*Added the SMI Air Force ONe braking system.

*Bought a Sterling tow bar for my truck.

*Added the battery oil to my batteries, completely eliminating acid build up.

*Added the front windshield fans...newer version that mounts a blower in the TV cabinet and then has four ducts.

*Got rid of the cheap Camping World rear/outside thermostatically controlled refer fan and installed a 3" computer fan using the thermostat off of the old CW fan. Looks better, claner install and pushes more air from the right spots.

*Made a rack to hold/center my unmounted spare in the middle of my slide out tray still allowing me to store stuff under it and in it.

*Made a metal rack for the end of my slide tray that holds my four ZipDee chairs so they are easily accesible.

*Added a lighted handle to the front door.

*Added a second GPS near the passenger seat window that holds my portable GPS. Wife can look up nearby locations without changing in-dash GPS

*Added another wall clock to the bedroom.

***Changed the shower head to an Oxygenics....Great addition.

*Changed the tank monitor to a Vena digital monitor.

*Removed the deteriorating tow/capacity page on the back of the bathroom mirror. Ordered a new one from Monaco, placed it in a plastic sheet and glued inside a less conspicuous cabinet in the bath.

*Added the trckle charge unit to my chassis batteries.

*Added a hot lead to my towing harness to charge my tow vehicle battery.

*Cut off the trailer plug from way back on the hitch and welded it on close to the receiver opening.

Projects left to do......

Disassemble dash as much as possible and check integrity of A/C ducting.

Replace rear TV with flat panel and separate DVD player.

Mount spare under frame....
heliboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2012, 09:23 AM   #380

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Hellboy,
I recommend you re-post your question in the main Monaco forum as a new thread with the title Aladdin System you will get more responses.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 07:04 AM   #381

Another Mod completed. I have two outside chairs that have always been a pain to store. SO yesterday I installed 2 "J" hooks I found at Lowes on two of the swing out bay doors on the crub side. I used riveits to secure them. Now I can hang the folded chairs side ways on the hooks and then just close the bay doors. Works great for us. Total cost 2.39 cents and 10 min time.

George
Old 09-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #382

Damn Don, can I buy your rig from you when your done with it...I will be looking in a couple of years for a rig for myself. Yours is just the right size and sounds like it has everything a lady would need for full timing it.
Coopers Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:51 AM   #383

Monaco Owners Club
Do you find the shelves in cabinet to be too flimsy and flexes too much, to the point of breaking? I installed a 1" Aluminum channel under the shelves and voila Problem fixed. Now DW can load them up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cayman Mods 17.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	339.0 KB
ID:	27263   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cayman Mods 18.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	27264  

Name:	Cayman Mods 19.JPG
Views:	246
Size:	308.4 KB
ID:	27265  
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #384

Monaco Owners Club
Dinette table too small?

How about fitting 4 persons at the small dinette table? Here's what I did: I added aluminum channel to be able to extend the table, made a table table extension and added a removable leg. Now the table can be extended to almost 5 feet... enough for a good party!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Original.JPG
Views:	249
Size:	339.7 KB
ID:	27266   Click image for larger version

Name:	Modified.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	27267  

Name:	Cayman Mods 02.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	298.5 KB
ID:	27268   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cayman Mods 15.JPG
Views:	229
Size:	264.9 KB
ID:	27269  

Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #385

Monaco Owners Club
Under Sink Osmotic Filter

Just finished this up. I used the T off the unused Instahot for water. The electrical outlet will power the boost pump to raise Osmotic tank pressure. I bought a unit with a permeate pump to increase efficiency so there was less brine. I used the Instahot hole for the sink faucet.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Osmosis.jpg
Views:	631
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	27717   Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	27718  

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:04 PM   #386

Country Coach Owners Club
Water Pressure Regulator With Gauges For In And Out

It's good to know the water pressure as seen by the coach but I always wonder what the pressure being supplied to the regulator is. So when I installed a Valterra adjustable regulator I drilled and tapped a hole to accept a gauge on the input side of the valve. I also took the opportunity to put in a quick-detachable coupling to make hook-up go a little quicker.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 06:35 AM   #387

While at the FMCA Rally in Indy this Aug, we ordered the MCD "Gold Series" for the 5 windows in the living room and dinning area. The first set that they sent me were cut wrong, they were about 2 inches to wide. I gave them a call and they sent out new ones with in three days.(great customer service) I started installing them yesterday afternoon. I have 3 of them done and hope to complete the project tonight.
Old 10-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #388

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
While at the FMCA Rally in Indy this Aug, we ordered the MCD "Gold Series" for the 5 windows in the living room and dinning area. The first set that they sent me were cut wrong, they were about 2 inches to wide. I gave them a call and they sent out new ones with in three days.(great customer service) I started installing them yesterday afternoon. I have 3 of them done and hope to complete the project tonight.
Sounds great George. Be sure to take some photos and post them so we can see how nice they look. I keep eying those every time we go to the rally.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #389

Bob, I have a few issues with them and they are not all up yet. The first set were cut wide, they reviewed the order, and found that they had indeed cut them wrong. I had new set in 5 days shipped to the house. The customer service has been great to deal with, I was back on the phone this morning with them, I had one left to install, after hanging it and pulled it down it would not go back up, after a few phone calls and trouble shooting they are sending me yet another one on Monday. I know they have a great product and great service, but the QC/QA in mfg dept is not impressive yet!

So for now, I will hang a towel over the shadless window.

George
Old 11-04-2012, 08:44 AM   #390

Monaco Owners Club
Don, would you tell us more about your wireless stat set up?

What is the model number?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Jimd...The wireless thermostat is a Taylor that I bought at Walmart. The wireless for the DirecTv was from Home Depot. I bought oe from radio shack, but it only worked half the time.

My original TV was a 26" flat panel pictur tube type that weighed 78 pounds. The new LCD wighs 38 pounds. Knocked off 40 pounds in he overhead.

I forgot...I added those sliding baskets like digNbubbs. On my coach I was looking for two that were 12" wide so I could put them side by side under my stove. Lowes and Home Depot both had some that were either two wide, two cheap or two long. I found some really nice heavy chrome ones at the Do-It-Center, a store in California.

I also added a Sentry safe, but I ca't tell you where! :-)
Old 11-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #391

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
[QUOTE: I added aluminum channel to be able to extend the table, made a table table extension and added a removable leg. Now the table can be extended to almost 5 feet... enough for a good party![/QUOTE]

What a GREAT idea. Please tell me where you purchased that aluminum channel extension.
aztransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #392

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aztransplant View Post
[QUOTE: I added aluminum channel to be able to extend the table, made a table table extension and added a removable leg. Now the table can be extended to almost 5 feet... enough for a good party!
What a GREAT idea. Please tell me where you purchased that aluminum channel extension.[/QUOTE]

We really like that addition. I was thinking of doing a six sided table.