Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #43

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Thank you "pixies" for putting this in the top 2 forum topic!

Thanks for the tip, 007, about the cord across the front of the TV. SacsTC may have come up with something different.....if so ...I will post it also.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK...Does anyone know what this mmight be a pic of?

Give up? This was a surprise to us when SacsTC started doing the new LCD up front. Turns out we are the lucky winner to a front windshield defroster in our Diplomat...that was not on the MSRP and we were not charged for it. We have gotten a switch for it from DeMartini RV and SacsTC will be installing it soon. Once the switch is installed - I can post a pic... but that is a modification that is almost done- since Monaco did everything BUT add the switch!!

PS... SacsTC .. I did not bring CD of AVG.. just finished downloading file and am almost done loading it ... going to bed soon...
LYL....B

Old 03-25-2007, 03:21 PM   #45
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club

All the Newmars I had,had the overhead fans looks and works better than those shiny metal ones. Ours are located in a cabinet over the driver.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK...I am finally home ... glad to be here and not where I was....but of course when I got home SacsTC told me the proper term is an OVERHEAD Windshield defroster. and not a front windshield defroster!
What I like about the plastic silver ductwork in the above picture means it is the heavy duty ducting... and cuz it's NOT black...it won't hold as much heat...but luckily the stuff is not going to be seen cuz it is inside the front TV cabinet!

Old 03-28-2007, 05:28 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Dang! Y'all have been busy! I go outta town (not in the motorhome this time, bummer! Didn't sleep well at all !! <whine> ) for a few days and things change drastically... For the BETTER, I might add.
Now we got some real progress going here. Keep it up.

Hey, where's RonNBama, Flyer and Radarr these days? Y'all out having fun??

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 03:03 AM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
I stuck another post over in the Technology Section about putting my WiFi USB dongle on the end of a portable Directv dish, and getting a terrific signal about 1/3 mile away from the base. Check it out if interested.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:04 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Ron-N-Bama! Yo Dude!! Where'd ya go?? This particular thread was meant for you (and your Saw-Z-All).

And Flyer, you've had some excellent suggestions in the past. You out traveling ?

Who could forget Radarr? Too quiet, I say.

We're waiting........

Old 05-21-2007, 08:55 AM   #50

Have seen a lot of discussion about satellite TV but not much about our mod.

We have a 2006 Camelot that has the 32 inch LCD TV which is HD capable. We added a triple LNB Motosat auto-search dish and connected it to our home HDTV Directv TIVO. We then feed the TV with component inputs, and feed the audio to the sound amplifier. The Motosat has worked great, has only been blocked by trees twice in 19,000 miles of travel and it works during rainy weather.

When we are on the road we still can record all of our favorite programs in HD. We then remove and take the TIVO to our house to connect to a stationary triple LNB antenna to keep up the recording pace and watch what we have recorded.

We also added a Sirius satellite radio receiver and a hockey puck antenna on the roof so we have lots of radio channels while driving. This is the type that transmits sound wireless to your FM radio. Although Monaco claims the radio is Sirius ready, it takes a $300 receiver and an additional antenna to make it work on this coach.

We put a through glass CB antenna on to get around the unsatisfactory Monaco wimpy CB antenna.

We moved the Pressure Pro tire sensing devices from our previous coach, and a slide-out garbage bag holder ($35 at Lowes)under the kitchen counter (had to move the narrow slide-out door up a little to make this work).

We had Davis in Junction City, OR add matching computer desk and cabinets along passenger side.

We recently got a Verizon USB high speed modem (about $90 after all discounts and $60 per month). Have yet to find where Internet does not work and work fast!

In the bedroom we put a Cosco bought topper on the bed and it is great.

In the process of adding wireless doorbell and several other improvements.
jimlawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:50 PM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
jimlawman -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the forum, let me know.

Oh, and nice job on the mods. I especially like the HDTV & Tivo ideas.

Thanks!
Ron

Old 05-27-2007, 05:27 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Major Mods,

After using our 06 HR Endeavor 40 PAQ fulltime for a year we decided that we needed some improvements. When we got the coach I put a all my computer equipment into the space for the washer/dryer, after a year knew we needed a washer/dryer and I need my desk in the front of the coach. We went to Davis Cabinets in Junction City, OR to get the changes made. At the same time we worked with Sean Davis to increase our storage area.

We had a draw made for under the washer/dryer floor and put a file draw in the cabinet above the washer/dryer. In the wardrobe closet the floor is not flat there are a set of steps to clear the engine. We had them put in a flat floor on the highest step that has doors to let us store stuff under the flat floor.

In the bathroom area in the wall were the pocket door that wall is about 8" deep and there is nothing in there except for some cables in the bottom. We had them make a 24" wide by 48" high opening we had 4 adjustable shelves and two doors. This is the area where they put a medicine cabinet in the 07 PAQ.

In the front we had a corner computer desk put in the curb side slide. Under the stove we removed the divider for storing stove cover and had two full width slide out shelves added.

Once all the cabinet work was done we headed to Countryside Interiors (also in Junction City OR) to get the carpet in the front of the coach replaced with tile and the original beige carpet replaced with a muliti color Berber carpet.

We added a water softener; I put it in the propane bay and ran hoses back to the connections in the water bay. I put a two way shutoff on the input to the softener so I could run a hose to the back flush inlet that did not go through the softener. The final change was to install a LG vent less Washer/Dryer. We have been very pleased with its performance so far. It dries cloths in a reasonable time without a lot of wrinkles.

I put pictures of all of the changes in the modification picture section. Here is the link Pictures
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 12:07 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
OMG, Dave! As I type this, I think there are tears of joy running down my cheeks. I've heard of ˜kindred' spirits before, but now I know they (you) exist. It's been almost 2 years for us (we have the same 40PAQ), and we're following almost the exact same path of mods to get just that teeny-bit more storage and live-ability here-and-there.

I love your work, it all looks so perfect. Y'all are definitely proud of the ideas and rightly-so. Good job. I see y'all kept the Atrium chair; We tossed ours since it was the big overstuffed kind and was only in the way. Made plenty of room for a computer-desk, and it's so nice to do emails/etc first thing in the morning as the sun comes up thru the big windows. Life is good.

We also recently replaced the bedroom tv with a flat-screen, and the new-found space behind it is so amazing that we're having a fight as to see who can claim/fill it first.

Keep up the good work, and let us know how it all goes.

Old 05-30-2007, 02:59 PM   #54

Don-- you are obviously having alot of fun with your Dip. Can you post or send me a picture of the fuel tank latch mod? Also, how did you go about obtaining a disk of the electrical drawings?

thanks,
Jim Legler
06 Dip
jdrelgel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:31 AM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
Hi relgel -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the forum just let me know.

Thanks!
Ron

Old 05-31-2007, 05:32 AM   #56

Monaco Owners Club
I'd also be interested in hearing about that disk of drawings!