Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #1611

High temp

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestancil View Post
2005 Diplomat with Cummins. Temperature seems to always want to get to the very warm side in summer and climbing hills. Cummins cannot find anything wrong. Anyone else seen this problem?
I’ve had this problem all year, Coach did not do this before. Local diesel shop advised cleaning radiator from inside to out (from closet floor) 3-5 times, because of multiple radiator/condensing units. Seems to have worked using Simple Green for All Metals. I still don’t know how to clean the gunk from fan shroud bottom, now it’s half inch thick there!
SurfsideGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-10-2019, 05:34 PM   #1612

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestancil View Post
2005 Diplomat with Cummins. Temperature seems to always want to get to the very warm side in summer and climbing hills. Cummins cannot find anything wrong. Anyone else seen this problem?
Yes, look at my post 11/10/19
SurfsideGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:48 AM   #1613

Monaco Owners Club
Another small mod. Decided the malfunctioning Magnadyne M9900CDS radio in the dash needed replacement.

I liked the functionality of an internet connected radio with GPS and CoPilot Pro so I chose the Magnadyne M6 to work along with the ToGo Roadlink C2.

Radios seem to be a passion with folks with lots of comments in the groups about "this and that" being junk. No need to take this thread down that path.

I just wanted to show that a double DIN radio does fit into the dash and this radio came with cabling that plugged right into the coach harness. The radio also has inputs to replace the three camera backup display if need be.

Since it plays DVD's I'm thinking of removing the original home theater in the cabinet and wiring the head knocker straight to the radio. Don't use it anyway and has been unplugged for a couple of years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_radio_installed.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	266835  
Old 11-14-2019, 03:59 PM   #1614

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhughes View Post
Another small mod. Decided the malfunctioning Magnadyne M9900CDS radio in the dash needed replacement.

I liked the functionality of an internet connected radio with GPS and CoPilot Pro so I chose the Magnadyne M6 to work along with the ToGo Roadlink C2.

Radios seem to be a passion with folks with lots of comments in the groups about "this and that" being junk. No need to take this thread down that path.

I just wanted to show that a double DIN radio does fit into the dash and this radio came with cabling that plugged right into the coach harness. The radio also has inputs to replace the three camera backup display if need be.

Since it plays DVD's I'm thinking of removing the original home theater in the cabinet and wiring the head knocker straight to the radio. Don't use it anyway and has been unplugged for a couple of years.
Nice work! I wish I had room in the Beaver dash for a 2din radio. [emoji26]
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:00 PM   #1615

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:

Nice Mike. My dash is much tighter and I don't think I could get that in.

What ever happened to the BlueFire you got at QZ last year? It it up and running?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:46 PM   #1616

Quote:

Looks great Mike, nice mod/upgrade.
Old 11-15-2019, 09:19 AM   #1617

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill,

I was thinking most Monaco's had about the same amount of space in the center console. I guess not.

I did remove the home theater system. Pretty difficult getting it out. Held onto the floor of the cabinet by both Velcro and glue. Ordered 16' RCA cables from Amazon to wire the M6 to the TV in its place. Adding an outlet switch so I can kill the power to the TV when boon-docking.

The ToGo Roadlink C2 seems to work pretty well. Management software leaves a lot to be desired. It functions as a full router / Access point but they give you virtually no control over it. They won't give you the password and you must use the same device you used during the install to manage it. If that device fails you must contact them to allow you to move it to a new device.
I do like that my AT&T bill went down from $60/month to $30/month.

The BlueFire has worked just fine. Early on I complained that the boost and oil pressure had a 30 second delay in update but Bob fixed it pretty rapidly. Not sure the dial gauges do much for me. I'm used to interpreting numeric values. You can build some pretty displays if you have the time.
Old 11-22-2019, 07:03 PM   #1618

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Just finished the infamous 'Bed Box Beaver Chips Fix' !
How some members can complete this job in 3hrs is beyond me! Hell, I probably spent 1/2 hr just getting all those screws out of the piano hinge!
Learned something doing this project. The slide rollers under the foot of the bed (the one's chewing up the plywood), AND the rear most slide box roller, at the rear of this slide ( the one you can only get at from outside, under the bottom slide seal), raise the rollers, by turning the bolt Counterclockwise!
Couple of years ago I made an adjustment on this roller by turning the adjustment bolt clockwise, thinking I was raising the slide. Now I know, I was lowering it even more !!!!
Old 11-22-2019, 09:50 PM   #1619

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Just finished the infamous 'Bed Box Beaver Chips Fix' !
How some members can complete this job in 3hrs is beyond me! Hell, I probably spent 1/2 hr just getting all those screws out of the piano hinge!
Learned something doing this project. The slide rollers under the foot of the bed (the one's chewing up the plywood), AND the rear most slide box roller, at the rear of this slide ( the one you can only get at from outside, under the bottom slide seal), raise the rollers, by turning the bolt Counterclockwise!
Couple of years ago I made an adjustment on this roller by turning the adjustment bolt clockwise, thinking I was raising the slide. Now I know, I was lowering it even more !!!!
Ben,

When I did this fix a few years ago, I found the whole bed frame was loose from the slide. Perry had a good write up on attaching the frame to the slide using elevator bolts. I also ran into the problem that when monaco built my bed frame, the forward inboard roller was not supporting anything when I pulled the slide all the way in. I extended the framing under the bed and all seems good now.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 10:00 PM   #1620

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yeah, I hunted down, and reviewed Perry's thread ( with pic's ), before I started. Made it easy!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/driv...de-325546.html
Old 11-23-2019, 06:26 AM   #1621

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Yeah, I hunted down, and reviewed Perry's thread ( with pic's ), before I started. Made it easy!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/driv...de-325546.html

Glad my post was helpful!
Old 11-23-2019, 04:27 PM   #1622

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
I know. It's a plot to make us Newmar owners think all the Monaco's are perfect.
They were perfect when they were built in Oregon, not so much now
Old 11-23-2019, 08:31 PM   #1623

Monaco Owners Club
While I do love my Oregon built Monaco I would say the build was very good for a motorhome but far from perfect.
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 01:31 PM   #1624

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
While I do love my Oregon built Monaco I would say the build was very good for a motorhome but far from perfect.
It’s embarrassing to see the craftsmanship in the new ones. It’s all about quantity, not quality now days. Sad!