Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-20-2012, 07:20 AM   #1

R4R ride

I would like to know if any one has a smoth ride with a 4 air bag chassie and if any one knows if there is a good shop in eastern north carolina where you can purchase and or have the source engineering ride enhansment installed, thank you for your time.
jaybuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2012, 10:25 AM   #2

We have the Sourde ride enhancement kit on out coach which is on the R4R chassis. It is a much soother ride than factory, and I can drive the coach with one hand now. However, it is prone to bottoming out easier on larger dips in the road. Before going to the expense of the REK, I would suggest trying new shocks and having your ride height checked first. These changes can make a considerable difference in handling from my experience with the R4R chassis.

Mike H
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

Jaybuff
I have an 07 neptune which is on the rr4r chassis. I never had any problem with driving my coach but after reading on here about some complaining of a rough ride i figured i would look into it. I had the trailing arms replaced a couple of years ago. Earlier this year i installed new bilstein shocks and readjusted the ride heights. I then had new michelin tires installed since the goodyears aged out and had an alignment done. I also had dynabeads installed in the tires. After all this, i think my coach rides fairly well. I never had a problem with driving as i usually drive with only one hand. I can say my ride has significantly improved, but i am sure it is not as well as 8 bag chassis and higher dollar coaches. My last 2 coaches were gas chassis so imho it is much better than those. As far as the rek, i think tonys rv in columbia sc installs them as they did my trailing arms. But that may be too far drive for you as i am in central nc. Also, when i spoke with source about the rek that it is not difficult to install but time consuming. Eirher way hope this helps and if you have any other questions i would be glad to try and help.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 06:45 PM   #4

R4R

I was informed to put Koni shocks on it, a steering stabilizer and maybe a anti sway bars on the rear. I have to much free play.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:19 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Install "anti sway bars" on the front also. I have a ZO6 2002 show car. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
JSW

I had the Source trailing arms and the REK installed on my 04 HR Ambassador by Iron Horse in San Antonio. It made a significant difference in the ride and handling. The REK includes new shocks (Bilsteins), new and larger air bags, new and bigger air tubes for the air bags, and adjustments to ride height. It was expensive, but I feel safer and less stressed at the end of a day of driving. One improvement I notice; clothes do not fall from the closet rod in the back now.
JSW is offline   Reply With Quote