Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-12-2014, 08:17 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Chad,

Glad to hear you like them. If I was home in Apex, I would invite you over... but I'm in Myrtle Beach!

Safe driving,

Ron
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-12-2014, 08:30 PM   #30

No problem. I'm glad you are out enjoying your coach. You must be there hanging out with all the bikers. We made the trip to raleigh for wedding saturday. We ended up just staying at the Walmart in Siler city Saturday night. I was running behind getting the rek done so we didn't leave til Saturday noon. It was pleasant hitting bumps and not having a hard crash afterwards.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #31

Update
Old 07-01-2014, 01:41 PM   #32

[QUOTE=onechaddude;2118498]Update. Had an alignment at josams this morning. Only been for short drive to campground from their shop but so far MUCH better. Wander and steering tightness are so much better now. Not a cheap process but I feel like it made a huge difference in the drive of the coach.

Chad
Old 07-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #33

Update
Old 07-01-2014, 01:57 PM   #34

Sorry guys about the extra posts. I use my smartphone on the irv2 app and since a new update about 3 weeks ago it occasionally crashes and messes what you are typing up. I have sent reports to the app makers but so far no luck.

Chad
Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #35

Chad
Did you get a four corner weighing at Josams?
Old 07-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Chad
Did you get a four corner weighing at Josams?
Yes Frank I did. I am like you and am heavy on the passengers side as well. Not quite as bad as you though. I'm only about 1700 pounds heavier. I'm gonna move some stuff around to help with that. Fortunately I am covered by the weight rating of the tires with the air I am running. On the good side the fronts were almost identical weights. I can drop the air pressure down on the front some too, I am running factory pressures but really running way too much. I think I will bump the back up about 5 psi as a safety margin. I was really surprised that I was that far under the gvwr of my chassis. We are loaded as heavy as ever since we are on a 16 day trip. I thought the DW was gonna bring everything from the house not bolted down.

Chad
Old 07-02-2014, 06:46 AM   #37

Chad
Thanks, that helps me also. Some pretty smart folks have been suggesting my ride height might be off and 'transferring' some of the rear weight. Your heavy rear is some confirmation of my view (since I have measured the ride height numerous times and found it okay side to side) that its just a poorly designed (but great for us 'upstairs') unit as far as side to side weight is concerned. Let us know if you are successful at moving things around. I hope you mean 'upstairs' as I could not find much, if anything, to move around in the basement. We still love our arrangement 'upstairs' and have a fine handling coach (may not rival an MCC 8 or 10 bagger, but didn't pay for that, either). Its too bad MCC didn't build it right on their line, but then we probably could not have afforded it, then. Ignorance is not bliss, its just ignorance. Life is good.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnwalter View Post
Chad
Thanks, that helps me also. Some pretty smart folks have been suggesting my ride height might be off and 'transferring' some of the rear weight. Your heavy rear is some confirmation of my view (since I have measured the ride height numerous times and found it okay side to side) that its just a poorly designed (but great for us 'upstairs') unit as far as side to side weight is concerned. Let us know if you are successful at moving things around. I hope you mean 'upstairs' as I could not find much, if anything, to move around in the basement. We still love our arrangement 'upstairs' and have a fine handling coach (may not rival an MCC 8 or 10 bagger, but didn't pay for that, either). Its too bad MCC didn't build it right on their line, but then we probably could not have afforded it, then. Ignorance is not bliss, its just ignorance. Life is good.
Frank. Completely agree. I could not have afforded it either. My "moving" things around was talking about my tools and folding bikes and such. My driver side I have hoses cables and cords and such since that's the side everything is connected to, you know to save steps. Therefore everything else (I.e. heavy stuff) gets put on curbside. Since I'm not grossly over I don't think it's terrible and like you have plenty of tire to carry it it's not the end of the world. Also remember if you move 50 lbs of weight you are actually moving 100 since it will add to the other side. At least that's how I would see it. Anyway, I try not to worry too much and just enjoy it.

Chad

Tags
ride enhancement