Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rain water deflector on slide

What was dry for 5 years is now leaking during heavy rain: my bedroom slide (the forward wall of same...next to the powder room). I've checked "all the usual suspects" (roof seal; bathroom fan seals; slide seals) with no detectable faults.

Staying here in Foley, AL for a week, I noticed that my neighbor's 2007 HR had a mini rain-gutter of sorts (made of rubber). Near the base, each slide had this "gutter" glued on, at about a 25-degree angle, to help deflect water away from the coach.

I'd like to install these on my bedroom slide to see if it helps reduce my problem. Anyone seen these for sale somewhere?
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-04-2011, 01:16 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Camping World sells a gutter for the top of the windshield. It can be cut to length and will work the same as the Monaco installed gutter.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Robi.1014 I live in Foley, and also had that leak on my 01 Diplomat. Will be happy to look at your slide if you wish and show you what caused mine to leak. Could be the slide seal (second time it leaked) or the slide exterior was worn which caused the first leak. Give me a call at 251-233-9227 if you want me to take a look. Batten down for the weather tonight.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 09:09 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rex,
I'll give you a call Tuesday to coordinate. As I write this, we're REALLY getting hammered here at Johnny's. I've pulled the slide in ... which in the past has kept the carpet dry.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:20 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
We had a 2001 Ambassador 38 pb Triple until last year. The bedroom slide leaked also, under certain conditions. On the inside edge of the exterior of both the front and rear wall of the slide is a channel that is attached to the slide but not sealed. I fought this for several years under certain conditions. I ran a bead of silicone between the two, and it is not easy as it is inside the seal area, and that took care of it, and I added the same rain trough they you are talking about. I also had to do some work on the outer seals where they overlap at the upper corners of the slide. They did not overlap correctly and allowed water to get behind them and run down the channel that I had to seal, hence the need for the water trough coming to the outside. Did not have any leaks after doing those things on the slide out. Also, part of a different situation, check the bolts on both air conditioners, ours loosened up and caused some other water difficulties. Hope this may help, let me know if I can offer some additional information. Happy Trails Bert
Old 04-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks all for your suggestions. Also, Rex stopped by today and gave me some good pointers. So I'll undertake the improvements...and then wait for a good, extended rain (boy: I thought I'd never say that).
Old 04-21-2011, 06:53 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Rex,

FYI, the MoHo experienced a significant rain while we were in High Point NC. I used the jacks to make the RV lean to the left (making us sleep in a heads-down position), and in this case, the bedroom carpeting did not get wet.

Also, I stopped by a few RV stores on the way home, and no one sold the "rain gutter" discussed above. But I'm still looking!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Go to Campingworld.com and seach for "rain gutter" and you will get a 10" and 50" roll, it also comes in black, polar white and off white. You can do a google search and may come up with other sources. The name is EZE RV Gutter. There are other sources also. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
Old 04-23-2011, 09:10 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Take a look HERE. It looks like the drip rail used on my Camelot.

On edit: Oops! I went to the product page and they have 250 foot minimum. That sucks.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dampness, leak, rain, slide