Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #1

Raising tag axle height

Has anyone found it necessary to increase the tag axle raised height ? My tag tires have excessive ware on the outside edges.Is it easy for a shop to do ? Thanks
Tom&Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2013, 05:11 PM   #2

I have the exact make,year, model and engine as you do. But I have to wonder why you think the raised height has anything to do with tire wear? But for whatever its worth mine raises approx 2-3 inches maybe more. But I am sure Mike Canter will chime in with the real reason or cause of action here shortly as he has the same thing in a Signature configuration.
boaterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:19 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
I thought most (almost all) tags had increased wear do to the scrub when maneuvering. I know mine are a little beat up but not to the point the tire will need replacing before the others. Age will do all of mine in.
Old 05-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #4

Boterok. My
Tires do not raise off the ground
Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Marie View Post
Boterok. My
Are you saying you don't have the option to raise the tag with the tag selector/toggle switch or that when you raise the tag, they don't go off the ground. You can adjust the chains so the wheels will come off the ground and I can't imagine that your coach doesn't have that tag lift switch that dumps the air for the tag to lift.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:06 PM   #6

When I toggle the switch and get the chime I can see some weight lifted off the tires but the tire does not lift off the ground
Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ok. That's all good. You just need to adjust the chain length. I think Mike has done this and should chime in shortly as to the easiest way to do it. Mine is adjusted so that the tires clear the ground by about 1/2" and it sure does make maneuvering into a tight space very easy. I guess you know that you can also adjust the down pressure on the tag to put more or less weight on that axle. As a result of the pressure you select, the weight on the front/steer axle is also affected.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom&Marie View Post
Boterok. My
Sounds like just an adjustment thing as I said your coach is identical to mine and they lift way off the ground. But yes if they don't lift they will scrub quiet a bit on sharp turns of course they only lift in 1st gear and when you get to second gear or maybe a certain mph they will automatically go back down.
boaterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:40 PM   #9

Ding, ding. My tag tires did not raise off the ground when I first had my Sig. So I tightened the chains that lift them one link at a time until i could just barely spin the tires by hand. It was pretty easy to do. It is dark now but I will look at it tomorrow and refresh my memory. I think there was an obvious bolt on the chain that hooks to the tag. I raised the air suspension and rolled under and did it. I get some weird looks when I raise them and drive. People always run up and tell me they are not moving.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #10

Thanks Mike appreciate your input