Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Ramco Mirror Removal

In the safety of a secure storage lot, the guy next to me broke my driver side mirror. It will need to be replaced. he did a good job. I can't figure out how to remove the mirror from the coach. I want to save him a few bucks if I can replace the mirror myself.

I really don't want to drive it 30+ miles without a mirror.

I guess I hope that someone has had the same mis-fortune and can give me some help

thanks in advance
Don
PizzaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 PM   #2
JFC

Monaco Owners Club
I had to go about 1,000 miles with my right hand morror held on with duct tape. I had to order one from Ramco and have it shipped to my stop a week down the road. The mirror and ball assembly cost about $500. I didn't need the arm replaced. I don't have the coach here, but if I rmemeber correctly there is an allen screw under the mirror that releases the mirror assembly, and a bolt cover that provides access to the bolt that holds the arm to the coach. There is an electrical connector in the arm that releases the mirror controls.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:24 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine broke at the ball and at the arm. I called Ramco and it is 599 + shipping. I did notice the bolt cover but I didn't have the right tools to remove the cover. I will make another attempt tomorrow. Thanks for the advice. I think I have it solved.

Don
Old 12-03-2009, 06:50 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Just remove the plastic bolt covers and use a large Phillips screw driver ( note the screw position on the mirror so you can install the new in the same position, the screw hole is slotted) You will need some to hold the mirror while you unplug it, should be plenty room to pull the wire and plug out the hole under the mirror to get to the plug.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #5

I broke the passenger side. Ramco had the unit in stock. Had to give them the model number as there are a couple of different mirrors.
Unplug the wire harness from inside the generator compartment. Pop off the cap with your pocket knife. There is a 9/16 bolt you un bolt and the mirror comes off. I couldn't buy just the mirror. I broke the arm and I had to get the complete assembly. It was about $800.
PR
promine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 12:43 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to all --- I removed the remains of the mirror today. It was a 9/16 bolt. I thought it was going to be a lot harder to remove. There seems to be a big difference in price. I called Ramco and they gave me a 553.26 plus shipping price. Mine has the turn signal on the outside of the mirror and I guess that is a cheaper one.

thanks again