RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2019, 07:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Rear Camera and housing

Hi all, This is Mich Bill.
We have a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV built 5/2008 in Oregon. It has a camera system consisting of four cameras. Inside, two side and one rear. A rotating selection switch accesses all. My rear camera is not working. I get a blank screen with the words no signal. I climbed up to look at it, and there is housing around it. It looks like you can pop the housing off, but when I tried, it seems that is not correct. I could pry about the thickness of the screwdriver, but that was it. It seemed like it was held by a spring.
I have two questions:
1. Does anyone know how to get the housing off?
2. Does anyone know what the replacement camera would be?
Thank you
Bill

Michbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2019, 08:00 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, i was literally about to ask the same question today. My camera works, but is stuck in the farthest "rotation up" point. I spent about 10 minutes trying to get it off the other day, but it was raining and gave up.

s@ndm@n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 10:16 AM   #3

For a replacement try RV cams in Baton Rouge. That's where I got one for our 07 Signature.

Maybe post some pictures of the housing,

2007 Signature Noble III 45' ISX 600 HP
Jetskier50 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 06:37 AM   #4

I have an '09 Dynasty and was able to access the rear camera by going into the rear closet and found that there is a access panel there....removed the screws and was able to access the rear of the camera from inside of the closet.

Hope this helps.
Gary LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 03:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
rear camera

Thank you all .Gary LS you are right. My camera is accessed by a panel in the rear closet. I will get in there and check the camera and order from RVCams.com. Tim from there has a 07 HR and suggested the closet.

Thanks Bill
Michbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #6

Camera Housing Removal

OK, I know how to get to it inside but how do you get it out? It looks like it may be glued in with about a 1/2 tube of Dicor. Before I start cutting and prying, am I correct?
THANKS in advance...
stockcar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 06:18 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Another source is Tadibrothers.com
Old 03-22-2019, 07:06 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockcar57 View Post
OK, I know how to get to it inside but how do you get it out? It looks like it may be glued in with about a 1/2 tube of Dicor. Before I start cutting and prying, am I correct?
THANKS in advance...

I have a ‘98 HR Imperial and I replaced the rear camera (plus added sides and forward) when I did it.
Yes - the rear camera was indeed mounted with a “dicor type” product.
Wiring was accessible from inside - as I’m pretty sure most coaches (should) be.
The camera itself should be accessible behind something that is removable from the outside. On mine, you have to remove a rather large (apx 2’ x 3’) panel that includes the “see through” plexiglass. Then, there’s another panel within that cavity/space that houses the camera itself, which is (as mentioned) secured with a rather stubborn sealant.
My cable from front to back was a beast - 8 twisted pars and 4 double shielded pairs!
If I were to do it again, I would add some sort of condensate compensation (fan or heater) to that aforementioned cavity...utilizing some of that spare wiring!
Old 03-22-2019, 11:58 PM   #9

Thanks !!!

That's what I thought but in case I was wrong I didn't want to make a mess of things. THANKS again.
stockcar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 06:32 AM   #10
YC1

Before you spend money on a camera did you swap input leads to the monitor? It could be as simple as no power getting to the camera.

I have a 2008 Endeavor and the original housing was sealed around the edges and it took some careful cutting with a razor to free it up. There is two obvious screws on my housing that hold it in place too.

That said, my camer tilted down far enough to read my license plate or nearly it seemed. It would not look past the rear of my toad so changing lanes had to rely on mirrors only and a quick moving passer could sneak up in a glance.

The mount had to be modified inside but now it looks back and can see as far as the horizon. Much better and it still will look down to see the hitch if needed.

Happy trails.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 02:37 AM   #11

Click here to search a good camera: haloview
jay2333a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:35 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Bill,

Is it a Sony Camera?

Bsmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags