Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2018, 08:46 AM   #1

Remote door lock, and baggage doors.

Okay, you have all been helpful solving issues or learning how everything works on this new to me bus.

Next question, the remote locks work for the door only, the manual says it should be locking the baggage doors also. It does not. I also don't have a key that fits the doors. I have one remote fob and one key, so getting duplicates is on the list.

I'd like to get the baggage door locks working with the fob, and get a new code set for the keypad in the handle. Anyone able to point me in the right direction for making the electric locks go on the baggage doors, or how to set a new code for the keypad? I do know where the module is for the remote locks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-22-2018, 09:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
I have a couple questions for you.

Is it a 3 or 4 button fob? What brand of keyless entry do you have? If you don't have a manual you can give them a call. I had issues with getting the correct code in my 06 and contacted Trimark I think. The guy on the phone was great. The system was old and obsolete but he new all about it. Fixed me right up.

The remote control box in my rig is in the dash access in front of the steering wheel. It has the program buttons on it. Look around for the antenna wire and red diode.

Good luck, hope it is not the four button fob they are non existent, I couldn't find one that would work anyway.
Old 05-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #3

Remote locks

My 2002 Monaco Windsor did not come with any key fobs and I'm told they are obsolete and nonexistent. I bought a $15 aftermarket setup on eBay and I'm wiring it into the original system to work the original door lock actuators.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanBee View Post
Okay, you have all been helpful solving issues or learning how everything works on this new to me bus. Someone on here previously posted the directions to reset the door locks.

Next question, the remote locks work for the door only, the manual says it should be locking the baggage doors also. It does not. I also don't have a key that fits the doors. I have one remote fob and one key, so getting duplicates is on the list.

I'd like to get the baggage door locks working with the fob, and get a new code set for the keypad in the handle. Anyone able to point me in the right direction for making the electric locks go on the baggage doors, or how to set a new code for the keypad? I do know where the module is for the remote locks.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:23 AM   #4

You could set it up so that the entry door lock circuit would also operate the baggage compartment doors. You would probably have to put a relay in the circuit because of how much current the extra locks would require. That would be best of course to try to reprogram it.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 11:24 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my 05 to lock the cargo and front door punch in 555

To unlock punch in my code and 9 at the end to unlock all doors

The reset button is under the passenger armrest cup holder. Small button on a yellow wire

From my manual:

To Program a Personal Number:
1. Located under the co-pilolet cup holder is the
Programming Switch, identified by a small black button
with 22-gauge wires connected: Yellow is power -
Black is ground.
2. Press the Programming Switch until four (4) rapid
beeps are audible.
3. To open the memory for accepting the personalized
Master Code, enter 1119 on the keypad at the entry door.
4. Enter the new 3 to 8 digit master unlock code within five seconds.
5. Wait five seconds for two (2) rapid beeps.
6. Test the new Unlock Code.
7. If the code was not accepted, repeat the procedure.

On the 4 button remote:
Lock and unlock on the top row only do the front door

I and II work for the cargo doors
1CoolZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
My 04 dynasty had the same system as referenced above. The Trimark system in my 08 navigator is entirely different. It has numbers 1234 with 1 labeled lock. I could not find the connector under the passenger armrest to short two wires together to get into the programming mode. Fortunately the previous owner remembered four of the five numbers in the code to activate...Did not take long to figure out the fifth number. My 4 button fob has the following # on it...E13 TV2 6262-EPOBI.

The key for the basement bays is a Trimark double-sided key with 1050 on it and the other for engine door lock has 1145. The gas doors are the common RV CH 75.
There are sellers on eBay who will cut Trimark key codes from 1101 to 1150 and 1001-1050 for $7-10. No guarantee your keys are the same but as common as the CH 75 is there’s a good possibility they are the same.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 06:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
My '05 Beaver (Monaco) has the Essex system. The exterior keypad has a programming button near the passenger seat (in my case, I have to remove the magazine rack next to pass seat), but that button on the yellow wire is only to program the exterior keypad.

There is another control unit under the dash for the remote control. This one has a button (they call it a Valet button) and an LED light. You have to press the button until the light flashes then push the button on the remote to have control box learn the code.

On my coach there is a removable panel on top of dash. The control box is under that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	207.0 KB
ID:	203921  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #8

progress was made

So I reset the door authority code, reset the unlock codes last night and that all works. I can lock and unlock with the grab handle keypad now.

Now I either need to tag the baggage doors in with the front door lock, or figure another way to lock them. There is no key code on the baggage doors lock cylinders. I can not figure out how to lock them with the grab handle keypad, and my fob has lock unlock for the entry door and horn and Aux buttons.

I tried flipping the switch for the baggage door operation but no go. I don't see an option for locking the baggage doors with the keypad.

I see all the wires hooked up for the horn chirp,headlights etc but none of that is working either, not sure if I care though. Maybe a dome light on delay might be nice.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
So I reset the door authority code, reset the unlock codes last night and that all works. I can lock and unlock with the grab handle keypad now.

I tried flipping the switch for the baggage door operation but no go. I don't see an option for locking the baggage doors with the keypad.

I see all the wires hooked up for the horn chirp,headlights etc but none of that is working either, not sure if I care though. Maybe a dome light on delay might be nice.

Thanks for all the help.
You never said what kind of system you have. That would probably help a lot. I know how the Essex keypad and wireless unit work, but not the Trimarks.

On mine (03 with Essex keypad), there is no separate 'lock' command for the baggage doors; they lock with the entry door by keypad or keyfob remote.
The baggage doors unlock by hitting the 9 button after entering the unlock code.
The keyfob remote is set to use the Trunk button to unlock the baggage doors.

In all cases, the remote functions are providing a ground signal to actuate solenoids in the front electric bay that power the lock actuators.
Old 05-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #10

Sorry, it is a Trimark system.
Old 05-25-2018, 01:13 PM   #11

On my 05 Camelot with Trimark system 1/2 after code unlocks door only, 3/4 unlocks door and all basement doors. 1/2 only locks all

Russell
05 Camelot
12 wrangler
sweethome45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:18 PM   #12

I have the e-grab handle with 1-4 and a doorbell. From what I have found so far there's no way to operate basement door locks from that unless I missed something. I did get a new 4 button fob in the mail today with the cargo lock and unlock buttons. I will program it on Monday, wish me luck.

The fob I had had only lock unlock, panic/horn and aux.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:47 PM   #13

Quote:
I have the e-grab handle with 1-4 and a doorbell. From what I have found so far there's no way to operate basement door locks from that unless I missed something. I did get a new 4 button fob in the mail today with the cargo lock and unlock buttons. I will program it on Monday, wish me luck.

The fob I had had only lock unlock, panic/horn and aux.

Let us know how that goes, thinking of ordering new fobs. The one I have just unlocks door and bay door combo press.
Old 05-29-2018, 09:40 AM   #14

Programmed the new FOB last night and it works as well as the one I had. The entry door locks and unlocks.
I checked the output for the baggage doors and it does work, so I removed one of the latches and the lock actuator. The actuator is melted/frozen up. I ordered 8 new ones on Amazon last night for $9 for a pair. I am only assuming that is why that all the doors with an actuator the key wont even turn. It was too hot to take all the latches out to check the actuators.

I read a post about the actuators melting, but don't remember what caused it.

Tags
door, doors, remote