Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Removing J Lounge ?

Do the passenger door and screen have to be taken off in order to get the J Lounge out of a Monaco? Ours is worn out and was never very comfortable so I'm going to replace it with a swivel captains chair. For now, I just need to get the J Lounge out and before I try (and tweak my back) I'd like to know what needs to be temporarily taken out/off to make room to get the old lounge out the door.

Thanks.
broadrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2018, 04:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I got it out. Removed the passenger captains chair and then removed the frame support beneath the lounge which allowed it to hook it's way out the door.

Thanks anyways. Suppose it will end up in my kids play house

Now I get to go shopping for a new captains chair to replace the lounge.
Old 08-26-2018, 11:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We took ours out about two weeks ago. We just dismantled it. It came apart in five pieces. Took us about an hour.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbyjig View Post
We took ours out about two weeks ago. We just dismantled it. It came apart in five pieces. Took us about an hour.
Ditto on the dismantle. Especially if you are not going to re-use and don't have to re-assemble.
Old 08-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
What are you planning on replacing the J Lounge with? I need suggestions for swivel captains chairs.
Old 08-27-2018, 11:09 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We have a new dog so for the time being we are using the space for a dog kennel. Eventually we will probably put in an entertainment center.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:56 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubbyjig View Post
We have a new dog so for the time being we are using the space for a dog kennel. Eventually we will probably put in an entertainment center.
That's exactly why I removed ours. We're taking our new two Golden Retriever puppies with us to Michigan next month and I'm using the space for their kennel. Just not sure I want to re-install the J Lounge because it was never comfortable anyways. We typically just placed our luggage on it.
Old 08-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Funny
Our new puppy is also a Golden Retriever
Old 08-29-2018, 08:26 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
They're great dogs... All the best to you. Safe travels.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180827_191946.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	216827
Old 08-29-2018, 11:35 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I took ours out when we bought the new coach and traded it for a recliner and had a custom desk made for computer and printer etc. Only problem is the recliner can rub on the window valance so I have to be careful. 14 yrs now and no problems.

A couple of guys from the shop we bought the recliner from got everything in and out without moving or removing anything.
Old 08-29-2018, 02:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun View Post
They're great dogs... All the best to you. Safe travels.Attachment 216827

Goldens are such great dogs, but I'm biased. Someone told us you can tell the color they'll be when adults by the color of their ears and if that's true looks like your will be the darker red color like ours.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 02:26 PM   #12

We have three Goldens that let us live with them Two Ladys and one old guy who was a rescue. Best dogs ever! Have owned Goldens for 50 years................won't have anything else
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:25 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
They are great. This is our 5th one.

Safe travels
Old 08-30-2018, 04:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kketterling View Post
Goldens are such great dogs, but I'm biased. Someone told us you can tell the color they'll be when adults by the color of their ears and if that's true looks like your will be the darker red color like ours.
This is true. Ear color tells the tail LOL!!!
Woof!!!!
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote