RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #1

We want to remove the front TV on our 2003 Monaco Windsor. I have taken the cover off but I am unable to pull the TV out. I figure that there is something very simple that I am missing and some one will tell me the secret. The back TV came out without any problems. However, the front TV appears to be mounted on a piece of plywood cut about 1/16" smaller than the opening and will not come out. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Meandering Retiree is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2008, 10:31 AM   #2

We want to remove the front TV on our 2003 Monaco Windsor. I have taken the cover off but I am unable to pull the TV out. I figure that there is something very simple that I am missing and some one will tell me the secret. The back TV came out without any problems. However, the front TV appears to be mounted on a piece of plywood cut about 1/16" smaller than the opening and will not come out. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #3

Just a guess but I would think the TV is mounted to a metal wall plate which is mounted to the plywood. I would look at the back of the plywood and see if there were some screws I could remove,which I think would let the TV and mounting plate come out the front.Then you should be able to remove the mounting plate from TV.Go to 1st page of forum click on find type in TV up grade then search.There are several topics with photo that should help you understand how to remove.
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure about the windsor or the 2003, but in a 2002 diplomat/endeavor there is a single drywall screw that goes up into that piece of plywood from below. Look near the center of the bottom of the cabinet.

Also be VERY careful of the mounting of the metal plate to the back of the TV. Those screws strip very easily and if they do, the entire TV can fall out. (which ruins the tv, the cabinet, and the dash below - OUCH!) Just what you don't want to have happen when the wife is heading down the on ramp to I-5 on her first long solo trip. (I was short on vacation, flew to join her at the destination)
Old 09-23-2008, 05:18 AM   #5

Yep one screw under the cabinet and 2 into the back of the TV that hold on the metal plate. My wife held the Tv in place when everything came apart on a rough road. No fun. Replaced it with a new LCD that weights about 10 lbs.
Joe and Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 03:29 PM   #6

Meandering Retiree,
Just saw this post so my response may be of no help to you but I will post in hopes it does.
We have 2004 HR Ambassador and I replaced the up front old TV and replaced it with a flat screen high definition.
To answer your question about whats holing it in. On ours there is a metal frame inside the wood cabinetry that the tv sat on and was mounted to via three very long large metal screws that went through the metal frame work into a metal bar that was attached to the tv itself. The screws were accessed by taking the vented door off the back of the cabinet. That old tv was heavy, 80 lbs if I remember correctly but it wasn't going anywhere the way it was mounted.
As previous posters have mentioned be careful when you do remove the mounting screws. I did it by myself just investigating and it just about flipped out when I took the screws out.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:47 PM   #7

I went out to the shed and checked the suggestions that I have received. There are no vents to access the area behind the TV. There are only holes through which the cords have been run. If I have the time this evening, I intend to follow the suggestion of a previous poster and do a search. Thanks to those who posted and I am still open to suggestions. Peace!
Old 09-26-2008, 08:01 AM   #8

I called Monaco and, although it took a while to get the correct response as the techie had to ask for help, his answer was the same as many of yours, remove the screws and everything will come out. Well, the only screws were holding up the speaker for the surround sound so I took them out, pulled on the TV and out it came. DW undid the wiring for me and, for now, we are going to set a 32" HD on a shelf on the dash. Eventually, we want to have a local Mennonite cut down the cabinet so we can place the TV on a wall mount in the cabinet. Thanks to all of you for your response.