Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-17-2012, 07:30 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Replace carpet in bedroom area????

The wife would like to get rid of the carpet in the bedroom area. She wants to replace it with some other type of flooring. What have some of you done, any pictures? Thanks for any help

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I'm in the process of replacing my bedroom carpet with Tiger wood flooring from HD. Almost done and it looks terrific. If you are going to Quartzsite I will be there and be glad to show the end results to you. deSanford

deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:22 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks desanford, won't make it to Quartzsite but would love to see some pictures. Thanks again.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
OK I will be working on the finished "product" this coming Saturday, and will take my camera to shoot a few pictures. Most of the carpet came up easily .......some of it is glued onto the fiberglass covering up part of the engine compartment. I put a piece of 1/4" plywood over that area glued down with liquid nails. That way I have something to shoot the thin nails into when I put the wood floor planking over it. I went to a marine hardware store to pick up one of those chrome "eyelet" things used to pull up hatches on a boat. I used it to pull up the engine cover in front of the rear closet. Linda and I travel with our three kids (cats). Their private is located under the foot of the king size bed. When they get finished doing their thing some of the sand that sticks to their feet would end up on the carpet and it was necessary to vacuum the carpet each day. Now when we sweep the tile floor we can just sweep the wood floor in the bedroom. The vacuum can now stay in the garage instead of the rear closet. When I took out the carpet under the dinette I also put in the wood flooring. No carpet to vacuum to get the food crumbs out of. Pulled out the sofa with the air mattress and removed the carpet there and installed two very nice Flex steel rocker swivel recliners. There is some pictures somewhere of that mod on this IRV2 site. Have to take care of this MH as the DW said " I will have to do the rest of my motor homing in this rig." deSanford
Old 12-22-2012, 10:33 AM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks deSanford, looking forward to the pictures. I sent you a PM
Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Got the PM Ultratravler. I will take my camera with the flash to get the pictures. My old cell phone camera just doesn't do it. My son's new cell phone is AMAZING it can do panoramas etc. deSanford
Old 12-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I used allure from Home Depot I had pictures on Web shots, but had to remove.

Okrver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
replace