Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #127

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
Our Samsung had enough plastic tubing for the ice maker that between it and the old line for the Norcold I could place them under the fridge in the space that is the cold air return, central vac and LP monitor. I bought fittings to connect it to a garden hose connection and put a shut off between the two so it can be shut off inside if the fridge ever has to come out.

Be aware something that Kix informed me of. The ice maker is not automatic. It will continue to make ice and overflow the bin if you don't press the "ice off" button on the panel on the top.
Our coach already has a shut off valve on the inside of the coach under the frig where the furnace is. What I was referring to was to be able to replace the ice maker solenoid valve if it goes bad without needing to remove the frig. I have had to replace these on our stick house units before and if I don't remove the rear panel before the frig is installed I may not be able to get it off from the frig vent. I will be able to disconnect the ice maker water supply line from under the frig where the furnace is and unplug the AC power cord from the outside via the frig vent.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2011, 02:22 PM   #128

Monaco Owners Club
Great point Bob. It will also help to winterize the ice maker, for those of us that have to spend time in the cold!
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:45 AM   #129

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Oh I got it now Bob. Guess I misunderstood. Good idea but to late for me now.

I did move the electrical outlet from the original location on the wall behind to underneath. It gained me some depth and the original was not on the inverter so I swapped it with one that was on the side by the dinette that was. It also makes it easy to unplug if necessary from inside.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:30 AM   #130

Thanks Don for the idea of adding 2 more batteries. That's a great idea and one I will have to look at when it comes time. How would you attach a shelf above the existing one?

Bob I sooooo wish I was closer (we live in Calif now but lived in Tennessee last year) I would be there in a heart beat to help ya with the install. Pictures would be awesome and for sure most helpful.

This is a BIG project and I am not sure I have the confidence to tackle it on my own.
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:16 AM   #131

Monaco Owners Club
DtBt, did you have the big storage drawer under the norcold? if so did you take it out ? thanks
vanagon41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #132

Monaco Owners Club
vanagan41,
I have the Suburban furnace underneath.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #133
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtBt View Post
There is a plastic lever on the left side of the icemaker that turns it off when bin gets full. Ours works.
Does the lever you referenced turn the ice maker off automatically or manually? There is no lever on our Samsung 197 but there is a button at the top of the reefer that allows the ice maker to be turned off.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #134

Monaco Owners Club
Kix,
I can't say how it works for sure. I can't watch it in action but I do know it stops when full. The lever I saw is how I thought it worked. Maybe yours is defective. I'd call Samsung CS.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #135
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtBt View Post
Kix,
I can't say how it works for sure. I can't watch it in action but I do know it stops when full. The lever I saw is how I thought it worked. Maybe yours is defective. I'd call Samsung CS.
Well, I just learned something........thanks. I was so curious I just went out and looked for the lever which I had never noticed before. It's there and I would agree that it sure looks like a lever to turn it off when the ice bin is full.
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #136
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
LeeB.......My battery box has the six batteries sitting on the floor (no slideout tray). I have some 300 pound heavy duty slides that that would work for a tray. My plan was to weld a frame that attaches to the roof and rear wall. I haven't study it that closely yet, but I think it would work well to move the starting batteries (maintenance free) to the tray and then have the six batteries on the floor of the box.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:28 AM   #137

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Don, maybe you have thought about this already but make sure you protect the ECM from any unusual voltages when welding on the frame.
Old 08-21-2011, 05:43 AM   #138

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeB View Post
Bob I sooooo wish I was closer (we live in Calif now but lived in Tennessee last year) I would be there in a heart beat to help ya with the install. Pictures would be awesome and for sure most helpful.

This is a BIG project and I am not sure I have the confidence to tackle it on my own.
Lee,

I thought you lived just north of Nashville across the state line in Kentucky, but now notice you moved to California. Guess you traded the cold weather for taxes. Assume you must be retired military and need to be near a base such as Ft. Campbell, etc. What ever your reason for relocating, hope everything is well with you and yours. If you were still here I would be glad to help you in any way I could. We have camped at the three campgrounds on Music Valley Drive in Nashville many times and could meet there.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:11 AM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Lee,

I thought you lived just north of Nashville across the state line in Kentucky, but now notice you moved to California. Guess you traded the cold weather for taxes. Assume you must be retired military and need to be near a base such as Ft. Campbell, etc. What ever your reason for relocating, hope everything is well with you and yours. If you were still here I would be glad to help you in any way I could. We have camped at the three campgrounds on Music Valley Drive in Nashville many times and could meet there.

Bob
Bob,

I only wish I was retired Military, I worked for city government for years and so did my wife (both here in California) and yes we traded cold for taxes. We moved back here because we missed family and friends. WE LOVED the south and the people and miss that also. Oh so torn. We to have stayed at the Campgrounds on MVD a few times. We still have a house Tennessee just off I-65 2 miles from the Flying J.

Thanks for the offer (shows Southern Charm) there are people with charm here to just not as many.

Your Pictures of the install I am sure will help in many ways....

Lee
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #140

Before I installed ours I took off the back and cut a service hole for solenoid access and then put the back on again. In hindsite I think you could just cut it open with a pair of tin snips
Don
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
norcold