Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2016, 01:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Question Replacement for RCA RTD258 home theater gone bad.

I have a RCA RTD258 home theater in my Monaco. The DVD player has gone bad but all the speakers are still working and in the walls etc. The sub woofer is powered and receives its power and control from the RTD258 receiver. Can I still use this sub with a new receiver? How? The sub woofer has 4 cables going into it - two speaker and two power/control. I really don't want to buy a new sub or set up a separate amplifier for it. (not even sure if that is possible) Any suggestions?
sfdladder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2016, 03:52 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
we need to get together then--- my player and surround work, but the sound comes and goes...

Our surround sound is now the front and rear TV
Old 09-07-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
YC1

I was not able to use mine. The cabinets above get terribly hot and really is hard on our electronics.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 06:43 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
RCA is the number one pile of junk out there. I've gone through 3 of them and now the forth one won't start up. Looking for a sub, but it needs to go into the small cabinet space. Any brand but RCA.
A few years ago I bought a RCA 45" TV. After 3 months it stopped playing. We called the Co that we bought it from and they came out and said I need a new board. So, after 6 months of complaining, they finally told me it needed to come from Japan. Another 3 months and they finally gave up and gave us a credit for a new one.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:16 PM   #5

Sfladder thought in previous thread you started you are looking at receivers?did you investigate any further in the model I sent to you?lets discuss. Options for wireless subs

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 09-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Smile receivers

I have looked at Yamaha and Sony. I want to get more info on the Sony STR-DH550. I am not ready to purchase but have decided against Pioneer.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:22 AM   #7
YC1

These overhead cabinets get incredibly hot. They did not insulate the front cap of my RV so the entertainment cabinet gets hot enough to bake bread.

I removed the dividers between the sections so moving things about is much easier and give better circulation. I have added a vent on the bottom of the cabinet and muffin fans in between. I also have a laptop cooler between the direct tv and the over the air receiver.

When Parked I usually keep two of the cabinets open. Heat destroyed my RCA one one more receiver after that. Since I am an Electronic tech it was obvious what needed to be done.

If I get energetic this Winter I may place insulation on the ceiling portion of the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Overhead.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	170.9 KB
ID:	138406  

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:33 PM   #8

Hi,
Gave up on mine and installed a sound bar and wireless subwoofer. Many different kinds out there. Wired DVDs thru tv so sound bar works on it as well. If I want to play the radio it plays thru the ceiling speakers
Don
D Barber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 08:43 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Smile Final update

I purchased a Sony Receiver. I placed it in the same place as the old RCA DVD player. I hooked my new DVD player and the Direct TV receiver to the Sony Receiver with HDMI connections. The Sony receiver runs my surround sound speakers. (I still need to hook up my sub woofer but I have a definite plan for that) I ran a HDMI cable to the TV and everything is working great. I got three fans and have them set to come on anytime the receivers are on. They cool the area nicely. Everything is connected to a single surge protector. I turn everything on or off with one switch. I placed both my DVD and Direct TV receiver on a wire rack shelf sitting three inches above the bottom of the cabinet. This allows the fans to circulate the air around them. I leave the cabinet doors open when ever the system is on. I am very happy!
Old 10-17-2016, 09:50 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Your turn to be a "happy camper"!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 10:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfdladder11 View Post
I purchased a Sony Receiver. I placed it in the same place as the old RCA DVD player. I hooked my new DVD player and the Direct TV receiver to the Sony Receiver with HDMI connections. The Sony receiver runs my surround sound speakers. (I still need to hook up my sub woofer but I have a definite plan for that) I ran a HDMI cable to the TV and everything is working great. I got three fans and have them set to come on anytime the receivers are on. They cool the area nicely. Everything is connected to a single surge protector. I turn everything on or off with one switch. I placed both my DVD and Direct TV receiver on a wire rack shelf sitting three inches above the bottom of the cabinet. This allows the fans to circulate the air around them. I leave the cabinet doors open when ever the system is on. I am very happy!

Have some pics to show us glad you found a solution.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 10-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Talking Pictures coming soon.

I haven't completed my renovation yet. When done I will take pictures and share them. I still need to connect my sub-woofer and secure my wire racks permanently. Currently they are raised with wood blocks and I am trying to figure how best to fasten them. When I first got my current Monaco, I was amazed by how many MH owners spent time on mods and renovations. Now I understand. The MH pretty much becomes a hobby.

Tags
replacement, heater, replace, heat, ace