Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2019, 02:23 PM   #1

Replacement water pump for a 2003 Diplomat

Hi I am wondering if there is a quiet replacement pump our 2003 Diplomats pump is working but the pump is pretty loud I thought there might be a "watershed" development in pump technology from 2003..
Thanks
Neal
ncolingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
You may try modifying the mount using a piece of heavy rubber to isolate the pump from the wall of the coach. If it is hard plumbed into the pex piping you might try adding short pieces of flexible hose to isolate the pump from the plumbing. If neither of the above have been done it might be worth trying.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncolingham View Post
Hi I am wondering if there is a quiet replacement pump our 2003 Diplomats pump is working but the pump is pretty loud I thought there might be a "watershed" development in pump technology from 2003..
Thanks
Neal
Neal,

Here is a link to the Aqua Jet 5 chamber pump I recently installed in our 2006 Diplomat. The problem with this pump is it is larger than your OEM pump and most likely will not fit in the same location.

https://www.amazon.com/Remco-55-AQUA.../dp/B004RCSLFS

Here are some things you can do to reduce noise in your existing system.

Most of the pump noise is actually water hammer caused by the movement of the PEX water lines thru out the chassis. The first thing to do is add flexible lines to the output and input of your existing water pump. When the water pump operates it vibrates back and forth and the hard connections between the pump and the PEX water lines transmit the vibration to the water lines. You can usually purchase these flexible lines in home supply stores in the plumbing section. They are most commonly used in sink and toilet installations. It is best to get them long enough so a loop can be formed in the connection.

Another trick is to purchase pipe insulation that is split and push the insulation on as many of the PEX lines as you can get to. Often the hot and cold lines are routed together and have the tendency to bang together when the pump is running.

Over the years I have tried to improve on the OEM mounts on water pumps with little success. The problem is that the factory often mounts the pumps on a surface that acts as a sounding board. The pump on our coach was originally mounted in a vertical position to the compartment wall. I did not see any way to improve on that and choose to relocate the new pump on the ceiling of the compartment.

Good luck on your quest for pump silence,

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:22 AM   #4

Check out isolation dampeners suitable for weight. Or mount to 3\8 rubber sheet mount that to some stand offs 4 woods blocks in corners. Stretch rubber bungee straps to a frame clamp to those.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Neal! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Is your pump mounted to the left wall of the equipment bay as mine is? If so, there is plenty of room for just about any replacement! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

I noticed that you are kinda new on IRV2 and wanted to say hello!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 07:19 PM   #6

I have to comment on the replys they are thoughtful and helpful I an used to car and computer forums when I never
get a straight answer
I did wrap the plex with pipe wrap the pump is on the left compartment wall so not fun for my 64 year old carcass.

Thanks to everyone who posted
ncolingham is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, water, water pump