Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2018, 06:23 AM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin4Fun View Post
HWH has a private-label part number for the White Rodgers solenoid switch: 120-105111. The White Rodgers part number is: 120-105711.
What is the difference between the first two part numbers listed (#1 and #2 in my attachment). They appear to be the same.

Also, would we better off off with part number (#3) which has a "maximum" DC rating of 14V? Since our coaches are running closer to 14VDC than 12VDC (with engine running - although 12VDC may be closer to actual system voltage with engine off).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	White_Rodger Type120 solenoid.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	208887  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I used a White-Rodgers 124-105111 DC Power Solenoid in mine and it worked fine.
I looks different but it's just basically an on switch.
1CoolZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 09:38 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah!! Our aux air compressor is now working.
I thought I heard it around 6am this morning, but wasn't sure. This pump is so much quieter than the Power Gear pump on our 07.

I leveled it this afternoon when we arrived in Chula Vista. Later this evening I was standing out next to the passenger rear tire and first heard the leveling system come alive and drop some air from one side and then the aux pump came on.
I guess I can finally cross this one off my list.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 01:16 PM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Nice!!!
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 02:35 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Does anyone have a drawing for a shield to go around the HWH-Thomas air compressor?

Also, HWH is installing this same pump on the new active air suspension systems. Many of the Newmar folks are having the new system installed.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Vito. I plan on moving the HWH pump inside the last bin on the pass side. Mine does not have batteries in it. It should be an easy move, just power wire and air hose extension. Already have the plugs to extend the power wire and the air line and connections. Now all I need is time....

I know Mike Cantor had a shield made for his outside pump years ago, might ask him if he is still available.... Or check all his posts back a long way......

Good luck
Dave
Old 07-29-2018, 06:31 AM   #35

I moved ours inside the rearmost bay on the passenger side a couple years ago, wish I had done it way before. It is completely protected, only downside it is a little noisier in the coach than before, but on the positive side you can hardly hear it outside.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:47 AM   #36

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Does anyone have a drawing for a shield to go around the HWH-Thomas air compressor?

Also, HWH is installing this same pump on the new active air suspension systems. Many of the Newmar folks are having the new system installed.

Vito
Earlier, you said that this compressor is a lot quieter than the one on your previous coach (07 Sig). I am going to replace the compressor on my 07 Navigator. What model compressor did you use? I've read through this thread and am excited that there might be a quieter compressor! I'm still searching for Mike Cantor's description of an enclosure.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:59 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
The older coaches (prior to 2006) use the Thomas 405ADC38/12 Piston Air Compressor, 1/10HP,12VDC 100PSI. It is very quiet but the case is open and it's very susceptible to dirt/dust.

The Viair Industrial grade 250 air compressor is a much better compressor, but it is loud in comparison. The Viair 250 Industrial pulls 11 amps whereas the Thomas pulls 10.5. (I don’t think .5a is a big deal.)
The Thomas is rated at .24cfm at 100psi and the Viair 250 is .45cfm at 100 (almost double) and the Viair is 100% duty cycle at 100psi.
And to top it off the Viair is sealed and almost half the cost of the Thomas and is good to 150psi where the Thomas is rated to 100psi.

So, you can have quiet, or you can have high output and long life at the expense of noise.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:59 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
How loud is loud?
Will it wake you up at night? Can the neighboring coach hear it run at night?
If no, then that's the one I'd get when my Thomas fails.
Old 07-31-2018, 06:20 PM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Depending on where it's mounted compared to the bedroom the Viair would probably wake you up if you are a light sleeper. The one in our 07 woke me up until we fixed all the air leaks and then it rarely ran.
I doubt it would wake up the neighbor.
Because the CFM output is double, it will run for a shorter time.

The Thomas compressor is so quiet they use it in dentist offices.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:05 AM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
HWH auxilary air system

Real good stuff guys on the air system, I have a 2002 Signature and just learned a lot.
I have looked at post from 2011 to this just to get the info and wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to review this area.
Just to review
I take it that if your leveling auxiliary compressor is not working then you will not be able to raise your air bags so this will be a indicator its bad.
The auxiliary system should not be filling your main tanks but if you have a bad check valve it could.
So this sounds like the 2 systems are joined, is it that the main tanks can raise your airbags also in case you auxiliary compressor fails?
Kind of confused in this area.
Does HWH have a manual on their systems that is online and are they pretty much the same for all coaches.
My main air tanks when not in use start to bleed down after 3-4 days almost to nothing and rear air bags will do the same. I see there are many connections to check along with solenoids that could be leaking so I'm wondering if the 2 systems are joined will a small leak in the airbag piping and connections cause the main tanks to bleed off.
One post mentioned that they had a small leak in their air dryer system which was draining their tanks, good idea to check that area while I'm investigating.
Nothing keeping me up at night, just wonder on a new rig how long does it take for the main air tanks to loose pressure?
Thanks again,
Dave
I forgot to mention that while its in storage I have the coach and chaise main disconnects shut off, and I have gotten into a habit of doing this most of the time, could it be the bags are bleeding off due to the 12 volt power being off along with a small leak? I'm away for weeks at a time trying to keep the batteries from draining and don't want to leave it plugged in unattended.
Davidv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:32 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidv View Post
Real good stuff guys on the air system, I have a 2002 Signature and just learned a lot.
I have looked at post from 2011 to this just to get the info and wanted to thank all of you for taking the time to review this area.
Just to review
I take it that if your leveling auxiliary compressor is not working then you will not be able to raise your air bags so this will be a indicator its bad.
You would still be able to raise coach on chassis air - just as if you did not have the air leveling. Only when the coach engine is not running and the chassis tanks are empty would the electric compressor be called on to raise coach - and you must be in Auto Leveling Mode. The electric compressor only comes on if the HWH system is turned on.

Quote:
The auxiliary system should not be filling your main tanks but if you have a bad check valve it could.
True, but that little electric compressor would have to run for a long while.

Quote:
So this sounds like the 2 systems are joined, is it that the main tanks can raise your airbags also in case you auxiliary compressor fails?
The electric air compressor only comes on if the HWH system is On. And even then only if the pressure is below the cutout pressure (90 psi I think). When the chassis tanks are filled, the HWH compressor never comes on.

Quote:
Kind of confused in this area.
Does HWH have a manual on their systems that is online and are they pretty much the same for all coaches.
There are several different HWH leveling systems. They are similar but not the same, so you need to have the correct HWH manual for operation and troubleshooting. https://www.hwhcorp.com/

Quote:
My main air tanks when not in use start to bleed down after 3-4 days almost to nothing and rear air bags will do the same. I see there are many connections to check along with solenoids that could be leaking so I'm wondering if the 2 systems are joined will a small leak in the airbag piping and connections cause the main tanks to bleed off.
A leak in the air bag system can drain the chassis air tanks. There is a check valve at the tanks but it lets air go from tank to air bags. It is there so if the chassis tanks drain out and the electric air compressor comes on, the elec compressor does not try to fill the chassis tanks. But it will not stop air from tanks leaking out the air bags. Note that the air bags connect directly to the ride height valves. The ride height valves have a check valve in them.
So if your air bags are leaking then there are only three things to check 1) the air bag itself is leaking, 2) the line from air bag to ride height is leaking, 3) the ride height valve is leaking.

Quote:
One post mentioned that they had a small leak in their air dryer system which was draining their tanks, good idea to check that area while I'm investigating.
Nothing keeping me up at night, just wonder on a new rig how long does it take for the main air tanks to loose pressure?
Thanks again,
Dave
All our coaches leak air over time. A new rig may hold air for months. But a 10 or 15 year coach will probably leak to zero in a week (at least mine does) but my air bags never leak down. So coach tanks may read zero but it stays up.

Quote:
I forgot to mention that while its in storage I have the coach and chaise main disconnects shut off, and I have gotten into a habit of doing this most of the time,
could it be the bags are bleeding off due to the 12 volt power being off along with a small leak? I'm away for weeks at a time trying to keep the batteries from draining and don't want to leave it plugged in unattended.
Yes. But the air bags should hold pressure much longer than the chassis tanks. Its a small isolated system, so less places for leaks. But if you have any leaks the air bags can leak down. Remember that even with the batteries turned on, the electric air compressor is not going to come on unless your HWH system in On. And it is not normal to store coach with HWH system in auto level. Most people dump all the air and park coach with air bags dumped. That way you don't need to worry that one air bag leaks down and the others dont, causing frame twist.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:15 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
A leak in the air bag system can drain the chassis air tanks. There is a check valve at the tanks but it lets air go from tank to air bags. It is there so if the chassis tanks drain out and the electric air compressor comes on, the elec compressor does not try to fill the chassis tanks. But it will not stop air from tanks leaking out the air bags. Note that the air bags connect directly to the ride height valves. The ride height valves have a check valve in them.
So if your air bags are leaking then there are only three things to check 1) the air bag itself is leaking, 2) the line from air bag to ride height is leaking, 3) the ride height valve is leaking.
One more thing to add to this -- the airbags and ride height valve connect to each other through the HWH Travel solenoid, so that is the "4th" place to check for leaks.

Think of the Air Bags as an "inner circle" within the chassis air system. It is isolated from chassis air by check valves and can be fed from either the chassis air or the HWH Aux air compressor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HWH Air Leveling air flow diagram.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	219365  

Tags
air, hwh